Caller ID settings problems...

Guest hk

Right,

Recently got myself a C550, I make a large number of business calls from my mobile, and as such have orange permanently hiding my caller id (as my Nokia 6310i couldnt do it properly).

Now ive asked them to remove the block as the C550 has the shiny function of only supplying my caller id if someone is in my phonebook (or so I thought...)

There are 3 options as I see it;

Provide my caller ID to:

1. Everyone - when this is set everyone is getting the caller id.

2. No one - obviously its with holding it.

3. Only my contacts - its still with holding it, regardless if the person is in my contacts list or not...

I really would like option 3 to work, has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers!

Guest SilentlyScreaming

re. option 3 - Might be worth experimenting with adding/removing the country code to your contacts' phone numbers . eg 01452 700000 <> +441452 700000 . I don't have any direct knowledge of the system, but its one factor worth excluding...

PS Obviously only worth changing one contact to test the outcome :>

Guest hotphil

The original SPV required all contact numbers to be in international format for them to display properly when calling. It may well still be the same with the 550, but as all my contacts have been in international format for a while now I'm not too sure.

If you ever travel, it's useful to have the numbers stored in that format anyway.

All my numbers are already in international format and it doesnt work, tried experiemting with all sorts of combinations, wondering if its just not something Orange support?

Guest hotphil

Are your numbers definitely in the format "+441234567890"? Note the inclusion of the "+" the exclusion of any "(0)" and no spaces anywhere. Mine works fine when they're set like that.

Guest hotphil

Ah, yes that would be it. If memory serves think there is a tool floating around that may help, I think it used to be on Monolithix's site. I'll have a hunt....