Think my SP5's got a dodgy joystick!?

Guest trevdixon

Guest trevdixon

I got the phone from phones2u direct nearly a week ago and have started to notice the joystick is not very responsive when i move it left. its started annoying me now and means its next to impossible to play games!

Has anyone else got the same problem?, going to see about sending it back to get fixed, i just dont want to be without it though, after waiting so long for it to arrive!

I got the phone from phones2u direct nearly a week ago and have started to notice the joystick is not very responsive when i move it left.  its started annoying me now and means its next to impossible to play games!

Has anyone else got the same problem?, going to see about sending it back to get fixed, i just dont want to be without it though, after waiting so long for it to arrive!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I have had my SP5 for about 3 weeks now, no joystick problems here.

I had an SP3i before that, one joystick came off in the first week, then snapped in 2 a few months after. Got that replaced by i-mate but the new joystick was unresponsive.

SP5 joystick is a pleasure in comparison.....so far :?:

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yeah, it's fair to say reliability on HTC joysticks is (at least in my experience), somewhat questionable.

Either (a) send it back from whence it came or (;) send it back to HTC for a warranty repair.

P

Guest gilesjuk

My up and down misses a beat now and then, but it's directional (ie. if I press it slightly left or right when going up). It's nothing to worry about in my case.

I've found it's easier to use in some situations when pressing the edge from above and not pushing from the side.