No MiniSD card bundled with i-Mate SP5?

Guest Cybertronic

Guest roma0803
As the topic says, is it supposed to come with one? :D

Bit of a disappointment for not receiving one :D Although I will be buying one soon ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No! But like duncan888 says, they wouldn't include a 512MB or 1GB in it.

Guest Cybertronic

Why is it that I can only fit two songs on the Phones memory which says it's 17MB, I thought the ROM was 64MB?

What am I doing wrong here? ;)

Even my SPV E200 stored more songs on its onboard memory :?:

Guest shadamehr

Go into File Manager or Task Manager on the phone, then press the Menu key and choose System Info.

Note that the TOTAL memory for the phone is 64MB

Then notice that this is then SPLIT between Program Memory (Ram if you like, to run programs), and then STORAGE Memory, for storing files, songs etc.

THIS will be around 5MB free or even less, whilst the RAM will be around 20MB...

Unlike my old XDA2 where I could use a slider to balance and adjust how much was reserved for each, you can't on the SmartPhone.

Additionally, let the Free Storage bit get to less than 4MB and there is another major bug or flaw whereby you can't send or receive MMS anymore.

So do what I did, if you have not set up too much on it yet, and do a Hard Reset to clear it, and remove the antivirus stuff too etc.

Then, install everything to Mini-SD when you get one - you can now install ringtones, wallpapers, and caller ID pics etc to mini-sd and they work fine.

And aim to keep your Free Storage at around 8MB or more.

Its hard, but can be done.

Guest Cybertronic

Thanks for the reply shadamehr ;)

My phone didn't come with the anti virus program installed although I've seen it on the i-mate website for download :D

I can have up to 12MB free of Storage memory if I remove two MP3's that I put on the phone, so I guess this is fine if I remove them and put it onto a MiniSD when I purchase one? :D

Guest UniqueTouch
I can have up to 12MB free of Storage memory if I remove two MP3's that I put on the phone, so I guess this is fine if I remove them and put it onto a MiniSD when I purchase one? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup :D

If you want to use mp3s as ringtones, then you need to create a folder called "My Documents" on the miniSD and copy them there.

:D