Sonorix Bluetooth Headphones ROCK! GET THESE!

Guest Austin519

Guest Austin519

UniqueTouch:

Well also realize that the pairing is kinda finicky...you gotta turn the dongle off, then press and hold the power button (even after it turns on) till it starts flashing. There's a really good FAQ on their site about any issues, pretty much covers everything.

assisttechnology:

Are you offering a better price than the price direct from them? I know I got my whole package for $150 with $20 shipping for anything I ordered...I think that's how much it was...

Austin519

Edited by Austin519

Guest UniqueTouch
It is more likely to surround the services and profiles that your Bluetooth Adapter is set-up or capable of providing.

The long and the short of this one is that you need to find out how (with the software you have) to not just pair the devices but to enable the relevant service (or profile) for the Sonorix pairing you have created. Your Bluetooth Adapter 'should' support both 'Headset' and 'AV/Headphone' Services. What you will need to do is work out how to enable this. Usually you will be able to select the service and then create a shortcut which you may like to store on the desktop so you can just enable the link when you want to. You should be able to do this for 'Headset' and again for 'AV/Headphone' this way you can change between them easily.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think is my problem, I have no services listed when I check the properties of the paired headset. So my device must be faulty.

I'm not sure who the manufacturer of the device is, it's a generic one I think.

Can you recommend a good one to buy? One with 100m would be good.

Guest assisttechnology
UniqueTouch:

Well also realize that the pairing is kinda finicky...you gotta turn the dongle off, then press and hold the power button (even after it turns on) till it starts flashing.  There's a really good FAQ on their site about any issues, pretty much covers everything.

assisttechnology:

Are you offering a better price than the price direct from them?  I know I got my whole package for $150 with $20 shipping for anything I ordered...I think that's how much it was...

Austin519

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there Austin519,

Not sure where you are based... UK? If so, you should be liable for duties and VAT levied by HMCE on top of your quoted amount.

From Sonorix direct the $150 (and usually $25 shipping) would be $175 x 17.5% VAT = $205. Our current price in £GBP (at time of this posting) is approximately the same as this after conversion.

The additional benefit of purchasing from us (for anyone in Europe) is that we are more local in case of any product issues. Our close relationship with Sonorix allows us to swap out any units purchased from us and deemed to be faulty by manufacture.

Our price on http://www.assisttechnology.co.uk (as the time of this message) includes VAT and insured 'Special Delivery' to any address in the UK, and 'Signed for Delivery' to most destinations in Europe.

If anyone wishes to purchase from us, contact us [email protected] and we will see what we can do. If you know several people who would like a unit and can get several orders we can see what we can do ;-).

Regards

The Assist Technology Team

Guest assisttechnology
I think is my problem, I have no services listed when I check the properties of the paired headset. So my device must be faulty.

I'm not sure who the manufacturer of the device is, it's a generic one I think.

Can you recommend a good one to buy? One with 100m would be good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi UniqueTouch,

Have a look at this - http://www.bluesoleil.com/products/index.asp

Your existing device may work with the software in which case you will be ok. If not... check the site out to see which chipsets it does work with (about 7 options i believe) and purchasing one with the supported chipset would be advised.

Hope this helps.

Guest assisttechnology
So we like the Sonorix BT HS. Now I stumbled upon these. They look a lot like the Sonorix, don't they?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We can confirm that these are an Anycom branded version of Sonorix product. There may be slight differences in the look and/or software which we cannot comment on. You will notice the product looks practically the same from the outside.

Guest roma0803
We can confirm that these are an Anycom branded version of Sonorix product. There may be slight differences in the look and/or software which we cannot comment on. You will notice the product looks practically the same from the outside.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the confirmation.

Now this:

Sonorix set, bought at Sonorix for $ 150.00 (about £ 86.00. £ 100.00 with shipping excl. VAT)

Sonorix set, bought at Assist Technology £ 120.00

Anycom set, bought at Expansys UK £ 65.95

How come the Anycom set is so much cheaper?

Edit:

Ok, found out the Anycom doesn't come with a Bluetooth Audio Dongle. But still, there's a lot of price difference.

Edited by roma0803

Guest Jimmy Jimmy

OBH_0100_Brochure_english.pdfOBH_0100_Brochure_english.pdf

Thanks for the confirmation.

Now this:

Sonorix set, bought at Sonorix for $ 150.00 (about £ 86.00. £ 100.00 with shipping excl. VAT)

Sonorix set, bought at Assist Technology £ 120.00

Anycom set, bought at Expansys UK £ 65.95

How come the Anycom set is so much cheaper?

Edit:

Ok, found out the Anycom doesn't come with a Bluetooth Audio Dongle. But still, there's a lot of price difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In response to your pricing - I just bought a brand new SONORIX OBH-0100 from www.sonorix.co.uk for £74.99

The unit functions not only as a stereo bluetooth headset with mobiles and my PC but also has a built in MP3 player. I find this function very handy as I fly a lot and you are not alowed to use transmitting devices on aircraft which means I could'nt use a regular stereo bluetooth headset to stream from a phone or audio player. It's also handy in the gym too as I don't need to carry around other audio devices. The unit is supplied complete with two rechargeable cells. A stand alone battery charger so you can charge one cell whilst using the other. A2DP USB dongle and Bluetooth A2DP software suite. It also has a soft carry case and USB extension cable.

Guest roma0803

Could you share some experience with us how it is in use? How's the sound, weight, does it stay on your ears well? Did you use it as a handsfree for your phone? Thanks.

Guest roma0803

Could you share some experience with us how it is in use? How's the sound, weight, does it stay on your ears well? Did you use it as a handsfree for your phone? Thanks.

Guest Jimmy Jimmy

post-162108-1134221206_thumb.jpgpost-162108-1134221339_thumb.jpgpost-162108-1134221416_thumb.jpgpost-162108-1134221504_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The SONORIX OBH-0100 audio reproduction is crystal clear whether you are listening to the integral MP3 player or streaming from your PC/mobile.

The unit is very light and I use it whilst jogging and at the gym. It is stable and remains comfortably fitting to your ears using the folding neck band.

It works well as a handsfree kit with my Nokia 8800 and will recieve stereo audio streams of MP3 tracks that are paused when you recieve or make a call. You can also use 'voice dialing' if your handset is equipped with voice dialing features.

For a tech spec check out www.sonorix.co.uk.

I've attached a couple of jpegs of the unit

Guest Austin519

assisttechnology:

I'm in the US.

Jimmy Jimmy:

I saw those...they're a bit older. Not a fan because the mic isn't detachable but glad to hear they're working for you.

Austin519

Guest assisttechnology
OBH_0100_Brochure_english.pdfOBH_0100_Brochure_english.pdf

In response to your pricing - I just bought a brand new SONORIX OBH-0100 from www.sonorix.co.uk for £74.99

The unit functions not only as a stereo bluetooth headset with mobiles and my PC but also has a built in MP3 player. I find this function very handy as I fly a lot and you are not alowed to use transmitting devices on aircraft which means I could'nt use a regular stereo bluetooth headset to stream from a phone or audio player. It's also handy in the gym too as I don't need to carry around other audio devices. The unit is supplied complete with two rechargeable cells. A stand alone battery charger so you can charge one cell whilst using the other. A2DP USB dongle and Bluetooth A2DP software suite. It also has a soft carry case and USB extension cable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there,

The SONORIX OBH-0110 is a very different device to the SONORIX OBH-0100.

The OBH-0110 we sell comes with a Bluetooth Audio Sender Unit that provides not just the ability to plug into USB for audio streaming from a PC, but also has an analogue connection for pluging into virtually any audio device you like, including MP3 Players, Portable Consoles, TV, Hi-Fi.... as long as it has a jack socket output you can listen to it. The Audio sender unit converts the audio to Bluetooth signal and sends to the headset.

Also please note the difference in battery life.

OBH-0100 - 6 Hours (3 hours on Mobile phone)

OBH-0110 - 12 hours (12 hours on Mobile phone)

Whilst the OBH-0100 is a nice product, the OBH-0110 is much more versatile and has better specificaions. The price is a little higher, but you can get rid of practically all your audio wires with the OBH-0110. :)

As rightly pointed out, the AnyCom version does not come with an Audio Sender unit.

Please consider these facts carefully when purchasing.

Hope this helps.

Guest roma0803
Hi there,

The OBH-0110 we sell comes with a Bluetooth Audio Sender Unit that provides not just the ability to plug into USB for audio streaming from a PC, but also has an analogue connection for pluging into virtually any audio device you like, including MP3 Players, Portable Consoles, TV, Hi-Fi.... as long as it has a jack socket output you can listen to it. The Audio sender unit converts the audio to Bluetooth signal and sends to the headset.

Whilst the OBH-0100 is a nice product, the OBH-0110 is much more versatile and has better specificaions. The price is a little higher, but you can get rid of practically all your audio wires with the OBH-0110. :)

As rightly pointed out, the AnyCom version does not come with an Audio Sender unit.

Hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for pointing out the differences. I'm more and more thinking of getting one of these. I sure hope A2DP is something for the very near future (and not pushed back... and back...) since that is a great addition to my phone.

Edited by roma0803

Guest Jimmy Jimmy
Hi there,

Hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Assist!

I did see the 0110's and they looked good too but the reason I went with the 0100's was they have a built in MP3 Player which means I don't need to carry another device to stream audio to them. This was particularly of interest to me as I fly a lot and a stewardess told me a few months back that I could not use Bluetooth or any other radio streaming devices onboard a plane in flight. I also find them good for the gym or when I'm out jogging for the same reason as it means I don't need to carry a second MP3 player or phone - I'm not sure it should make any difference. I use my 0100's with a Nokia 8800 but if you are only getting 3 hours battery from yours I'd get them exchanged as I get between six and eight hours out of one battery depending on how much I'm on the phone and as you get two batteries with a set I rarley run both cells down. I guess it really comes down to your requirements but being a bit of a 'tight-ass' what really clinched it for me in the end was they were about half the price.

Guest roma0803

Cool. According to this log by a Microsoft employee the first AKU2 device is out there. A Gigabyte device with both Push Email and A2DP. Good to see MS doesn't wait for a settlement in their lawsuit with Visto.

Now bring on those new ROM's :cheesy:

Guest markdotpeters5

I need a replacement set of BT phones, as I bought the Motorola set the other day and functionality wise, they're great, but they're fat too uncomfortable.

Don't want the same thing to happen with these tho :D

Hey assisttechnology, what's your returns policy like? ;)

Guest schriss
Thanks Assist!

I did see the 0110's and they looked good too but the reason I went with the 0100's was they have a built in MP3 Player which means I don't need to carry  another device to stream audio to them. This was particularly of interest to me as I fly a lot and a stewardess told me a few months back that I could not use Bluetooth or any other radio streaming devices onboard a plane in flight. I also find them good for the gym or when I'm out jogging for the same reason as it means I don't need to carry a second MP3 player or phone - I'm not sure it should make any difference. I use my 0100's with a Nokia 8800 but if you are only getting 3 hours battery from yours I'd get them exchanged as I get between six and eight hours out of one battery depending on how much I'm on the phone and as you get two batteries with a set I rarley run both cells down. I guess it really comes down to your requirements but being a bit of a 'tight-ass' what really clinched it for me in the end was they were about half the price.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I will go for OBH-0100 too. Is the mic detachable, like on OBH-0110?

Guest Jimmy Jimmy
I think I will go for OBH-0100 too. Is the mic detachable, like on OBH-0110?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the OBH-0100 the mic is telescopic and retractable but can not be removed entirely - Seems to work fine for me.

Not sure where you're based but I've seen all sorts of pricing. I got mine in the UK in the end from www.sonorix.co.uk

Guest schriss
I got mine in the UK in the end from www.sonorix.co.uk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They doesn't seem to offer other shipping choices, like they ship for UK only, but I'm in Poland. Anybody seen other places to buy Sonorix?

OBH-0110 is to expensive for me. I have seen OBH-0100 in Russian online shops for as low as $100

Edited by schriss

Guest SONORIX
They doesn't seem to offer other shipping choices, like they ship for UK only, but I'm in Poland. Anybody seen other places to buy Sonorix?

OBH-0110 is to expensive for me. I have seen OBH-0100 in Russian online shops for as low as $100

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Schriss,

I was forwarded this link from a customer in Toronto. I work for sonorix systems and although our website does not offer international shipping we can ship worldwide if required. If you are still looking and interested our current list price for the full package is 63.83 GBP plus shipping - see www.sonorix.co.uk. For international shipping quotes drop us a line at [email protected].

Guest adjonline

The Anycoms seem a lot cheaper for the same product. If I buy them, is the dongle available elsewhere. The expansys website suggests not yet but soon. Can anyone with 'sources' confirm that?

Guest SONORIX
The Anycoms seem a lot cheaper for the same product. If I buy them, is the dongle available elsewhere. The expansys website suggests not yet but soon. Can anyone with 'sources' confirm that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Adjonline,

Just FYI and clarity SONORIX market two sets the OBH-0100 and the OBH-0110. Anycom market one set the BSH-100.

All the sets are manafactured by the same company, SONORIX being the home brand and the Anycom sold under an OEM agreement.

The SONORIX OBH-0100 has a built in MP3 player and is supplied with two batteries, a stand alone charger, USB Dongle, A2DP sofware suite and soft carry case.

The SONORIX OBH-0110 is a Stereo Bluetooth Headset that is supplied with an Audio dongle

The Anycom unit is exactly the same as the OBH-0110 except it is supplied without a dongle.

I'm not sure if anyone is selling the compatible dongles exclusively but what I can tell you is the TX source chip set utilized inside the dongle has a wholesale cost price approximately equal to the RX sync chipset employed in the headset so if/as and when the dongles do become available exclusively you can expect them to retail at around the same price as the headset it self.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions. If you want to know anything further on the products you can contact us at [email protected]