MSN Messenger over BT ActiveSync on WM5

Guest sjalloq

Guest sjalloq

Unless this is a bug with WM5 not showing the GPRS icon when it's connected, I've just connected to my MSN Messenger account via a bluetooth activesync. This may not sound like much, but my work firewall actually blocks me from using MSN so somehow, AS4.0 is bypassing it. I also synced my hotmail account too. I'm assuming the same would work over a USB connection and so save battery.

I'm loving the way WM5 Just Works. Apart from the odd quirk and the odd incompatibility with older software (that will eventually get sorted out), I'm really happy with the improvements over WM2003SE. Let me give you an example, when I first signed on to MSN Messenger, a new email account for my Hotmail was automagically created and it downloaded all my messages. I even have access to the sub-folders. Now that's progress for you. Everything seems so much more polished.

Overall, I'm loving my new SP5. The screen is fantastic and allows me, via the Facade plugin, to get a load of calendar/task info on the homescreen. AS seems to be a much better implementation and allows you to do so much more than just sync. Wi-Fi is an incredible bonus that allowed me to find a recipe on the web and follow it in the kitchen last night - I never thought I'd use my phone like that, although it's probably not the "coolest" use. 8)

I'm a happy camper. ;)

Overall, I'm loving my new SP5.  The screen is fantastic and allows me, via the Facade plugin, to get a load of calendar/task info on the homescreen.  AS seems to be a much better implementation and allows you to do so much more than just sync.  Wi-Fi is an incredible bonus that allowed me to find a recipe on the web and follow it in the kitchen last night - I never thought I'd use my phone like that, although it's probably not the "coolest" use.  8)

I'm a happy camper.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most strongly disagree ;)

It is in fact very cool that the use of a device that has been to date regarded as primarily an office productivity tool is now at the tipping point of becoming a device that finally moves the power of the PC/internet into the palm of your hand for eveyday stuff.

All we need now is for every council in the land to copy Islington's example of putting free WiFi access down a mile long stretch of Upper Street and we might even begin to see a reduction in our mobile phone bill :shock: