Qtek 9100 or Imate k Jam

Guest chickyd

Guest chickyd

Alright, I've read the review on geek.com and i now want an opinion - it doesn't give me one!

I know the Imate comes with more bundled software - which apprently can slow it donw a bit. Phone phones2u today and they're saying the Qtek'll be free but i'll have to wait 7-10days. I can have the Imate tomorrow for £50.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Guest saldous
Alright, I've read the review on geek.com and i now want an opinion - it doesn't give me one!

I know the Imate comes with more bundled software - which apprently can slow it donw a bit. Phone phones2u today and they're saying the Qtek'll be free but i'll have to wait 7-10days. I can have the Imate tomorrow for £50.

Anyone know the answer to this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can flash either ROM to either device, so take the free one, then try out both ROMs and decide which you prefer!

Guest Pondrew
You can flash either ROM to either device, so take the free one, then try out both ROMs and decide which you prefer!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have thought each device would be locked to its own updates (ie the Imate will only take Imate roms) unless you use the www.imei-check.com service to change the device id (CID) to factory default. There are almost certainly ways round the device id but they're not always easy and not always safe!

Guest saldous
I would have thought each device would be locked to its own updates (ie the Imate will only take Imate roms) unless you use the www.imei-check.com service to change the device id (CID) to factory default. There are almost certainly ways round the device id but they're not always easy and not always safe!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(EDIT: Link removed per the forum rules)

I've had the iMate Jam before which had the T-Mobile ROM on it. I flashed it with the iMate one and the Qtek one and then back to TMobile. All worked fine.

Edited by Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

Yep, and I'm runing the I-Mate 1.40 rom on my T-Mobile Blue Angel. But flashing other roms onto a device is not as straight forward as sticking to your own updates. Besides which I wouldn't want to be the first to test how the new WM5 devices respond to such attempts.

Oh, I've had to edit your post to remove a link. Please see forum rules in the top left if unsure why.