Smartphone Game Emulators for C550

Guest Parallax20

Guest 171235_1437909563
correct!

use the non QVGA on the c600 for really good speed, it plays full screen on the c600 (not a tiny window)!  8)

Get it from page 1 of this discussion, both versions are included in the RAR file (QVGA and non).

I'm playing secret of mana at just about perfect rate, using frameskip 1.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you like secret of mana, you should try chrono trigger and a translated version of...

seiken desetsu 3 :D

(secret of mana = seiken densetsu 2 :) )

This is great! Many many thanks Parallax20!

One quick question.. Is it possible for sound to be emulated for picodrive and snes in the future? Or is there a cpu power limitation thats preventing it?

Thanks for your hardwork :)

Edited by 2step

Guest 171235_1437909563

hello parallax :D

feature request :

You can associate a .gbc file with gnuboy.exe... that means you only have to execute the rom, the game automatically loads... it's great !!!

would it be possible for the super nes and the genesis ?? :)

(for these emus, you're forced to execute the emulator, then to make "menu> load rom")

I'd launch my roms with my start menu\games folder, it would be great !

Edited by 171235_1437909563

Guest Parallax20
hello parallax :D

feature request :

You can associate a .gbc file with gnuboy.exe... that means you only have to execute the rom, the game automatically loads... it's great !!!

would it be possible for the super nes and the genesis ?? :)

(for these emus, you're forced to execute the emulator, then to make "menu> load rom")

I'd launch my roms with my start menu\games folder, it would be great !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

File association shouldn't be too difficult to add. I've quite busy at the moment so I won't know exactly when I'll be able to get around to doing it.

PicoDrive doesn't have sound support at the moment. I'm not sure if it ever will this depends on if/when [email protected] gets around to including this feature in PicoDrive.

PocketSNES simply crashes if I enable sound. I've not had time to delve into the code to see whats causing it.

Sound on both these emus should be possible, but the frame rates would drop to the point where the emus are so slow, you wouldn't want to play them. BitBank is working on his own versions of Genesis and SNES emus written in ARM assembler which is much faster, so you can expect sound to be working on those...

Parallax.

hello parallax

Good night!

I am a Chinese man, I found that PocketGnuboy can't select all of ROMs which included Chinese characters. But PocketNester may support a rom with Chinese name and play. I see both of them are using FileDialogSP.dll, so could you perfect it can support the rom run in Chinese name please?

And if you associate gb/gbc with PocketGnuboy, run rom with Chinese name in Explorer, it can run again.

Enn..I am not good at English, so can't express my opinion clearly. In a word, thanks for everything all your done.

Relay

i tried to really play Wondrboy6 (Patch Fr) on picodrive, and it's a pain in the ass.

-Load/save lots of screens really annoying

-Load/save for unknow reason will produce 20secs of unwanted recorded move running to the death of course (what the hell is that)

-Cannot continue, tha emu hang on

Is picodrive really cool ?

Guest Parallax20

Relay - Sorry, I can't do much about the file selector dialog as I didn't write it. Request for chinese characters support should go to STomski who wrote it. Otherwise try to rename the file to something more acceptable by FileDialog.dll.

jenya - The original Genesis system only had 3 buttons, having 6 buttons doesn't make sense in picodrive.

ninajw - As usual I find it difficult to comprehend what you say! The problems you are experiencing probably has to do with which method of load/saving you are applying. If you are using the in game keys to do this then I would suggest you pause the game before saving. Saving the game whilst in motion/action may cause undesire restoration states, this could explain why the emu hangs on restore. Or simply use the menu save/restore options.

Parallax.

Parallax it's the Game itself that hang on after pressing retry (no save related).

I allways pause before saving i guess i should try to save while not moving My problem is that the character is moving after restoring a game: left right jumb shoot. During about 20sec and the character will die befor ei can really move it... strange i never saw that before

Guest ahumaro

Hi Friends ... i know that this emulators are for smartphones

but in the case of i-mate SP5 ... it has the same specs than JAMin, a pocket pc. same cpu, mamory and specs.

have two questions:

1.- This emulators have been very enhanced by master Parallax. Is there a way to run this emulators coded and enhanced by master parallax in the JAMin pocket pc???

2.- can you tell me links about where can i find this emulators in the pocketpc versions??

THANKS ALOT

Edited by ahumaro

Guest Parallax20
Hi Friends ... i know that this emulators are for smartphones

but in the case of i-mate SP5 ... it has the same specs than JAMin, a pocket pc. same cpu, mamory and specs.

have two questions:

1.- This emulators have been very enhanced by master Parallax. Is there a way to run this emulators coded and enhanced by master parallax in the JAMin pocket pc???

2.- can you tell me links about where can i find this emulators in the pocketpc versions??

THANKS ALOT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi ahumaro,

The changes I made are for smartphone only. If you need the PocketPC versions just do a google search by emu name, they are available from many websites for free.

Parallax.

Guest cedlefou

First off all parallax : what a great work, really. Thanks for all the time you certainly passed on working on all these emulators.

I'm just posting to report my own experience with them as you requested. My phone is a mpx220 BTW.

Concerning pocketnester : works really good an fast. However, in landscape mode i was constantly having a glitch on the bottom of the screen. Seems to me a refreshing of the screen as it shows the iconbar from times to times. I fixed this by changing the fullscreen key in the registry from 0 to 1.

PocketSnes : works but a bit slow and it certainly comes from my phone's age.

Picodrive : works really fine in all screen modes. This is suprising me as i guess the emu is quite like pocketsnes concerning the ressources needed???

PocketGnuBoy : works good and fast and sound is perfect. However, and i'm not the only one to saw this, hiting the option key just exiting the emu. I tried to change the key, clean up the registry...still crashing. And by the way, would it be possible to make a landscape fullscreen mode like the one in pocketnester?

One more time : thanks a lotfor having made me going in my memories when i was playing my nes and others.

PS : i attach the cab setup file i made for pocketnester. It installs the emu on the storage card (but you can change that by editting the _setup.xml) and it includes a config for the registry with the best settings if found (for my mpx220). Keys are preconfigured too : a=3, b=6, start=1, select=4, options=0, directions with the directionnal pad. By default, screen in landscape mode fullscreen.

PS2 : i'm french and i apologize for my english.

Bye.

emu_nes.cab

Edited by cedlefou

Guest Gladers
Someone tried it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried it, its works. GBA games are definately playable on the C600 already.

Note if you follow the guide you don't have to do any of the regestry stuff, so its easier to install that you think.

Guest kevinsephiroth
I tried it, its works. GBA games are definately playable on the C600 already.

Note if you follow the guide you don't have to do any of the regestry stuff, so its easier to install that you think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how do you make it work? when i hit the open rom button with the virtual cursor, then i browse my sd card and where i have all of my roms, the morphgear doesn't show anithing. it seems it can't find a rom at all!

i have NES,GB, GBC, GBA, SMC and SMD roms though.............. :cry:

Guest Too-Sexy

Hello all!

First of all,nice work with the emulators ,Parallax!

I am a mpx220 user,and i ve tried all the emus and they are working great.The only problem is with PocketGnuboy...

The emus starts fine,i open a rom without a problem,but i cant seem to exit the game once i started playing it. i tried binding the Option Button to different keys but still,i have to start up the camera and then press Home Button ,in order to exit!

Any ideas?

Thank you

Edited by Too-Sexy

Guest swanny01

Hey i tried installing these programs, Picodrive, Pocketsnes and pocketGNUboy but for some reason they aren't running, is it because they are .rar files, i've tried installing the original .exe versions of these programs but this didn't work, they all just went to grey screens apart from pocketsnes which crashed when i tried to load a rom. Would really appreciate any help and sorry if its already been answered. Oh yeah I forgot to say I'm using a c550. Thanks

Edited by swanny01

Guest swanny01

Ok yeah I know I'm an idiot lol, I used WinRar to get the .exe files and they're running fine now. The only thing though, is there any way to get pocketsnes to run at a better speed? I've got a frame skip of 2 and a cpu setting of 50 ive also enabled auto frame skip but im not sure that its doing anything. With these settings ive managed to get mario kart running at a reasonable speed but still not anything close to how it should be. Picodrive and Gnuboy work perfectly tho. Cheers Parralax

Guest Gladers
Ok yeah I know I'm an idiot lol, I used WinRar to get the .exe files and they're running fine now. The only thing though, is there any way to get pocketsnes to run at a better speed? I've got a frame skip of 2 and a cpu setting of 50 ive also enabled auto frame skip but im not sure that its doing anything. With these settings ive managed to get mario kart running at a reasonable speed but still not anything close to how it should be. Picodrive and Gnuboy work perfectly tho. Cheers Parralax

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

use the non qvga executable for the snes, it runs faster (and also works properly on qvga devices)

Guest ninjaw
Is Mario All Stars playable with sound (smoothly) on PocketSnes now? I have i-mate SP5

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why the hell should we try for you