Smartphone Game Emulators for C550

Guest Parallax20

Guest MTroni

Parallax,

Your port of PicoDrive is just amazing!!!!!!!

Tons of games (like Dune 2, Pirates Gold, etc.) we Smartphone gamers were waiting forever on to work are now running smoothly, even on my elderly C500!

I really can't believe the work you've done but for sure it's optimum optimization ;)

So as I already said earlier you can make the movement buttons configurable, we will have a fully working, multi keypress gaming powerhouse!

Thanks Thanks Thanks again a million.

Maybe you should start a site where you post the emu's with all your helpful advice and a PayPal donation scheme included (hint hint)

Cheers

M Troni

Guest Parallax20
Parallax,

Your port of PicoDrive is just amazing!!!!!!!

Tons of games (like Dune 2, Pirates Gold, etc.) we Smartphone gamers were waiting forever on to work are now running smoothly, even on my elderly C500!

I really can't believe the work you've done but for sure it's optimum optimization  ;)

So as I already said earlier you can make the movement buttons configurable, we will have a fully working, multi keypress gaming powerhouse!

Thanks Thanks Thanks again a million.

Maybe you should start a site where you post the emu's with all your helpful advice and a PayPal donation scheme included (hint hint)

Cheers

M Troni

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MTroni - I have updated PicoDrive to allow configuring of directional keys.

Parallax.

Edited by Parallax20

Guest MTroni

WOW!!!

Parallax, you are the man!

Now all games are fully working *WITH* multi keypress!

Now I know I might be pushing it, but would it be possible to do the same for PocketSNES?

On another note, I hope anyone here can answer my question because I was thinking: If the Genesis emulator can run games in full speed without sound, why would a SNES emulator not do the same? As the hardware of the two are virtually identical in CPU prowess (except that SNES maybe has a bit better graphics CPU) couldn't it well be possible that in the future SNES games will run just as smoothly as Genesis games on our beautiful smartphone devices?

Finally again all respect and admiration is due to you, Parallax for again modifying the version and tweaking it until it is the best emulator for Smartphone around (which actually is already the case I reckon).

Cheers mate!

M Troni

Guest Parallax20
WOW!!!

Parallax, you are the man!

Now all games are fully working *WITH* multi keypress!

Now I know I might be pushing it, but would it be possible to do the same for PocketSNES?

On another note, I hope anyone here can answer my question because I was thinking: If the Genesis emulator can run games in full speed without sound, why would a SNES emulator not do the same? As the hardware of the two are virtually identical in CPU prowess (except that SNES maybe has a bit better graphics CPU) couldn't it well be possible that in the future SNES games will run just as smoothly as Genesis games on our beautiful smartphone devices?

Finally again all respect and admiration is due to you, Parallax for again modifying the version and tweaking it until it is the best emulator for Smartphone around (which actually is already the case I reckon).

Cheers mate!

M Troni

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MTroni - I guess I forgot to mention this, but I did put the directional key config options back into PocketSNES. These are present in the latest exes.

Parallax.

Guest MTroni

Hey People / Hi Parralax

While saving a gamestate and loading again I encountered some errors, maybe as have been mentioned before in an earlier post:

Saved games load again fine once or twice, then they seem to get 'corrupted' i.e. you try to load and PicoDrive either quits back to OS or shows a corrupted, frozen screen with awkward colors.

Any ideas how this can be?

Thanks again for the keyconfig fix! it's really amazing to play all my fav games now in such a fast and cool way!

Cheers

M Troni

Guest Jamma14

I've just learnt to save state on picodrive, then quit. Only do one save and load per session and it is fine. Also, copy your save files somewhere else on the phone preiodically is a good idea, in case they become corrupted.

Jamma

Guest MTroni
I've just learnt to save state on picodrive, then quit. Only do one save and load per session and it is fine. Also, copy your save files somewhere else on the phone preiodically is a good idea, in case they become corrupted.

Jamma

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers Jamma thanks a lot, I will try it directly!

M Troni

Guest Parallax20
Cheers Jamma thanks a lot, I will try it directly!

M Troni

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think the files are actually corrupted but more likely the emu gets confused when saving/reloading multiple times during one session. If this happens, try reseting the ROM from the menu and then reload your saved game. Reseting the ROM re-initialises the emu and the game, this should then leave the emu in a clean state for game restores.

Parallax.

Guest Poolkv
Hi!!

I try to use PicoDrive on Motorola MPX200, it's run all games  try'ed, but i can't anderstand how to setup keys, i try but can't it's not work. Please HELP me.

And about PoketSNES, anybody try to ran any game, what game works?

p.s Please Sorry for my English, am not speak English.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How did you get it to work on your MPX-200 ??

Could someone please help me out.

I install the .exe and .dll but when i try to run the .exe it just wont start.

I get a error on my screen saying : Can't find 'PocketSNES' or one of it's components. Be sure that the path or filename are corrupt and that all required libraries are available.

Couls somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong or how i can fix it ?

Guest JesusDoesVegas

ok...using the newest version of pocketSNES (for low rez) i got lost vikings 2 working and this makes me so freaking happy it hurts. Im having a control problem though...

im using the smt5600 (not sure if it matters) Does this version of PocketSNES support the ability to press multiple buttons at the same time? This feature means the difference between a perfect program and something that isnt playable at all. Im new to smartphones, so im not even sure if this is possible (i know regular phones dont support this usually).

im using the latest version that is posted now for low rez screens.

Thanks Parallax!

Edited by JesusDoesVegas

Hi there

Im new on this forum

I tried pico, snes and GB but only GB works fine

I get a red screen with Pico and a black screen with snes

I have a SPV C600

thanks a lot

see you ;)

Guest Parallax20
ok...using the newest version of pocketSNES (for low rez) i got lost vikings 2 working and this makes me so freaking happy it hurts.  Im having a control problem though...

im using the smt5600 (not sure if it matters)  Does this version of PocketSNES support the ability to press multiple buttons at the same time?  This feature means the difference between a perfect program and something that isnt playable at all.  Im new to smartphones, so im not even sure if this is possible (i know regular phones dont support this usually). 

Thanks Parallax!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some users have reported multi-keypress problems on some phones using the joystick. So I guess you could redefine them to use the keypad and you won't have this problem as mentioned by MTroni.

I can't do much about it, its a hardware/OS design.

Is anyone still waiting on a MAME emu? Do you know if there's one floating around at the moment for smartphone? Cos if there isn't....there will be one soon..;-)

Parallax.

Guest kersley

Happy New year everybody!

Hey Parralax, i'm really happy you decided to work on the GBA to smartphone!!I'll be waiting like a hungry animal to try it!!!That would be really huge!!

Guest Parallax20
Happy New year everybody!

Hey Parralax, i'm really happy you decided to work on the GBA to smartphone!!I'll be waiting like a hungry animal to try it!!!That would be really huge!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Happy New Year to you too. ;)

Bad news mate, the GBA emu I plan on porting was way too slow on the smartphone do I've abandoned it for something else. An early test version ran poorly on smartphone, so you won't have been able to play on it anyhow. Sorry!

Parallax.

Guest MiG:uK
Is anyone still waiting on a MAME emu? Do you know if there's one floating around at the moment for smartphone? Cos if there isn't....there will be one soon..;-)

Parallax.

OMG dude if u pull this off i will absolutely die with excitment.

OMG METAL SLUG ON MY PHONE... :shock:

Guest mooman
I really can't believe the major effort and time you have invested in modifying these emus untill they finally work, not only for the new QVGA devices but also for the older devices like my old and extremely trusty C500!

I have one question left though: could it be possible to use anything other than the joystick directional keys in PicoDrive for movement?

As you know, the directional joystick blocks other key signals and thus impairs multikeypress, whereas if for example the number keys 2, 4, 5 and 6 are used for movement this is not the case.

So far I have not been able to find this option in PicoDrive, it might be my wrong but if this is not available yet, could you please take a moment of your time to enable it?

Thanks in advance,

M Troni

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm you can do multipresses with 2,4,5,6 with your c500? I cannot do this with my Qtek 8010 (htc typhoon), which should be the same phone as yours. Which combinations can you use?

Guest Jamma14
ok...using the newest version of pocketSNES (for low rez) i got lost vikings 2 working and this makes me so freaking happy it hurts.  Im having a control problem though...

im using the smt5600 (not sure if it matters)  Does this version of PocketSNES support the ability to press multiple buttons at the same time?  This feature means the difference between a perfect program and something that isnt playable at all.  Im new to smartphones, so im not even sure if this is possible (i know regular phones dont support this usually). 

Thanks Parallax!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It isn't a problem with the software, it is the fault of the smt5600's hardware. With other phones like the c550, multipress works fine. Have a try using the joystick and the * button at the same time, I think that one may work but not many presses will work at the same time with the typhoon hardware. :roll:

Guest Poolkv
Poolkv

I'm use Win2003 on MPX200, and its run OK.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really can't seem to get it to work.

I have the 2002 version.

Can you explain it in more details what i have to change or fix ?

Or could somebody else please tell me what the problem is ?

Guest Parallax20

Hi all,

OK I think I'm the first person to port MAMECE3 to the smartphone format, so I'm pretty proud of myself for this effort. I read the other post requesting a MAME emu since 2003, so its finally here and its using the latested MAMECE3 9.5 source code from Techmaster. I've trimmed the menus to leave only the main options needed to run the emu and games. Currently about 200+ games are enabled to run on this emu, this is to keep the exe to a manageable size. Its presently about 4.5mb. There is presently no landscape modes available, so if the game screen is larger than the device screen, the image will be clipped, most roms should be ok to play in portrait mode for now. Other than that, the games I did try I have to say they ran pretty well and looked good too.

A couple of pointers on running the emu itself.

1. If you are running the emu for the first time, I recommend you config your game keys first.

2. When presented with the OK notice at the start of a game, press left then right on the directional keys to "OK" the message to continue.

3. Further emu options are available in game by activating the UI Menu button. This will allow you to change the config keys for the emu or the running ROM.

4. Sound has been disabled for performance reasons. This was carried over from the original source. I did try to enable the sound once but it crashed the emu, so I've left it as it was for now.

5. There are no game load/save options, so its just like playing the real arcade! ;)

6. To get the complete list of games supported in this emu, enable the "Show All" menu options. This will bring up the full list of games currently activated, otherwise the list will be restricted to the ROMS you have installed.

7. Put all rom files in the same folder as the Exe or in a subfolder called "ROMS", these are two of the default search locations for the emu.

OK, thats all for now.

Have a play with it and let me know of your experiences with it.

Time to work on something else...hmmm...Everybody happy with SmartNES? I seem to be working my way through the list :D

Well, at least people can't say they don't have any decent emus for smartphone now! hehe.

As always enjoy!

Kien (Parallax)

Guest ninjaw

OH MY GOD ! good work it worked fine, game list do not refresh at all during session, and you cant quit the game list without launching a working game. Sometimes when trying desesperatly Metal Slug, I loose my menu keys i need to reboot the phone.

pc_capture1.jpgpc_capture2.jpgpc_capture3.jpgpc_capture4.jpgpc_capture5.jpg

Very few game works, the worst games actually, of course, Star wars was reported to work but i couldnt launch any version ? oh yeah because of course you need a specific version ... Paperboy, Metal Slug, Ghost N goblins .. do not work at all

So good job but 1942 sux lol is there a rom >100Ko that works ?

I found a list of working games on PPC, and ... there is less than 20....

Guest thrasher086

I noticed on PocketGnuboy if you put the option draw with GAPI then it runs perfectly. The only problem is the screen is cut off weird and sliced a bit. I am running it on WM 2003 on a I930. Anyway to fix the screen position?

Guest JesusDoesVegas

Is anyone able to get supermario RPG to work? its a game that wont require multi button input, and i want to relive the old days of sitting in front of that game for hours.

the ROM is only 4mb (if im not mistaken the limit is 5). When i try to load it, the screen goes black like its going to start the game, but then i get nothing. I can pause from the black screen to get to the program options.

btw - is the c550/c600 even available in the US? I cant find them at all