Smartphone Game Emulators for C550

Guest Parallax20

Guest Parallax20
I have MPx200,wm2003 and MAMECE works Great..the only thing is:

can you make a NON QVGA Version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MameCE works with Non QVGA phones too.... I haven't added any code to resize the image for either format. So for games that are larger than your screen res, the image will be clipped. This is the same for all phones including QVGA. When I get a chance, I'll look at shrinking the screens to fit.

Parallax.

Guest CiTaNuL
CiTuNaL - the only combo i have found to work is * and the D-pad.  Im using the smt 5600. 

This one did indeed work for me and helped me very much. Thanks!

Guest efishta
Did you try configuring the buttons and making the Menu a different button. I have a I930 which is very close to your phone and mine doesn't so that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried that - no matter what it is, pressing the menu button crashes the emulator back to the file explorer. Currently there is no way to save or restore a game on my phone.

Guest kersley
It's possible, I got a ppc with same screen/processor and the open source morphgear is doing GBA

No sound 50% speed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think that there may be a smartphone version of Morphgear hiding somewhere on the web?Even if it is not a freeware, i'm really interested!

Guest Parallax20
I tried that - no matter what it is, pressing the menu button crashes the emulator back to the file explorer. Currently there is no way to save or restore a game on my phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is quite bizarre, what phone are you using again? is it the mpx220? I made very simple changes that shouldn't affect its general working. Does the game start up but crash when you try to access the option key? Try clearing the registry entry at HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Apps\PocketSNES....restarting the emu will rebuild the entries.

Does anyone else experience the same problem?

Parallax.

Guest JesusDoesVegas

so i was rockin the picodrive today and i recieved a call. The phone freeked out and then restarted. I usually play games on my phone in the middle of the night, so this is the first time ive gotten a call while in game.

how do other peoples phones react to recieving a call durring game play? perhaps the program should be modified to pause when a call is recieved.

-parallax- i heart you. your emulators are giving me hours of retro fun and relived memories. I rediscovered my old favorites "Zombies ate my neighbors" and "toejam and Earl"

Edited by JesusDoesVegas

Guest James L

I got mame to work on the c550 but the only problem is trying to start the games when the black screen asks for the OK keys to be pressed. I can't get around that.

Any ideas!

Guest Pondrew
...I rediscovered my old favorites... "toejam and Earl"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent game! One of the many reasons the Sega Megadrive was an awesome machine ;)

More Details:

1)Play the game you want to Pc Version of Mame

2)go to folder Mame/CFG,there you will find a Config File with the name of the game

3)Copy File

4)Create a Folder "CFG" to Smartphone

5)Paste the file

6)Run Game (the "OK" screen is removed because the config file says that you have already answer "OK")

Guest farmski

i have all the origianal romsets for pc version emulators!!

mame, snes,nes, gamebor, seaga master and mega, etc!! shed loads of games!!

do i use these roms with these spv emulators??

how do i use them/install them??

im a novice so enlish would be helpfull!!

many thanks!

Guest farmski

is this correct!!

i have spv c550 ok!

program files/mame

in mame folder i have file mamece.exe and 2 folders

roms and CFG

i put the cfg file for pc version cfg floder in smartphone CFG folder,

and in the pmartphone roms folder i put the mame game zip folder!!

is that all i need to do, cos it doesnt work,

it

Guest farmski

cheers for those wise words!!

i was just asking for a little assistence, not some bulshit responce!!

i couldnt find how to use these emulators on here, and i was wondering what the file configuration was, not some lame excuse for your sence of humour!!

cheers anyway! atleast i got someones attention!! sadly though you have nothing of interest to say!!

so why say it?? dang!! some people!

Guest Parallax20
I got mame to work on the c550 but the only problem is trying to start the games when the black screen asks for the OK keys to be pressed. I can't get around that.

Any ideas!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

James L - If you actually read my earlier post you would know that when presented with the legal notice screen on start up, you press LEFT and then RIGHT on your joystick/directional keys to OK the screen and continue. By doing this you have acknowledged your acceptance of the terms and the relevant cfg file will be created in the CFG subdirectory for that game.

You do not need to run the ROMs first on your PC in order to create the cfg file as suggested by Spipis.

Parallax.

Guest farmski

right!!

got the memece working up to the ok screen,

left - right doesnt start it up!!

i have configured them to the joy stick and the keys as a d pad, but neither have worked!!

this is on the spv c550

has anyone else encountered this problem???

is this correct!!

i have spv c550 ok!

program files/mame

in mame folder i have file mamece.exe and 2 folders

roms and CFG

i put the cfg file for pc version cfg floder in smartphone CFG folder,

and in the pmartphone roms folder i put the mame game zip folder!!

is that all i need to do, cos it doesnt work,

it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need the specific cfg file of the game you want to play...so play first the game to mame Pc version....a file cfg will be created automatic..go copy it to your smartphone!

Guest farmski

yeh! i got the thing working now, was just that i was attempting to load some of the newer games!!

im stuck at the OK screen now, left/right to activate the ok doesnt work on mine, even with the normal keys selected being the d-pad,

anyone???? i have so many i want to play whist supposedly working!!

i have a cushy job!!!

Guest farmski

Parallax.

this doesnt actually work!!

even when you get the screen which says press any key! it doesnt let the game run|!!

the ok screen option doesnt ok when you press left and right eiher!

iv got all the games in the list and they none seem to work!!

help!!

have you tried it on a spv c550??

i think there may be a software conflict or summit!! i dont know