SPV 550c Rom version

Guest kjhoran

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :D

1. Look in Settings, About and scroll down to operator.

2. Latest Orange ROM is 4.2.1.4. Get it from the Orange website under Help & Support.

3. There is no legal way to upgrade the C500 to WM05 nor would it be sensible to do so - see other threads on this. Also please check forum rules on discussion of illegal software. :)

Moved to Typhoon section.

Guest davejerome
Welcome to the forum  :D

1. Look in Settings, About and scroll down to operator.

2. Latest Orange ROM is 4.2.1.4. Get it from the Orange website under Help & Support.

3. There is no legal way to upgrade the C500 to WM05 nor would it be sensible to do so - see other threads on this. Also please check forum rules on discussion of illegal software.  :)

Moved to Typhoon section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had a 550 since new and never updated the ROM, however my operator rom is 8.2.1.10.

That is surely newer than 4.2.1.4?

I have had a 550 since new and never updated the ROM, however my operator rom is 8.2.1.10.

That is surely newer than 4.2.1.4?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just go a 550 and operator rom is 8.2.1.10 while Microsoft is 4.21.15159.0.

Did not think there was an Orange update for the 550 yet?

Guest ElGato65
Just go  a 550 and operator rom is 8.2.1.10 while Microsoft is 4.21.15159.0.

Did not think there was an Orange update for the 550 yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure what Disco Stu was on, but not only did he move it to the wrong section initially, he seems to have answered a different question. He has provided information on the C500 NOT C550.

The C550 has operator rom ver 8.2.1.10, and there are currently no updates for it yet.

Edited by ElGato65

Guest Jamma14
I'm not sure what Disco Stu was on, but not only did he move it to the wrong section initially, he seems to have answered a different question. He has provided information on the C500 NOT C550.

The C550 has operator rom ver 8.2.1.10, and there are currently no updates for it yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Careful now, or you might get moderated! :) [-X

Guest Disco Stu

Disco Stu is very stressed from work right now but as he's off to Mexico for New Year he has retained his sense of humour.....if not his sanity :twisted:

I have also apologised to Karl by PM and will try to carry out my duties with more care in future.

I said 'try'.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

And as the C550 with 512MB SD and music kit is currently being sold off at £99, I doubt if there ever will be.

Guest RufusA
the Operator ROM version on my C550 is 8.21.1.11

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine is [also] 8.2.1.11 - (I presume your second number is a typo) and was supplied as a part of their "Music" package a couple of months ago.

Wonder what has changed between .10 and .11

Rufus.

Just noticed the replacement handset I received as a result of an in call volume problem is also .11. Maybe its this in combination with WMP 10.00.00.3802 that solved my music sync errors!!!!

damn i was positive it was firmware, can you post your phone detail

(settings, about) and how old is this phone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Windows Mobile 2003SE Version 4.21.1088 (Build 15159.2.6.4)

Rom versions

operator 8.2.1.11

manufacturer 1.0.1.18

microsoft 4.21.15159.0

Language 1.0.1.18

file system 4.21.15159.0

The phone is a replacement handset (which could be a refurb) that I have had for 3 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Peter32

i have a SPV c550:

Rom updat versions:

Operator: 8.2.3.8

Manufacturer: 1.0.3.13

Microsoft: 4.21.15159.0

Language: 1.0.3.13

this ones is mine, and im from holland.

Edited by Peter32

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to get this new version of firmware?

I have old version (8.2.1.10) and I cant use GPRS and MMS. I am very very angry!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has it ever worked for you? I have this problem, but it did work for a few months when I first got the phone. If I try to use Internet Explorer, it just says "alert The page you are looking for cannot be found" without even trying to connect. This affects all internet-based services on the phone.

I've spent ages with Orange CS going through all the settings manually and they're all fine. I've tried taking the battery out with it still turned on (I think he was getting desparate) and they've sent me SIM updates. Still no luck.

Today, I think they're going to tell me to try a hard reset, which I'm not too keen on. I also think it was the last time I had to hard reset the phone that started all this!

Guest Pondrew

Just got a C550 as free upgrade (on a very low spend account - hence not being able to get the C600 free)

Rom details as below:

post-2910-1140638122_thumb.jpg

It's the older rom :)

...and what's more is that it won't sync with Windows Media Player (previously suggested as a bug) failing after a short time and then not allowing any file installation or transfer until reboot :evil: