opionions on qtek 8310

Guest quickcheck

Guest quickcheck

hi all,

i am planning to get qtek 8310. from the device specification i find it really appealling.

What are the opinions of all qtek 8310 users regarding this device?

is the device stable?

functionality of the device good?

are you satisfied with the device?

etc.

with best wishes

Guest saldous

I've got the 8310 and love it. Perfect size, not crashed / hung once. Voice quality is excellent, battery life lasted 3 days recently too. Only problem is the manual is not in english and Qtek support seems a little lacking, but I knew that before buying and there are loads of helpful people here to cover your questions.

I've got the 8310 and love it. Perfect size, not crashed / hung once. Voice quality is excellent, battery life lasted 3 days recently too. Only problem is the manual is not in english and Qtek support seems a little lacking, but I knew that before buying and there are loads of helpful people here to cover your questions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the 8300 that is the same s***, diffrent looks. I must say that its the above all best cell i ever had!!! And i had ALOT! Buy, dont think twice and about christmas, just buy and you will never regreet it!

Yea Agreed. Have the 8310 and i adore it. Looks are sweet, Nice and fast. No hangs. Battery life is great.

Wifi, much improved cam etc.

Best WM Smartphone i have owned yet!

I would say go and get one

Guest Killian
Thank u all for your replies. hope i will get it soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't count on it, I ordered mine over a week ago from Phones2udirect but they are out of stock with no estimated delivery date............ even though they still have "IN STOCK" written on their website!!!!!

:)

Guest PhilDrysdale

I ordered mine from mobilefun.co.uk on tuesday and got it yesterday for anyone trying to get one (I had one on order from phones2udirect and before that mphone both stated it was instock until i ordered it whereupon i was informed it was out of stock - great!

Anyways, the phone is great, it's the first smartphone i've had I've always worked my way through the xda range. It's noticably a lot slower to navigate than a full PPC device, but I expected that with only a joystick/numerical keys to navigate and it has a substantially slower processor too. I've not had any hangs etc

There are a few niggles I have with the phone - but it's more with the operating system than the phone itself and I'm sure I'll figure out how to regedit my way around them (hopefully)

Don't count on it, I ordered mine over a week ago from Phones2udirect but they are out of stock with no estimated delivery date............ even though they still have "IN STOCK" written on their website!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Killian

I had a look at those, I'm considering changing it. I might order one off there aswell and send back whichever doesn't arrive first

mobile fun are offering it with an 18 month contract but I'm sure phones2udirect was only a 12 month. I'm just trying to consider if its worth the extra 6 months or not............. What do you think?

Guest PhilDrysdale
I had a look at those, I'm considering changing it. I might order one off there aswell and send back whichever doesn't arrive first

mobile fun are offering it with an 18 month contract but I'm sure phones2udirect was only a 12 month. I'm just trying to consider if its worth the extra 6 months or not............. What do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got mine simfree as I got a killer deal with vodafone in store and sold the free phone i got... I'd be very careful with sending back devices though - I was looking at mphones terms when i placed an order with them and they charge a 25% restocking fee if you send it back seemingly regardless of whether you have opened the box etc. (not sure that is strictly adhering to the consumer act but all the same I'd play it safe as for me simfree that would have been a £75 hit)

12 month is obviously more attractive than 18 months too - I hate being tied down to a phone for too long, as much as I love my new qtek 8310 i give myself about 6-8months before my need for a new toy strikes! How long of the 7-10 days are remaining, assuming you are several days into that period?

mobilefun seems to have it in stock right now.. that's true about the restocking fee, but if they've lied to you about stock, tell them you're not happy and won't pay the resocking fee. Send it back, and if they charge you the fee, charge it back on your credit card and threaten to report them to trading standards.

Tyically if they lie about stock they go on to lie about expected delivery time, so you can use that to get you're restocking fee back.

Anyway this will only be a real problem if both phones arive the same morning! otherwise if you cancel before the order has arrived i don't see how they can even attempt to charge you a restock fee, when the delay is on their part and not as quoted!

er... back to the original question...

I've had an SPV Classic, e200 & c500 so I can only compare the 8310 to them.

The WiFi is a killer feature, it makes you really feel sorry for those poor Orange C600 customers.

The OS is ok, the usual evolution rather than revolution sorts of improvements.

The phone looks good, feels good and works well

However .... it is the least responsive Smartphone I have owned. When pushing the buttons very often nothing happens. The keylights come on so you know you've pushed the button but you get no other response. You get used to it but it feels like its far too busy to serve you half the time.

looeee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest squaletto78

Hi, im from Italy and sorry, my english is not good.

I have the qtek 8310 and its very ok! Im selling my old nokia N70 and change it for the qtek. Im very happy this cellular phone is much better.

Display,t9, software and the velocity etc are grate. Only the camera for a 1,3mp is not good.

The nokia are better to shot photos...

Guest schriss
How about ROM upgrades from Qtek? Are they releasing them (or making public at all) as fast as I-Mate does?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK now I know Qtek does not make ROMs public, so we probably will not have other choice but to use I-Mate's ROMs.

I guess is a little late, but here are my opinions:

I'm coming from Nokia - Symbian world and I must say that this phone is far behind any Nokia or Sony Ericsson regarding phone functions. The one I miss most is the "Groups" that can have a distinctive ringtone or to which I can send mass SMS. Search is a little strange but you'll get used with it.

The keyboard light is up only for a few seconds - very annoing in the dark. The answer - reject buttons are very bad placed, ou have to look at the keyboard so that you don't press other button by mistake. The camera is horrific - my Nokia 6600 took better pictures. You will find that there are no softwares for this phone and the ones that work (because most of WME2003 don't work) are looking ugly because of the greater screen resolution.

The pros: The screen with an unseen quality (even if you can setup a screensaver that remains displayed on the screen)

WiFi if you can find a free hotspot and you want to read your mail on the phone

So, I'm looking to sell my Qtek and go back to Nokia maybe a N70

Guest schriss
The camera is horrific - my Nokia 6600 took better pictures.

and my Nokia 7650 took worse pictures. Not that i use it, I have Digital SLR camera for this. Actually, only few phones take "good" pictures, those with autofocus thing (SE K750i is one example, correct me if I'm wrong)

You will find that there are no softwares for this phone and the ones that work (because most of WME2003 don't work) are looking ugly because of the greater screen resolution.

I don't agree, many apps work just fine, in fact many of those which are better written take advantage of the bigger resolution automatically.

Those which doesn't, don't look "ugly", they just don't cover whole screen, but they work.

The pros: The screen with an unseen quality

Yes, and have you tried .NET VNC Viewer on this baby? That's what I bought this phone for!

WiFi if you can find a free hotspot and you want to read your mail on the phone

actually, wireless routers/cable modems are popular these days, having access to high speed internet on the phone while at home might be nice for some people. For example I'm using VNC on qtek to control my PC in other room, while I'm on the couch in front of TV 8)

So, I'm looking to sell my Qtek and go back to Nokia maybe a N70

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sticking with my Qtek8310, I'm happy with it :D

But since you already made up your mind - good luck with new phone ;)

Guest PPCPassion

I have used Orange C500, C550 and now Qtek 8310. It's a great phone. One thing that surprises me is the screen resolution. Orange C550 and Qtek 8310 bith are made by HTC and both has QVGA screen but for some reason Qtek 8310 screen looks slightly less sharper as compare to Orange C550. I have tried 2 difeerent Qteks but with the same results. Granted, the difference is only minimal but it definitely is there. Don't know if HTC decided to go with a different LCD mnfr or may be it's just me. But thought of sharing this very subjective observation with you all.