C600 on upgrade?

Guest jonf

Just upgraded too, they said £79 at first so i asked for a PAC code- she then passed me on (probably to the person sitting next to her) and they said i can have it for free!!

Guest penguin

just ordered mine too :), delivered either tomorrow or wednesday free of charge (was paying about £50 a month) changed my service plan too while i was at it :D

Guest Leaskovski
My contract cost £25 per month but i was spending around £30.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:evil: Well i don't like that. It sounds like you are in the same boat as me apart from your boat isn't called the Titanic!! Why the hell was i not offered a free upgrade???

I just rang again and offered it for me for £50 as I am still in contract for another 2 days. He confirmed if it would be free if I rang back on Thursday which not surprisingly I agrred to. It would be nice to have it before xmas but not £50 worth of nice.

I.m currently on a Vodaphone OVP tariff paying approx £35 pm. I'll be switching to 100x100 Direct Plan with 4mb Orange World thrown in for £20 a month.

I had actually persuaded myself to go with the Vario but the 18 month contract and £35 in the non promotional months has persuaded me to stick with Orange this time

Edited by GregB

Guest Imran_the_Binman

Hi all.

Following a call from (yes, "from", not "to") Orange on Friday, I took delivery of my c600 today.

On a contract which offers me 600 Xnet mins, 1000 Texts and insurance for £50/month. Kept my unlimited weekend/evening to Orange mobile/landline package too (for an extra tenner), so now will be paying £60.

Just thought I'd tell of my current (and unusual) happiness with Orange at the moment. In fact, my only gripe is that the promised bluetooth headset wasn't sent with the phone. Now, what was the number? 1...5...?

Cheers,

-Steve.

Guest generationgav
On a contract which offers me 600 Xnet mins, 1000 Texts and insurance for £50/month. 

Is this a 12month or 18month contract? This is a great deal and if I could get it then I'd definitly stay with Orange.

Steve,

Can you tell me how you got this deal please?

As when i upgraded today i was told i couldnt keep my weekend bundle as i was on a direct plan.

Also what is the plan that you are on as that seems really good. To good to be honest.

You sure your not on a premier plan which is as follows

600 x net mins

100 text messages,

Answer Phone, Orange Care

free weekend calls for 6 months

for £55 a month.

Louis

Edited by louisg

Guest Imran_the_Binman

Sure indeed I can explain how I came to be on this contract, which, by the way, is for 12 months.

An orange rep, Ian, I think his name is, was desperate to keep me on his books as I've stupidly been spending in excess of £250 per month for the last three consecutive months. To cut a long story short, I felt I was in a position to firmly request anything I could from Orange as I considered myself a "valuable" customer; one they wouold not want to lose.

Demanding the c600 and a very good deal (I even borrowed the famous Rory Breaker line from "Lock, Stock..." line: "In fact, you're going to have to work very hard just to convince me to stay with Orange". OK, so it's not identical, but the premise is the same. Ish.) the chap said that he couldn't implement any new retentions based contract until the sale/delivery of a new handset had gone through as well. This left me waiting for the day of the c600 release before I could switch to this new plan and still left me paying through my teeth for a mobile bill.

As a temporary measure, to cover the time between my inital complaint and the release of the new handset, I was placed onto the premier service plan and a text 360 bundle which kicked in mid-november. I was still paying £79 (£55 + £24 text bundle), per month but was prepared to do this for one, maybe two months whilst waiting until the new contract (dictated by the arrival of the new handset) was on offer.

When I was contaced on Friday, he was only too keen to get the handset to me and sort me out with bluetooth this, and free that etc, but with a similar deal to the Premier one but with an load of texts thrown in too. So, in terms of xnet mintues, service, answerphone, insurance etc, my contract is, for all intents and purposes, the premier plan. He just capitulated to my polite but firm request for 1000 free texts a month on top of it. On friday, as I asked him to go through the offer one final time before shipping the handset (which is lovely, by the way), I enquired as to whether or not it included the evening/weekend unlimited bundle. He replied in the negtive but informed me it would still be an extra £10 a month. Seems like a good deal to me, and one I want to keep, so I took it up. I was never aware that it might be common practice to make this mutually exclusive to a retentions based contract.

And there we are. New contract billing starts on Jan 15th. Hope this helps explain things. Any further questions, please let me know. Oh, and I have Ian's extention number at Orange if anyone's interested.

Cheers,

-Steve.

Edited by Imran_the_Binman

:evil: Well i don't like that.  It sounds like you are in the same boat as me apart from your boat isn't called the Titanic!!  Why the hell was i not offered a free upgrade???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got told £79 first so i said i would leave so she transfered me to some other girl and she said i could have it for free.

Guest iwilliams
Sure indeed I can explain how I came to be on this contract, which, by the way, is for 12 months.

An orange rep, Ian, I think his name is, was desperate to keep me on his books as I've stupidly been spending in excess of £250 per month for the last three consecutive months.  To cut a long story short, I felt I was in a position to firmly request anything I could from Orange as I considered myself a "valuable" customer; one they wouold not want to lose. 

Demanding the c600 and a very good deal (I even borrowed the famous Rory Breaker line from "Lock, Stock..." line:  "In fact, you're going to have to work very hard just to convince me to stay with Orange".  OK, so it's not identical, but the premise is the same.  Ish.) the chap said that he couldn't implement any new retentions based contract until the sale/delivery of a new handset had gone through as well.  This left me waiting for the day of the c600 release before I could switch to this new plan and still left me paying through my teeth for a mobile bill.

As a temporary measure, to cover the time between my inital complaint and the release of the new handset, I was placed onto the premier service plan and a text 360 bundle which kicked in mid-november.  I was still paying £79 (£55 + £24 text bundle), per month but was prepared to do this for one, maybe two months whilst waiting until the new contract (dictated by the arrival of the new handset) was on offer.

When I was contaced on Friday, he was only too keen to get the handset to me and sort me out with bluetooth this, and free that etc, but with a similar deal to the Premier one but with an load of texts thrown in too.  So, in terms of xnet mintues, service, answerphone, insurance etc, my contract is, for all intents and purposes, the premier plan.  He just capitulated to my polite but firm request for 1000 free texts a month on top of it.  On friday, as I asked him to go through the offer one final time before shipping the handset (which is lovely, by the way), I enquired as to whether or not it included the evening/weekend unlimited bundle.  He replied in the negtive but informed me it would still be an extra £10 a month.  Seems like a good deal to me, and one I want to keep, so I took it up.  I was never aware that it might be common practice to make this mutually exclusive to a retentions based contract.

And there we are.  New contract billing starts on Jan 15th.  Hope this helps explain things.  Any further questions, please let me know.  Oh, and I have Ian's extention number at Orange if anyone's interested.

Cheers,

-Steve.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You didnt need to wait for you new deal . I did the same thing but got the deal by asking for a phone any old phone. Get the deal and off you go. When you get the new handset send it back within 7 days and you then wait for the C600 but keep the deal going.

I have select 750 which is 750 mins xnet-anytime for £35 with free phone insurance on the new C600

Called up this morning said i could upgrade to c600, it was going to cost me £50 (im on £25 p/m contract) but i wouldnt get it before xmas. I've waited long enough for this handset so I'm just going to wait until the new year now and see if i can get a better deal once the dust has settled.

Just thought i'd let you guys know of my experiences!

Merry Christmas Peeps!

8)

Guest Monkhouse

Called this morning too (150>4>1).

Girl sounded like she'd had a few of these of late when I mentioned the C600!!

I'm on £25 / month contract, but generally total bill is £35-40. She told me it would be £29.99 to upgrade. Said I didn't want to pay a fee, so requested PAC code. Put through to retentions. Told girl #2 I wanted to avoid an upgrade fee and mentioned jumping to T-Mobile. She offered phone for free, on renewal of of 12 month contract. I accepted!

Also, was told that, regardless of what handset I upgraded to, I'd be losing my free texts in May. Hadn't heard of this before, but had always been surprised I still had them. I had 500 texts/month free as part of some deal I did years ago, but can't remember what that was now. In any case I don't mind as I don't text much. Was willing to let those go to get the C600 for nowt.

She said delivery likely around 4th Jan.

Happy with that.

Has anyone had their upgrade delivered yet?

The guy I spoke to in retentions was adamant it would be delivered on Monday (despite it being Saturday when I spoke to him) however it still hasn't turned up!

Guest GrahamMW
Has anyone had their upgrade delivered yet?

The guy I spoke to in retentions was adamant it would be delivered on Monday (despite it being Saturday when I spoke to him) however it still hasn't turned up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Turned up this moring, Active Sync all working BT to my laptop 8) Just need to work out why I can't select a Contacts category to sync

Guest incognitolad

I ordered mine on Saturday too and the guy said it would be Tues or Wed. You;d think Orange would be a bit more accurate with their delivery schedule.

What company do they use to deliver?

Just called 150>4>1 to be told that their computer systems are down and that they cannot process contract renewals/phone upgrades for the next few hours.

Bah, knew I should of called earlier b4 all the other modaco'ers brought orange's upgrade computers crashing to a halt!

:)

Guest Funster

Got mine today also on an upgrade :) Handset was free + free texts + free 5MB GPRS. Just gave them a bit of chat about O2 - Tmobile and their tariffs, did take a while but worth it in the end. Tried for a free bluetooth headset but they weren't having any of it.

Incidentally, is it me or is has the Action Engine Backup/Restore utility been removed? I was counting on that, typical.

Merry Christmas

Funster

Guest snowgoon

Upgrade Dept is back online.

Apparently the price of the upgrade depends on your usage. Mine is low, hence the £50 upgrade charge.

When I pointed out that I was on the second year of my 1 year contract, and that I could get the C600 FOR FREE on a LOWER tariff, if I disconnected and took a new contract with them, he just said... "well that's the system".

Talked to him for ages, useless. Basically they wanted me to pay £50 to keep my number. No point.

So I'm disconnecting. I have until 19th January to decide if I want the C600 or not. Or, more to the point, if I want to stay with Orange and be treated like a second class citizen.. again...

(and don't give me any flak that ALL providers do this. As I said to the bloke on the phone, I can get the same phone FOR FREE.. as a consumer I don't CARE what your business model and reasons are... only about what comes out of my pocket!! When will they learn this?)

Just got off the phone to the retentions dept, apparently there is nothing they can do about the £49.99 upgrade fee as its a new phone. No point in arguing - the lass was very keen to give me my pac code - so looks like im about to jump ship to O2 and get a MDA mini S

Thanks orange customer service to help me make up my mind!

Guest benwatt

I phoned Orange Upgrades yesterday to upgrade from my C500. As I only ever work out at about £20-25 a month they said it would cost £79.99. Decided I'd had my C500 long enough and that I might as well go for it.

It turned up this evening around 8pm, but the invoice with it says the phone cost precisely nothing. Very odd, don't know if this is a mistake on Orange's part or if they took pity once I hung up seeing as its Christmas :)