PocketSNES

Guest wabawaba

Guest wabawaba

IN NO WAY should i get the credit for this version of PocketSNES. This build was made by a guy named Hao Zhang, and all the credit should go to him (i dont even know how to reach him).

OKay guys, I found this on a chinese forum i visit regularly. I think Hao took the source of SNES9x and not the existing PocketSNES one. BUt i really have no clue

IT supports TONS of games (seriously, it blew me away). I can play Chrono Trigger, and FF3, and tons more now!!!![btw, if im not allowed to say the name of a game (cause it refers to roms), please just let me know, ill be glad to erase it.]

Also ive noticed a slight speed increase. (i can play acceptably on frame skip 1 on some games whereas before i needed frameskip 3 or 4.)

You can PM me and ask if a certain game works, and i'll pm u back, but im not allowed to announce it Here.

But other than that, enjoy, and have a great time playing some timeless classics :D

The .dll file in the rar archive is for the new file explorer implemented :)

Pocket_SNES_1.47.rar

Edited by wabawaba

Guest wabawaba

this version is not for QVGA screens. but is an update on spacemonkey's originals. AND NO, its not that buggy. Does paralexes allow you to play as many diff games as this?

Also, there is a new version now.

(WHEN USING, make sure yuo have tgetfile.dll in the same folder as PocketSNES. ok?)

btw. on the attachments names, dont mind the _4_ and _3_.... i just have so many versions on my desktops lol.

PocketSNES_4_.rar

tgetfile_3_.rar

Guest efishta
this version is not for QVGA screens. but is an update on spacemonkey's originals. AND NO, its not that buggy. Does paralexes allow you to play as many diff games as this?

Also, there is a new version now.

(WHEN USING, make sure yuo have tgetfile.dll in the same folder as PocketSNES. ok?)

btw. on the attachments names, dont mind the _4_ and _3_.... i just have so many versions on my desktops lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First this is very cool, it runs both Chrono Trigger and FF III (FFVI Japan), and i've only tested these two so far, as they were on top of my list. Also, Super Mario RPG does not work.

One thing I did notice was that the screen refreshes in a strange, choppy way, that's different than spacemonkey's port. Spacemonkey's refreshes/updates all at once, though it is still choppy because it isn't full speed, but this one updates or refreshes the screen partially and it seems like the screen is being torn in two halves when it updates. Probably just crappy screen drawing code, would be nice to have the source code to this available.

Guest mustaine

I had the same freezing problem with my mpx220. i had the emu and the roms on the storage card, i moved all the files to the phone memory and it runs fine now . hope it helps! ;)

Guest CiTaNuL

Awesome because this one uses the 1.43 Version and does (unlike paralaxes) also work on non-QVGA smartphones. If we could only merge this with the other new features of the Paralax version now everything would be perfect (for me that is) ;)

Guest efishta
Awesome because this one uses the 1.43 Version and does (unlike paralaxes) also work on non-QVGA smartphones. If we could only merge this with the other new features of the Paralax version now everything would be perfect (for me that is) ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly what I wish would happen. However, Parallax has not released the source code to his PocketSNES updates, nor is this current release of the 1.43 core that works with non-QVGA phones available with source code either (it may, but the guy that posted it here said he got it from some chinese forum)

Parallax's version runs games more smoothly and if it could be made to work with the non-QVGA phones, it would be perfect for me too.

Guest diablist
For some reason, this app won't work on my MPx220. When I start it up, I see the screen with the PocketSNES logo, but when i press menu, it freezes.

Try to change Video->Landscape Left or Right

Guest diablist

Very good work!!!!

I'm use mpx220 and all games i try is running. And its almoust gameble.

wabawaba

Try to litle boost emulator. In Parallax Emul on new version good functionary with exit. In you emul i exit only with home button, its not very good.

Sorry for my English i do not speak English.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guyz,

I own an MPX200 and I can't manage to run the pocketsnes.exe from my storage card although the tgetfile.dll is properly placed in the same folder.

I get a message like can't find PocketSnes or its components, check the name of the file and libraries.

N E 1' s got a clue? ? ?

:-s

I can't wait to play ...

Thx for your work.

=D>

Guest chaderbox

where did my questions go? i was aksing one and now it's not here.

what the???

anyway, i can't open anything, i go to "load r0m" and nothing happens.

any ideas? and yes i have the r0m$ in the same folder.

ok, now they are there again. wtf

Edited by chaderbox

• 2 weeks later...
Guest masterall
good work, I am chinese man, can you tell me where are you find it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the forum is www.ioicn.com.cn

the newest version 1.51 has a huge speed improvement

Guest masterall
Sounds good - can someone post it here?

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

version 1.51 has a assembly 65C816 core, support both 220x176 and qvga SP and PPC. It support multipart rom, ziped rom. Turn on the smooth stretch option will make the text in rpg game much better visible. Set frameskip to 4 to get a almost full speed with sound off.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

PocketSNES.rar

Guest Smartastic

wow great, i was just looking for this..

great you added zipped roms, that is i guess one of the best functions since it save you a lot of space (so you can add more games :)

do you think sound is possible or works with some roms like picodrive ?

and is there also a gba port for smartphones (the one you made) ?

Guest Smartastic

Can you also upload Pocketnesterplus and the gba emulator, i cant understand the chinese website, i dont even have a chinese font on my computer so i only see ????????

thx.