C550 £99.99!

Guest cfsnatch

Guest cfsnatch
Is this the full music package including the headphone and hifi cables?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, from the Orange site the description is of the "Music Bundle" package:

"A fantastic Music device with dedicated music buttons and a 512 Meg storage card, that can hold 500+ music tracks.You can even plug the C550 into your stereo or TV!"

Bollox! Just paid £129.99 5 days ago!

:)

BS...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phone them up and ask. If bought online you can return within 7 days under the Distance Selling Regs, then buy a replacement for £99.99. It may be easier for them just to refund you the £30 over the phone. Nothing ventured......

Rufus.

Guest Brownstone

I tried ringing the Orange shop I bought mine from over lunch, but they did not answer. Gonna try again at 5pm when I finish work. I'll not ask for a cash refund as shops hate giving away cash, but I'll ask for a Bluetooth hands-free kit instead.

Fingers crossed,

BS...

Guest Superslimjimmy

I bought mine for £130 plus £10 shipping to the US off ebay which i thought was a good deal considering that the smt5600 are going for about the same price. I'm sure you could get even more if you bought one and sold it on ebay.

Edited by Superslimjimmy

I guess Orange selling this at under £100 with a 512MB card means they are dumping their inventory. So this means we'll never see any bug fixes or ROM updates for this phone :)

Edited by Metoo

You need to be carful with this. I just upgraded my old SPV to a C550 'cause they said it was free and would come with the 512MB card. When I got it home ... no card. So I went back into complain, but they said that the 512MB came with "the other" package which I didn't qualify for.

Guest mini_man

Thats y ordered mine over the phone i constantly checked i wasa getting the music hero package as i didnt want to miss out on the incredible deal which is even more incredible now. Hmm hotmail beta's gone down so i cant check to see if i have a reply from orange :@

Well the web site quite clearly says "A fantastic Music device with dedicated music buttons and a 512 Meg storage card" (even though the package contents panel doesn't mention it). So AFAICS that's what you've every right to insist on. If not, you're covered by the 14 day return policy, and DSR, anyway.

Guest mini_man

I no its ridiculous isnt it. The orange woman on the phone sed that alot of people arent sure what there ordering but then its too late to do anything about it, but i read somewhere that Standard Package is from online an instore and Music Hero package is on the phone. Which the number was no where to be seen so i had to call orange and ask for it.

Guest Ish07930
Phone them up and ask. If bought online you can return within 7 days under the Distance Selling Regs, then buy a replacement for £99.99. It may be easier for them just to refund you the £30 over the phone. Nothing ventured......

Rufus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which bit of the distance selling regs applies?

i'm going to ring them up so want to have something i can use against them!

which bit of the distance selling regs applies?

i'm going to ring them up so want to have something i can use against them!

TBH the DSR give you 7 days to inspect goods. However Orange's own T&Cs are better ammo as they give you 14 days to return for a refund:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/terms#mbg_14d

Phone them up, mention you've noticed they've reduced the price, and is your only option to get the reduced price to return your existing handset (under the 14 day money back guarantee) and order an identical one? Hopefully if you have a CS with an ounce of sense they should be able to weave some magic to save themselves being lumbered with a used handset

Rufus.

Guest Ish07930
TBH the DSR give you 7 days to inspect goods. However Orange's own T&Cs are better ammo as they give you 14 days to return for a refund:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/terms#mbg_14d

Phone them up, mention you've noticed they've reduced the price, and is your only option to get the reduced price to return your existing handset (under the 14 day money back guarantee) and order an identical one? Hopefully if you have a CS with an ounce of sense they should be able to weave some magic to save themselves being lumbered with a used handset

Rufus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just rang the returns number above. you give them your imei + phone number and they send you out a prepaid returns bag. you then send the phone back and they will credit you. you can then reorder.

I couldn't persuade them into a £30 refund though :)

As my c550 is my only mobile and I can't be without a mobile due to family reasons so i'm just going to have to accept a £30 loss :cry:

just rang the returns number above. you give them your imei + phone number and they send you out a prepaid returns bag. you then send the phone back and they will credit you. you can then reorder.

I couldn't persuade them into a £30 refund though  :)

As my c550 is my only mobile and I can't be without a mobile due to family reasons so i'm just going to have to accept a £30 loss  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As the refund is a given under Orange's own 14 day policy, as well as DSR, what's stopping you ordering a 99 one now? At the end of the day, you have the option of returning either, or even both, for full refunds.

Edited by Metoo

Guest agent.m

Well i almost payed £160+ on Ebay for one :oops: but well my bid got cancelled.

Anyways does the C550 have a joystick fault??? Im thinking of getting one cause my SDA joystick has had it. But if the C550 has one I wont bother.

Guest mini_man

Hey just called orange, told them that it was really stupid what was going on and how they should have done this deal a few weeks ago instead of a few days before christmas where deliverys wont even get there in time. But the final answer is that u have to return the phone guys grrrr