MDA Compact II = CubeFriendly (TM)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

My MDA Compact II arrived this morning, cool!

Aside from doing the usual hard-reset-abort-extended-rom-install, I also was brave enough to try the sugar cube trick to remove the logos.

Glad I did, it worked a treat with no damage.

Result ;)

The grey looks very cool and smooth without logos...

P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dave106

Done! Even sorted out the branding now on the intellipad and dialpad and it still works with smartdialling so just leaves the splash screen to shift. Though thats rarely seen so no hurry!

Guest dave106
How did you do the intellipad and intellidialer skins?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need some dlls and jpgs out of an unbranded wm5 rom and also delete a few registry entries regarding the location of dialer graphics so it reverts to the normal set but still keeps smartdialling active.

Guest brykins
You need some dlls and jpgs out of an unbranded wm5 rom and also delete a few registry entries regarding the location of dialer graphics so it reverts to the normal set but still keeps smartdialling active.

Care to write up a "how to" with some pointers on where to get the relevant files? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Guest brykins
No sharing of copyrighted material though please folks.

Sorry - didn't occur to me that the files from the unbranded rom may be copyrighted. Please ignore my request for a how to or anything else....sure I can live with a pinkish and grey dial screen.

• 1 month later...

I found a little program called zphone skin that comes from here:

Zombienexus

With this you can change the colors of the dialpad easily...they do some skin packs too.

fUNKUS

Edited by fUNKUS