sound through bluetooth headset

Guest hey_tim

Guest hey_tim

just connected my Scala 500 bt headset to my 550 and it works great but I'm a bit confused by the sound settings on the phone.

When I first paired them media player and tomtom sound came through the headset whenecer it was connected. Having had to reboot the phone the sound is now coming from the phone again.

Have I missed a setting somewhere? Any advice greatly apperciated!

Tim.

Guest hey_tim
You need to bond the headset everytime you start it or the phone up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi. Not sure exactly what you mean by 'bond'? I tried uninstalling the headset and re-installing again but that hasn't helped. What I have just discovered it that if i have music playing and press the headset button for voice dial the sound is transferred to the headset. If I don't speak the phone gives a 'not recognised' alert and transfers sound back to the main speaker...

Guest mini_man

Bonding. Hold down the home button, click on bluetooth setup, click on bluetooth, scroll to discoverable, click on menu, click on devices, click on new, follow the options to pair it, then if your still in the devices screen scroll to it, click menu, and then select set as handsfree. This is called bonding or pairing samething different name!

Guest hey_tim
Bonding. Hold down the home button, click on bluetooth setup, click on bluetooth, scroll to discoverable, click on menu, click on devices, click on new, follow the options to pair it, then if your still in the devices screen scroll to it, click menu, and then select set as handsfree. This is called bonding or pairing samething different name!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok I've done this but the audio still only comes through to the phone when I initiate a call ;)

Guest hey_tim
2 ideas, set the profile to headset, and maybe try bluetunes, search it into this forum, it allows music through the headset but may channel audio there 2?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks mini_man, I've installed bluetunes and can now get the sound running through the headset. Just bugs me that I can't explain why it was working ok originally and now needs additional software to do the same thing :?: