TCPMP on the media buttons

Guest sSword

Guest RufusA

Just gave it a quick test, and it didn't work on my C550 and caused my phone to get stuck in a loop when it couldn't find player.exe after pressing Play.

To be fair to gpcarreon I'm still using Betaplayer so have it in a different sub-dir on my storage card.

For those who want to use the media button (or other buttons) to launch anything the solution as discovered by gpcarreon appears to be as follows:

1) Install Copyfiles - downloadable from http://www.mossywell.com/downloads/#CopyFiles

This utility provides the means to copy a file from a Mossywell sub-dir to one in the Windows subdirectory so it doesn't get overwritten each boot of the phone.

2) Locate the lnk file in the Windows directory that releates to the button you want to replace i.e. for the Orange music player the link is called MusicPlayer.lnk

3) Create a shortcut link in the Mossywell sub-dir with the same name i.e. Open File Manager, browse the the exe file you want to link to. i.e. /Storage Card/Program Files/Beta Player/player.exe and select Menu-File-Create Shortcut. The shortcut should be created in /Storage/Program Files/Mossywell/Copy Files assuming that's where you've installed it.

4) Locate the new shortcut and rename it to match the one you wish to replace. i.e. rename player.lnk to MusicPlayer.lnk

5) Reboot phone.

And then within betaplayer or whatever, remap the keys to the application (i.e. Play/Pause etc.)

Thanks/Respect to gpcarreon for finding the solution (I was still stuck investigating the registry) and providing easy to use Cab files.

HTH - Rufus.

Guest blackparagon

Sorry, but this doesn’t work for me. Followed instructions to the letter and rebooted. I’m running the right cab file and rebooting the phone when prompted, but the media button still brings up the awful orange player. Using a C550, latest version of tcpmp, I have copy files installed (on the phone)

Guest melfyn

I had the same problem. Thought my phone was fully unlocked. I folllowed his tip and used his SDA unlocker and it worked straight away. TCPMP on my media buttons. EXCELLENT!!!!!