NEW Qtek 8310 ROM in february

Guest tha_neo

Guest tha_neo

Some new features in the new ROM from Qtek to their Qtek8310 is A2DP and Push To Mail function ;)

It will be realeased in the begining of february. Sooo soon my friends:DD

This info came from our truley member 'namiran' who spoke to Qtek last week:)

Edited by tha_neo

Guest tha_neo

A2DP means that you can listen to music in stereoheadset by bluetooth. Thats some nice s***;)

Vårt lov är fram till den 20 januari tror jag:P

What does A2DP mean?

Namiran, lovet är väl slut nu eller?:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, can't wait for the update .. hope it has some bugfixes also, the phone is quite buggy from time to time ..

(Mitt lov är slut för länge sen :D .. men mitt sommarlov börjar redan i april . .suckers ! ;) :D )

/Eminos

Guest namiran
Hmm, can't wait for the update .. hope it has some bugfixes also, the phone is quite buggy from time to time ..

(Mitt lov är slut för länge sen :D .. men mitt sommarlov börjar redan i april . .suckers ! :D :D )

/Eminos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what kind of bugs do you get? im actually surprised that the phone is so bug-free as it is despite having a new OS ;)

well...hell...det är inte förns april o vi njuter nu :D

Hmmm .. let me try to remember some of the bugs:

1. There is one major bug when the phone rings, and if it was keylocked before that. I think it has something to do with "contacts" getting "stuck" or something .. can't remember .. and I can't reproduce the bug either coz I don't have any credit on my card (can't receive calls).

2. The sound stops working TOTALY sometimes. For me it happend a couple of times while playing Doom on the phone (I think). But I've heard other stories as well.

The problem is that you can't hear if someone calls you, or if the alarm goes off. So it's a major bug.

3. I had some bugs regarding the screen getting stuck. Some pictures that wont go away off the screen.

4. The startmenu not showing up is an other bug that I've experienced a couple of times. (I think it happends if you try to bring up the startmenu TOO fast after boot, not sure though)

/Eminos

Guest sveintore

2. The sound stops working TOTALY sometimes. For me it happend a couple of times while playing Doom on the phone (I think). But I've heard other stories as well.

The problem is that you can't hear if someone calls you, or if the alarm goes off. So it's a major bug.

Finally someone other than me with this problem.

My calls always drop with the newer sp5 ROM. It was as bad with the factory one. It will have full signal, the sound will go dead, then 30 sec later, make the hangup beeps. Also, sometimes the sound will be messed up and the ringers will play faster than they normally should or softer.

Guest lvfranz

I have found another bug: if there's an unread sms or an missed call the voice command doesn't work.

If you read the message or view the missed call the voice command restart to function.

Guest Nubbing
wat about the qtek 8300???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh, what he said.

Although I like the look of my Qtek 8300, those music buttons are blooming useless... they look cool though.

Guest tamanaco

Another bug report.

The Qtek 8310 only queries the first IP address (DNS 1) send by the DHCP server to resolve names. If the first Domain Name Server is down or if the first DNS IP sent by the DHCP server is invalid , your Qtek will not resolve names. The Qtek 8310 does not query any subsequent DNS servers (DNS 2, DNS 3 etc) send by the DHCP server. So, if you have a wireless network connection and you are unable to connect to any hosts by name, try using the IP address of the host.

Guest namiran

1. There is one major bug when the phone rings, and if it was keylocked before that. I think it has something to do with "contacts" getting "stuck" or something .. can't remember .. and I can't reproduce the bug either coz I don't have any credit on my card (can't receive calls).

3. I had some bugs regarding the screen getting stuck. Some pictures that wont go away off the screen.

4. The startmenu not showing up is an other bug that I've experienced a couple of times. (I think it happends if you try to bring up the startmenu TOO fast after boot, not sure though)

/Eminos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW, i actually think the start menu bug is the only one i've got! Maybe cuz i dont play alot of games on my phone... i do have some bugs on my phone but there not at all that serious as in your nr 3.

What i feel really disturbing, maybe not a bug, but not being able to shut down taskmanager and that other taskmanager programs dont function as well as they used too...=/

Guest MitchellO
Yeh, what he said.

Although I like the look of my Qtek 8300, those music buttons are blooming useless... they look cool though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I read a review ofthe SP5m (same as the 8300), and they said the buttons when pressed would bring the media player forward. When this happens they become superfluous as the dpad does the same functions.

A ROM update could make these work in the background, and actually make them useful.

I would have gotten the SP5m, but the SP5 was the easiest, quickest and cheapest so I got that. The SP5m doesn't have anything going for it above the SP5. I think the SP5 looks better anyway (just a personal pref ;))

Guest chaznet

How do you get the ROM update for the 8310? I can't seem to locate a QTEK web site -- iMate seems to be better as far as support for your phone once you have it. I have the SP5m and can easily get updates at their website. I directed a friend to purchase the QTEK 8310, but can't seem to locate info on getting updates or support for it...?

That's becoze there is no update files for the 8300/8310 yet. As soon as it comes out (on qtek.nu I guess), the update files will be all over the net and forums.

/Eminos

Guest jm012a9749

Another bug.....

When i have got a headset plugged into my 8310 and its playin music, if i recieve a text the music also comes out of the loudspeaker as well as the earphones :shock: has anybody else had this problem???

Where can you download Qtek 8310 firmware anyway? Are they going to screw us by telling us that the firmware that the firmware will only come with new phones bought after Feburary?

Guest roma0803

Well, lucky me than. I haven't experienced one of the mentioned bugs yet though I use my phone an awfull lot.

Yeh, what he said.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree. I modified the buttons so they handle TCPMP player and since I use my phone as a MP3 player too I do use these buttons a lot.

Guest Buzz313th
I flashed mine with the imate SP5 rom instead, works quite well so far.

Imate seems to be alot quicker at releasing updates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How and where did you get the imate sp5 updated rom?

Also, I am quite disturbed that I cannot get the Rom Updates for the Qtek 8310 which I purchased from expansys.

Expansys will not support it, Qtek in Germany tells me to talk to the people I bought it from, Imate won't help because I have a Qtek, and I can't log into the Qtek.nu site because it won't accept my serial for my 8310 because I didn't buy it from em. All this, and the damn phone is made by HTC who never answers the phone in Texas. In my opinion the lack of support from Qtek is unacceptable. There is no reason I should go through this to get a fricken rom update.

Guest roma0803
How and where did you get the imate sp5 updated rom?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forums Buzz313th.

I can reassure you there's no updated ROM yet from i-mate for their smartphones.

Edited by roma0803