Guest Jamma14

Guest Jamma14

[1512]Xp.gif

File Name :: Xp (c550)

Author :: Jamma14

Category :: Smartphone Homescreens QVGA

Description ::

EDIT: Now in version 2.

With Calendar, Smartmonitor, RJTime plugins and sms and missed calls popups.

Yo again peeps!

Finally managed to fix a bug to make this beta releaseworthy!

Tis like the Mac one, only with an XP style and XP shortcuts.

I've uploaded it now as work on it will be temporarily halted for a week or two and it'll encourage me to start back on it again! ;)

This one took a lot of effort too so I enjoy hearing your feedback and suggestions!

Currently it is just a zip so just extract the zip to the good old storage\application data\home.

I'll prob do ya an .hme when it's final.

O and I'll put together an animated gif when I can be bothered as well. :D

James

Updated Mon, Jan 30 2006 3:24 pm

View File

Guest Jamma14

To everyone who has downloaded so far...

just realised in fixing one bug i created another - try going to the solitaire column and then press up. :roll:

Jamma

EDIT: Okay the update fixing that is up! I recommend you redownload! ;)

Edited by Jamma14

Hey!

Installed it and looks great... but am i missing something? It is just a static homescreen without any interactivity on my SDA II

Is it supposed to be just a static background? Is it not designed for the SDA?

HELP!! It looks really good but it doesnt do anythin!

Guest Jamma14
Hey!

Installed it and looks great... but am i missing something? It is just a static homescreen without any interactivity on my SDA II

Is it supposed to be just a static background? Is it not designed for the SDA?

HELP!! It looks really good but it doesnt do anythin!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry XNUK, only for c550s at the mo, hence the Xp (c550) in the title. ;) :D

Wud've been for c600s too had the fudging bassers at orange not taken the plugin out the rom. :evil:

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Jamma14

There is a thread about it HERE. If you have an orange phone you might be able to copy the .dll across to your sda and register it on your phone using rgsrvce.exe (comes with the smartphone sdk) or a .cab file or something. I haven't tried it myself, but probably will have a mess around to try and get it working when I upgrade.

If you haven't got a phone with the file on it then I don't think there is anyway you can legally even attempt this (and it prob won't work anyway) short of pestering orange to release the plugin for all. ;)

James

Guest Jamma14
OOooh yeah well I do have my old c500, but not sure what or how I register it on my phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really not sure how it works either, and don't get your hopes up, but I think if you copy 4orangeh.dll from the windows folder to somewhere in storage on your new phone, and the use this exe on your phone and point it to the location of the .dll.

Then it *might* register it and it *might* work. Another thing I thought of is creating a .cab to install it but that'd involve a lot of messing around with an .inf file and it's not worth the bother.

Let me know if you manage to get it working.

And I'll be sure to let everyone know if I ever find a sol'n in the future.

James

EDIT: To add the file ;)

regsvrce.rar

Edited by Jamma14

Really not sure how it works either, and don't get your hopes up, but I think if you copy 4orangeh.dll from the windows folder to somewhere in storage on your new phone, and the use this exe on your phone and point it to the location of the .dll.

Then it *might* register it and it *might* work. Another thing I thought of is creating a .cab to install it but that'd involve a lot of messing around with an .inf file and it's not worth the bother.

Let me know if you manage to get it working.

And I'll be sure to let everyone know if I ever find a sol'n in the future.

James

EDIT: To add the file  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well followed the instructions and it claims to have succesfully registered the file, but no effect on your homescreen :D

I want to cry now :D

I think im going to send my SDA II back and get something else... Maybe an MDA compact..

Guest Jamma14
Well followed the instructions and it claims to have succesfully registered the file, but no effect on your homescreen :D

I want to cry now :D

I think im going to send my SDA II back and get something else... Maybe an MDA compact..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aww don't cry ;)

Have you tried refreshing the homescreen too? Switching to something else then switching back?

James

PS. There might be some other registry keys you'll need to enter or edit, or it might only work if it is placed in the windows folder but then it would be deleted after reboot...

or maybe it just won't work for some other stupid reason...what a pity. :D

Edited by Jamma14

Well hey hey!

Guess what?

If been playing about and managed to get it working to a degree.

By placing the orange dll file in storage card\application data\home\ and then registering it with the reg serv application!

The homescreen is now perfectly usable accept my computer and notepad bring up a "error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename" when they are clicked on.

Do you know why this is?

But I guess it finally proves that orange homescreens can be used on non orange devices!

If you can fix this link problem you will be able to use this homescreen on almost any device i guess!

Cant wait for version 2 ;)

Guest mini_man

dw its not your phone, ive got the spv c550 with an orange rom, and i get this too i think its just an incorrect link or a program we havnt installed so its just querying "where is this program im looking for??"

wow i didnt think it were possible to do this with the orange plugin!

Guest Jamma14

Wahey! You read it here people!

The orange plugin installed on a non orange device!

Congrats XNUK. ;)

As for the shortcuts not working, open the .xml in a text editor and change the links to the location of your preffered file explorer and notepad.

Then replace it in the home folder, refresh the homescreen and all should be well.

I'm really pleased you got it working! I can upgrade now! :D

I have created a topic here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=235236

for a guide to putting a homescreen using the orange plugin on to a non orange device.

Hope that helps any of you guys out there who want to install this amazing homescreen!

I really cant wait for the v.2 of this screen, and I hope now that non-orange devices can install it to it becomes one of if not the best homescreen available for a windows mobile device!

How about adding the startup/shutdown sounds to it?

Only gripe I have right now is that I cant see the status of my phone IE messages, vibrate, signal strenth.

Im no programmer, but can you not simply move these to an area in the bottom of the screen? perhapps in an icon-style?

Looking forward very much to the next revision!

Guest Jamma14

Don't worry I'll include message, signal etc all in the next release, as for startup and shutdown stuff, probs not in the next one but maybe after I'm happy with the basic homescreen. I'd also like to update the mac one with startup and shutdown screens.

Ps. Exams are over in a week or so, so work will begin on this again.

Jamma

Edited by Jamma14

Guest PPCPassion
Don't worry I'll include message, signal etc all in the next release, as for startup and shutdown stuff, probs not in the next one but maybe after I'm happy with the basic homescreen. I'd also like to update the mac one with startup and shutdown screens.

Ps. Exams are over in a week or so, so work will begin on this again.

Jamma

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any updates Jamma?

Can't wait to see the next version :)

Guest Jamma14

Lol okay I've rushed to get this out now because I'm away over the weekend.

WM5 users - I'll get you an .xml when I get back, and fix any problems.

I'll do an anim gif when I get back too.

Also at the moment you have to edit XPtime.bmp to put in a photo of yourself and your name to have in the owner bit, but I hope that's not too tricky (you could do it in paint).

Let me hear all your opinions, comments, suggestions etc so I'll have lot's of stuff to read on sunday night. :)

James

Ps. Here's hoping the rushed cab works properly! :D

Guest fearomoon

exactly what i needed ;-) works perfectly on my wm5 device ;-)

just a few corrections...

1) problems with font in owner bit (color fades from blue to white, last letter of "your name" not visible)

2) position of month and year ist incorrect, must be little more to the right

3) the popup for sms/calls is imho a little bit too small

4) maybe it's better to put cursor focus on "my computer", not on "start"after activating homescreen

really good work james ;-)

what about implementing a skin for xbar3?

Guest PPCPassion
exactly what i needed ;-) works perfectly on my wm5 device ;-)

just a few corrections...

1) problems with font in owner bit (color fades from blue to white, last letter of "your name" not visible)

2) position of month and year ist incorrect, must be little more to the right

3) the popup for sms/calls is imho a little bit too small

4) maybe it's better to put cursor focus on "my computer", not on "start"after activating homescreen

really good work james ;-)

what about implementing a skin for xbar3?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with fearomoon as I found the similar little issues on my WM5 "Non Orange" device i.e. QTEK 8310 :D

I would also like to add that may be clock ring for RJ Time should not be pre-drawn on xptime.bmp file. I think it's much easier to tweak RJ time clock by just adding drawring="yes" and pick the fgcolor of your choice. Other than that It looks very nice. And by the way, many THANKS for making the cab file installable on the storage card :)

Excellent work!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.