£99.99 c550 is out of stock now

Guest trimy

Guest commonpersonjustlykeverybody

haven't you guys noticed anything?

the c600 just came out and the c550 is sold out on payg. well they try to dispose first the c550 before introducing the c600.

would you think that people are going to buy the c550 if the c600 is already available? you can't sell both of the smartphone together at the same time, tsk tsk tsk.... bad for the business. ;)

that's why most of the new products are delayed everytime. "marketing strategy" that's what they prefer to call it. :D

Edited by commonpersonjustlykeverybody

Guest hunyango_uk
you may not be able to buy it online, but in my orange shop both the spv c550 and c500 are availible and i think i also saw the c600 in there too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup that's true

c550

option 1.) c550 = £129.99

option 2.) c550 = £109.99 + old handset

c500

option 1.) c500 = £89.99

option 2.) c500 = £79.99 + old handset

(hmmmmm............ is this right?)

if i'm not mistaken, coz that's what they do here in portsmouth.

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest JulianW

Yeah same here in Blackburn, most annoying as the online shop rejected my credit card and won't tell me why, they did offer to put in a new order on their system and process it, the phone would be the online price (before they sold out) but they couldn't manage to give me the 25% accessory discount for ordering over the internet. :cry: I don't see why they want an extra £30 in the shop for this phone rather than the price on their own internet shop :x

Guest fluffcat1
I don't see why they want an extra £30 in the shop for this phone rather than the price on their own internet shop  :x

I asked the very same thing in a branch and they explained they are run as seperate companies competing with each other, so offers/ prices from one may not necessarily be offered by the other.

Richard

Guest JulianW

You got a better reply from your local shop than I did. All I got was that it cost them more as they had a shop frontage, no mention of seperate shops competing with each other. How can that work? They must be supplied the same so the highstreet shop is never going to be able to match the price of the online shop?

I'm getting too frustrated trying to deal with Orange anyway so I'm going to look for another phone completely, shame cos I liked the look of the C550 and it had all of the functions I was looking for.

Guest Dark Horse

Hmm, the C550 is only £100 notes here in London (£110 without part ex). Not sure if its the full music kit ver with cables and all though.

Regards,

Dark Horse

Guest fluffcat1
All I got was that it cost them more as they had a shop frontage, no mention of seperate shops competing with each other. How can that work? They must be supplied the same so the highstreet shop is never going to be able to match the price of the online shop?

Sorry, I didn't explain myself, it's not 'york-v-leeds-v-wakefield' shops etc, it's online-v-retail.

Still, it would be nice if the shops DID compete against each other. Maybe they could have a throw-down dance off using the c550 to play the tunes? And broadcast it over orange TV to 3g enabled handsets? The best moves busted by a shop gets my business anytime....

Richard (NurSE! MY TablET PLEASE...)

Guest JulianW
Sorry, I didn't explain myself, it's not 'york-v-leeds-v-wakefield' shops etc, it's online-v-retail.

Still, it would be nice if the shops DID compete against each other. Maybe they could have a throw-down dance off using the c550 to play the tunes? And broadcast it over orange TV to 3g enabled handsets? The best moves busted by a shop gets my business anytime....

Richard (NurSE! MY TablET PLEASE...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Online vs Retail is what I meant, sorry for the confusion. I'm just fed up with companies promising things will work when quite clearly they don't. The fun one I did have though (now I know the shops are a seperate entity) is that the phone service order line that the internet points you to told me to go to the shop as they were having problems with my credit card. Funny only they struggle with my credit card, I had no problems paying for my holiday flights online on Friday night!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JulianW
Is that with teh music pack or standard pack though (512mb minisd or 128 minisd)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately it's only the standard pack but Orange were having problems processing my credit card details and claimed my bank were denying them and that I should contact my bank, on contacting my bank they hadn't even had a request for money from Orange! Due to this I missed out on the £99 music pack offer they had on so wasn't best pleased with Orange as you might guess :twisted: . So I tried their chain of high street shops but the prices were set at £30 more than the online shop so I found an alternate supplier and I'm very happy with the phone I've got.

Guest JulianW
Is that with teh music pack or standard pack though (512mb minisd or 128 minisd)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately it's only the standard pack but Orange were having problems processing my credit card details and claimed my bank were denying them and that I should contact my bank, on contacting my bank they hadn't even had a request for money from Orange! Due to this I missed out on the £99 music pack offer they had on so wasn't best pleased with Orange as you might guess :twisted: . So I tried their chain of high street shops but the prices were set at £30 more than the online shop so I found an alternate supplier and I'm very happy with the phone I've got.

Hi dunno if this helps but we have stock (i work here at orange) just for some reason the website isn`t updated and hasn`t been for a few weeks. I know this because my mate and dad both wanted a c550. Anyway i`ve highlighted this to the upgrades team and the website should be updated shortly.

There is a free phone number on the webpage for the sales team just give them a call they are £89.99 with a 512 meg card. they will ask you if you want the upgraded memory pack just say "yes" otherwise you`ll get sent the 32 meg one for the same price...look don`t ask why i just work here.

hope this helps.

wilky

Edit

The freephone number is 0800 079 2000 now i can be @rsed to go get it.

Any problems pm me or something and i`ll see if i can do anything.

Edited by wilky

• 4 weeks later...
Does it include the 512mb SD-card? It doesn't seem to show up on the website....

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was told when I ordered that it does...

Hopefully the phone will turn up today so I can let you know for definite over the weekend.

Cheers

Gaz

Guest Pondrew

Have any of you with the C550 been able to sync with Media Player? Because my two week old SPV C550 refuses to (apparently a known bug on the HTC Hurricane ;) ). Not even flashing with the T-Mobile rom version for the HTC Hurricane resolved it...