C600 WM5 ROM UPDATE

Guest Potatohead

found a setting in the registry which is interesting.

all the settings for mms etc say to connect to "mms network" well this option is missing on the sp5 and cingular rom

but in the registery in "Hkey_local_machine/comm/connmgr/destinations/"

are the options for internet/wap/secure wap etc etc

hopefully it should be as easy as finding someone with an unmodified c600 to look at this option and export the key that we need and then we can put it in and give it a go.

Anyone willing to help us

Guest Potatohead

I totally just misread your post.

What your saying is that Your Service provider settings tell you to Connect to: "MMS Network"

But you only get the Four standard ones. DOH!! #-o

What service provider are you with if you dont mind me asking ? I am assuming Orange?

Have you tried editing the registry entry to see if u can add that option? (USE CAUTION - MAKE A NOTE OF EXACTLY HOW IT WAS BEFORE CHANGING)

Using the RegEDIT tool?

UPDATE!!

I just tried that, and i agree, think it might be simpler to to import the Orange Rom Registry Keys. From a phone with the Orange ROM.

Edited by Potatohead

Guest fearomoon
Not sure.... if thats the clooney lopez one i didn't see it.

Sounds more like an old Kung Fu movie character to me :cheesy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think it was the prison in the fast and the furious ;-)

thanks for the link but see the option that says "connect via mms network" this option is acually missing so you can only choose the internet, gprs, wap secure wap and non of these work.

The bit that we need extracting from a working c600 with the standard rom on should fix this issue

Guest EggZenBeanz
anyone willing to extract this bit for us to test

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i would love to get the mms settings setup on my new sp5 rom. im missing the rewg settings too.

Guest Potatohead
i would love to get the mms settings setup on my new sp5 rom. im missing the rewg settings too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately i didn't keep a backup of my orange ROM as i had no intention of going back to it, so i can't help with this one.

I wonder if one of the other smartphones from orange have this entry eg the c500 or c550

is anyone with one of these with the standard orange rom on willing to look for the entries

please

Guest ElGato65
found a setting in the registry which is interesting.

all the settings for mms etc say to connect to "mms network" well this option is missing on the sp5 and cingular rom

but in the registery in "Hkey_local_machine/comm/connmgr/destinations/"

are the options for internet/wap/secure wap etc etc

hopefully it should be as easy as finding someone with an unmodified c600 to look at this option and export the key that we need and then we can put it in and give it a go.

Anyone willing to help us

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing on My C500 ROM about MMS under that key, just doing a global search of the registry.

Guest Dop3KinG

hi ive just exported the registry files from"Hkey_local_machine/comm/connmgr/destinations/" it shoul be just a matter of overwriting the registry entries with these.i got them from my orange c600 which i only got yesterday.

i also found NRE_1.6.333.2 sp5 rom @

if you would like the registry entery's just email [email protected] and i will send them to yuo. :)

Guest kevinsephiroth

on my C600 Orange:

Hkey_local_machine/comm/connmgr/destinations/

i have:

MMS Connection

Secure Wap Network

The Internet

WAP Network

Work

for MMS Connection:

the key is nammed:"040C"

and in values: a REG SZ value nammed "Default" with "MMS" as value data

a REG SZ value nammed "DestId"with"{750123DE-02CC-4AC1-85D7-CA7BDD364D0D}" as value data

hope this helped

Guest creamhackered
would this fix my mms issue though ?

that seam to crop up when flasshing another device with another devices software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt it. I think I remember getting MMS working eventually on WM5 with the C500 but I can't remember how. The spv-developers.com guys helped though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GrahamMW

bleep

I was unable to download MMS images on my C600 with the Imate rom, so I changed the Settings > Connections > GRPS > Orange MMS > Edit

Set the Connects to "Secure WAP Network" and messages downloaded :)

Guest GrahamMW
were you able to send them too ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, just sent one to my work's Blackberry, but as that doesn't support MMS, it gave me a link to the 02 website. All good.

My phone is stuck in headset mode since my last call :?:

Guest bleep

bravo

shame ive just had my handset replaced with another by orange.

tell you one thing.

the orange rom is soooo slow compaired to the imate one.

any tips or tricks and how to speed things up

Guest GrahamMW
Yep, just sent one to my work's Blackberry, but as that doesn't support MMS, it gave me a link to the 02 website.  All good. 

My phone is stuck in headset mode since my last call  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find that the imate rom is just as bad as the Orange. Mine keeps crashing or hangs. I miss my C500.

Guest bleep

can someone else who has the imate rom and is on Orange just try the secure wap setting and let us know if it works.

as i might flash my phone again if its working.

Edited by bleep