Cingular 2125: Everything you need to know

Guest patrickjamesg

Guest Pete Teoh
Still learning how to use the phone but wondered if there is a way to work with Outlook on a PC to manage the contacts on the phone?  Can you export /import the contacts between the phone and Outlook,  then work with them in a separate folder from all the hundreds I have on my PC to make additions or deletions easier?

Noted the earlier post of how to copy contacts on SIM card to phone, is possible to do the same thing by exporting contacts to Outlook and importiing them back to the phone.

Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ActiveSync will automatically sync your entire contact list from Outlook to the Smartphone. If you only want to sync a subset of your Outlook contacts, then create a new folder and in Outlook and move the contacts you don't want to sync into that.

Guest patrickem

Did the application unlock on my phone on my phone and it didn't work. For value 00001017 it was at 16 not 128 but changed it to 144 anyways. Changing all the setting does nothing and when I go back in to check they have all reverted back to the original settings.

Guest skisteven1

Just got my 2125 a week ago, and I haven't had much time to play with it, but this is a great post OP! One question though -- does anyone know how to change the background of the start menu? right now, I have a cingular logo on a blue background, even if i change the color scheme (start->settings->home screen) to guava bubbles (the only other option atm). Anyone know how to change this?

Hi PatrickJames,

thanks so much for an excellent post...

I installed the CAB that moves the temporary Internet files to the storage card on my Cingular 2125. The CAB installed just fine (on the card), but now my smartphone IE can't establish a connection. Apparently the password is incorrect, and the strange thing is that when I change it to the correct value, it is not saved. The old, incorrect password returns on its own.

Have you encountered this problem, and is there a solution that you know of?

Thanks...

Great post indeed, I myself just got the phone a week ago and was searching for stuff.. anyways... I will be trying these tweeks. In the mean time have a question... how can I make photos of my contacts show bigger when they call me... its tiny, cant see it.. I tried installing some software that I found.. but its annoying.. childs stuf... I dont want it themed with hearts and crap around the pic, just want to make the picture bigger when someone calls me and I have assigned them a pic...

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MadSci
ActiveSync will automatically sync your entire contact list from Outlook to the Smartphone. If you only want to sync a subset of your Outlook contacts, then create a new folder and in Outlook and move the contacts you don't want to sync into that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It may not be an issue anyway. I have over 2400 Contacts in my Outlook, and I sync ALL of them to my Smartphones.

MPx200 stalled on all that data. MPx220 and SMT5600 handled them well. Thinking hard about getting a 2125. WIth the increased processor speed and memory, it should do just great!

MadSci

Guest Lantec
Still learning how to use the phone but wondered if there is a way to work with Outlook on a PC to manage the contacts on the phone?  Can you export /import the contacts between the phone and Outlook,  then work with them in a separate folder from all the hundreds I have on my PC to make additions or deletions easier?

Noted the earlier post of how to copy contacts on SIM card to phone, is possible to do the same thing by exporting contacts to Outlook and importiing them back to the phone.

Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. It's been useful.

On the above question I have a tip. I used to keep all my contacts in separate folders (Architects, Surveyors, Engineers, etc) which would sync to my Blackberry just like in Outlook but when I got the 2125 it just dumps them all into one huge list. The trick was to add a category name to each contact in Outlook. It took me a while but now I can click contacts, menu, filter(7) and what are folders on Outlook show up in the filter list. So that those I use most are at the top of the list I came up with category names like AAFamily, ABFriends, ACCoWorkers etc.

Guest DisasterBUSE
Yes.  You'll have to port the mmode settings over still after unlocking the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How in the hell am I supposed to do that? I am going nuts trying to change the settings on my phone to no avail. Please tell me someone can help. I cannot send and receive MMS messages and I know its because of the cingular settings still on the 2125 while unlocked using my AT&T sim. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Guest BONDS
Did the application unlock on my phone on my phone and it didn't work.  For value 00001017 it was at 16 not 128 but changed it to 144 anyways.  Changing all the setting does nothing and when I go back in to check they have all reverted back to the original settings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys,

I am having the same problem.

for 00001001 I had 1 as default instead of 2

for 00001005 I had 16 so that was fine.

for 00001017 I had 16 instead of 128 and changed it 144.

After that i tried installing TCPMP and i get an error saying its not compatible with WINDOWS CE.

Any help is much appreciated....

Guest m8cca
How in the hell am I supposed to do that? I am going nuts trying to change the settings on my phone to no avail. Please tell me someone can help. I cannot send and receive MMS messages and I know its because of the cingular settings still on the 2125 while unlocked using my AT&T sim. Any help would be highly appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't tried it personal. Have you tried the following:

Go to your Inbox.

Menu - > Options -> Account Options -> MMS

Menu - > MMSC Settings

Menu - > New

Enter settings for ATT MMS there; Save

Menu - > Set as Default

Good luck.

Guest DisasterBUSE
Haven't tried it personal.  Have you tried the following:

Go to your Inbox.

Menu - > Options -> Account Options -> MMS

Menu - > MMSC Settings

Menu - > New

Enter settings for ATT MMS there; Save

Menu - > Set as Default

Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried that and didn't work. I'm guessing it is because the mmode gprs and wap settings aren't programmed on the phone yet. I'm just guessing though. I had a crazy night and the chick sent me a pic from that night with her in it and have lost all my patience already. Cannot send or receive at all. Ill share with the rest if its of any incentive. Thanks all.

Guest DisasterBUSE
I tried that and didn't work. I'm guessing it is because the mmode gprs and wap settings aren't programmed on the phone yet. I'm just guessing though. I had a crazy night and the chick sent me a pic from that night with her in it and have lost all my patience already. Cannot send or receive at all. Ill share with the rest if its of any incentive. Thanks all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im such a grammer freak, that last sentence should be "As an incentive Ill share with all if it matters." Or something like that.

Guest Coucou

Tip for slow learners (like me):

Have a play with the keys to see what long keypresses will do. Holding down the Home key launches the Comm Manager! Very handy ;)

Guest m8cca

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. You will need to create the new settings for mmode GPRS also so your Internet connection is working.

I found some information for mmode in WM2003SE which I edited for WM5. Haven't personally tried it but hope it works for you. However if the MMS message sent to you was too old it might not get delivered as it only stays on the network for some time.

Good luck.

AT&T GPRS, WAP/mMODE, & MMS settings

1) Start>Settings>Connections>Proxy

2) Delete MEdia Net Settings.

3) Menu>Add

4) Create PROXY CONNECTION:

Description: mMode

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP network

Proxy (name:port): 10.250.250.54:8080

Type: HTTP

Username: (blank)

Password: (blank)

5) Open GPRS Connections.

6) Start>Settings>Connections>GPRS>Menu>Add

Create a new GPRS CONNECTION

Description: AWS GPRS

Connects to: The Internet

Access point: proxy

User name: (blank)

Primary DNS: (blank...will later default to 0.0.0.0)

Secondary DNS: (blank...will later default to 0.0.0.0)

IP address: (blank)

7) Start>Settings>Connections>Menu>Advanced

DATA CONNECTIONS

Internet Connection: AWS GPRS

Work Connection: Automatic

WAP Connection: AWS GPRS

Secure WAP Connection: Automatic

8.) In Internet Explorer, Menu>Tools>Options>Connections

Auto Detect Settings: Unchecked

Select Network: Wap Network

9) MMS SETUP.

Inbox>Menu>Options>Account Options>MMS>Menu>MMSC Settings.

10) Menu>New

Name: AWS MMS

MMSC URL: http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net

WAP Gateway: 10.250.250.100

Port: 9201

Connect Via: The Internet

Max. Sending Size: 100K

WAP Version: WAP 1.2

Click Done

Menu>Set as Default

11) Click Back Arrow to return to the MMS Preferences Screen

Check the following boxes:

Retrieve Immediately

Save sent messages

Allow delivery report

Allow read report

No. of Attempts: 3

Photo Resolution: Original Resolution

Click DONE.

Guest DisasterBUSE

I tried it and the good news is that my phone's receiving icon showed up but then got the message that there was a problem recieving the mms. I then tried to send an MMS and got the same message. Could it be that WINMOB 5.0 has something that 03 doesn't have? Maybe some option of some sort?

Edited by DisasterBUSE

Guest zeedee11

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe you should finally migrate from blue to orange. :shock:

lol

Guest DisasterBUSE
maybe you should finally migrate from blue to orange.  :shock:

lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NEVAHHHHH! I am paying $100 for unlimited calls/nationwide long distance and roaming. Sorry but I would rather do without MMS. I use around 3-6k minutes a month.

Guest leoiden

any new updates on the cingular 2125 aku2 for example or any other tricks you members have found how about the wmp 10 to play video in full screen???

Guest DisasterBUSE

So I have great news!!! I am now able to receive mms with my at&t sim card. I changed the MMSC setting from http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net to http://mmsc.cingularwireless.com. I am still figuring out what I need to change to send mms. Any ideas?

Yes.  You will need to create the new settings for mmode GPRS also so your Internet connection is working.

I found some information for mmode in WM2003SE which I edited for WM5.  Haven't personally tried it but hope it works for you.  However if the MMS message sent to you was too old it might not get delivered as it only stays on the network for some time.

Good luck.

AT&T GPRS, WAP/mMODE, & MMS settings

1) Start>Settings>Connections>Proxy

2) Delete MEdia Net Settings.

3) Menu>Add

4) Create PROXY CONNECTION:

Description: mMode

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP network

Proxy (name:port): 10.250.250.54:8080

Type: HTTP

Username: (blank)

5) Open GPRS Connections.

6) Start>Settings>Connections>GPRS>Menu>Add

Create a new GPRS CONNECTION

Description: AWS GPRS

Connects to: The Internet

Access point: proxy

User name: (blank)

Primary DNS: (blank...will later default to 0.0.0.0)

Secondary DNS: (blank...will later default to 0.0.0.0)

IP address: (blank)

7) Start>Settings>Connections>Menu>Advanced

DATA CONNECTIONS

Internet Connection: AWS GPRS

Work Connection: Automatic

WAP Connection: AWS GPRS

Secure WAP Connection: Automatic

8.) In Internet Explorer, Menu>Tools>Options>Connections

Auto Detect Settings: Unchecked

Select Network: Wap Network

9) MMS SETUP.

Inbox>Menu>Options>Account Options>MMS>Menu>MMSC Settings.

10) Menu>New

Name: AWS MMS

MMSC URL: http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net

WAP Gateway: 10.250.250.100

Port: 9201

Connect Via: The Internet

Max. Sending Size: 100K

WAP Version: WAP 1.2

Click Done

Menu>Set as Default

11) Click Back Arrow to return to the MMS Preferences Screen

Check the following boxes:

Retrieve Immediately

Save sent messages

Allow delivery report

Allow read report

No. of Attempts: 3

Photo Resolution: Original Resolution

Click DONE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest swicks

I am having some problems with the transfer of contacts from the sim card to the phone, i ran the sim program as described and the contacts still are not integrated into the main list, it shows them as a seperate list.

Any help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Guest petec500
Clearvue on C600.

Has anyone figured out how to install the clearview suite that comes on the 2125s CD onto an Orange SPV C600. I tried but failed as it says I'm not using the correct ROM. Is there a registry key that I can tweak to get over this issue?

Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got exactly the same problem on my Orange C600. I downloaded the software as indicated on the first page of this thread. On the download page, there's also the facility to upgrade the Cingular 2125 Software to version 1.8.42.14. I've checked my system information and it comes up with:

ROM version 1.0.7.0

Operator version 11.1.1.9

Neither of which appear anything like 1.8.42.14!

Any clues guys?

PS. First post on the site though i've been an avid reader for sometime - great work guys!!

PPS. I had a C500 originally, hence my username - just upgraded to the C600 - fantastic phone - the screen is the best i've seen on any phone yet!

Edited by petec500

Guest JimDelany
Guys,

I am having the same problem.

for 00001001 I had 1 as default instead of 2

for 00001005 I had 16 so that was fine.

for 00001017 I had 16 instead of 128 and changed it 144.

After that i tried installing TCPMP and i get an error saying its not compatible with WINDOWS CE.

Any help is much appreciated....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also have this problem and am begininig to think that there is no fix. I checked on the MSDN site and this stuff can be controled over the air. I am guessing that cingular just started doing this or the difference is the firmware level. The msdn site also says that there is no way to use this phone as a platform for program development. You have to get cingular to set something up and give you a certificate to sign your applications.

Sounds like yet another case of not getting what you paid for to me. I seem to have a phone with alot of features almost none of which I can use unless I am willing to transfere my checking account to someone else.

Guest zjchaser

ok I'm new here. my 2125 is in the mail from ebay. I'm really really hoping I don't have the same problem with the app unlocking.

This is a great thread, something I love tosee when searching forums for new products I buy.

I was just wondering is there is an AIM and MSN chat client available for the 2125 since it doesn't come with one like the SDA does.

Guest Snooginsguy
ok I'm new here. my 2125 is in the mail from ebay. I'm really really hoping I don't have the same problem with the app unlocking.

This is a great thread, something I love tosee when searching forums for new products I buy.

I was just wondering is there is an AIM and MSN chat client available for the 2125 since it doesn't come with one like the SDA does.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 2125 does come with MSN messenger. It is a feature in the Pocket MSN program. I found mine to be a little buggy, though, till I upgraded my ROM to the new i-mate version. Now it seems to be a lot more stable.

Guest zjchaser
The 2125 does come with MSN messenger.  It is a feature in the Pocket MSN program.  I found mine to be a little buggy, though, till I upgraded my ROM to the new i-mate version.  Now it seems to be a lot more stable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok thats cool, anything for AIM as that is what I use most. thanks. I wasn't aware of a ROM upgrade, still need to do some more browsing.