Cingular 2125: Everything you need to know

Guest patrickjamesg

Guest TripleB
I am sorry if this is an obvious point, but it is eluding me big time:

How do you install a program (such as TCPMP etc) on the mini SD of the Cingular 2125?

I have a 2G SanDisk mini SD in there but whenever I install something I never get asked whether I want to install it on the phone or the card - it goes straight to the phone.

I have the latest ROM and can explore the SD card from both the phone file explorer and the ActiveSync explorer.

TIA

Never mind found the answer here.. http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t232954.html

I am not sure why i wasn't getting the Device/Storage prompt on the phone before (or maybe i was smoking dope, quite possible).

Guest GaleForce218

I tried to application unlock my phone, however the registry values given in the tutorial here as the preset values don't match what my phone has. The first was already 1, the second was 16 as it was supposed to be, and the third was 16 as well.

Guest Snooginsguy
I tried to application unlock my phone, however the registry values given in the tutorial here as the preset values don't match what my phone has. The first was already 1, the second was 16 as it was supposed to be, and the third was 16 as well.

Run this app:

http://advent.uw.hu/win/HTCUnlock-CVS.zip

It will automatically change the settings for you, and will leave a copy of the registry editor on your phone.

Guest Snooginsguy
THE BEST HACK IS THE AKU2 UPDATE FOR CINGULAR 2125 OR A WORK AROUND TO HAVE WIFI ON THE CINGULAR 2125!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, yeah...way to make those useful comments leoiden... :)

Edited by Snooginsguy

Guest sti3

I think the best hack is the one that lets you use all Window Mobile 5 PPC apps with absolutely no usability or performance hit.

Guest leoiden
I think the best hack is the one that lets you use all Window Mobile 5 PPC apps with absolutely no usability or performance hit.

GOOD POINT WOULD BE NICE TOO!! :)

Guest kevmck1
Hi Patrick,

I too thank you for this article.

You mentioned, "I'm sure you've had a hard time pressing the power button for the quick option to lock your keys."

I almost crushed this phone before I figured out the power button trick. Have the phone laying on the table in front of you for this explaination:

The power button does not press down (ie. towards the back of the phone) as that little circular button would have you believe. Instead, put your fingernail and at the top of the button, then gently pull the button towards the bottom of the phone (ie. towards the keypad). It will then give you a tacktile "click" that you would normally expect.

Imho, I believe a "Down Arrow" symbol (instead of the current "Press Down" button symbol) would be more appropriate for the current switch's mechanical design.

Regards,

Brcobrem

I have only had this phone about a day and have been playing with the power button. I've found that if you press down (toward the keys) on the ribbed plastic just to the left of the power button, it works pretty good. The power button does not push in, it is fixed to the ribbed plastic piece. The ribber plastic piece is what moves, but only the left side. Try it!

Guest xavierjohn22
PLEASE let me know if you pull this of thanks in advance!

It is working but the resolution is not right, the dll file should be ported to QVGA too, thats for orange to do.

Guest kevmck1

Does anybody know if it would be possible to use the wall charger for a Motorola V3 with the cingular 2125.

I like the compact form of the Motorola charger. They are both Mini-usb. Both chargers put out 5 volts. The Motorola puts out 550mA while the wall charger for the Cingular 2125 puts out 1A.

I would assume since the Motorola charger is putting out less Amps it would not harm the Cingular 2125 phone.

Does anyone know how many volts and amps a USB 2.0 port puts out?

Thanks for the help.

Guest kevmck1

I did some research and answered my own question. A USB 2.0 port puts out 5V @ up to 500mA.

If The Cingular 2125 can charge from a USB 2.0 port then it should be able to charge from the compact Motorola wall charger.

It's a lot better than carrying around that huge wall charger that comes with the 2125.

Guest Mastershake10401

On the other note, I also tried to set the asain fonts as the default font by following this faq http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?showtopic=11268, and cant seem to get that to work as well. After I finish all the reg editing stuff, I restart my phone and nun of the changes that I just made stay on the phone!!! I have no clue y this is. Also I keep hearing a lot of stuff about a asian 3.45 or 3.46 rom, can that be installed on my phone? If so how do I do it?

Guest Skyline R34

thanks for the guide.i nv knew it had to be use on the main storage.however my 00001017 settins its original value is 26 not 128 as reflected.i tried proceedin but its a no go.my phone is still application lock although the settings are now changed..any ideas?..thanks

Guest tspy2u

Ok I have a good one for all of you. As you all know you can use programs like BlueCast to push the audio signal from your phone to your bluetooth headset like when listening to music or watching a movie (I know it's not stereo).

My question...is there a program or a hack that can turn your phone into a bluetooth mic, allowing you to turn on a feature leave your phone somewhere (within the bluetooth distance) and allowing yourself to hear what is being said next to your phone. Poor mans listening bug.

You know you forget to leave your phone somewhere and then you can listen from a far without anyone knowing.

Edited by tspy2u

Guest Paradox-Sj

What are the default setting for the Cingular Proxy and GPRS setting?

I changed my ROM to imate SP5 and I need to transfer these setting.

THX

Guest Paradox-Sj

Okay I was able to find them BUT I have noticed that I nolonger get the E/Edge icon.....so does this mean that I am not connecting at the hire speed anylonger?

Also I nolonger have any Cingular certs...will that make a big difference of any kind?

Guest pavankp
Okay I was able to find them BUT I have noticed that I nolonger get the E/Edge icon.....so does this mean that I am not connecting at the hire speed anylonger?

Also I nolonger have any Cingular certs...will that make a big difference of any kind?

See here: reply to your other post.

Guest oz666

Hello. I'm new around here. I searched this forum but I don't have so much time so please excuse me this time. I want to make a back up rom for my SPV C600. Can some one give me link to a tutorial or something

Guest Pondrew
Hello. I'm new around here. I searched this forum but I don't have so much time so please excuse me this time. I want to make a back up rom for my SPV C600. Can some one give me link to a tutorial or something

As you ask so nicely... :)

Our own moderator Gpcarreon has done an excellent guide here

Guest oz666

Thank you very much. My only problem is that I don't have a card reader. I understand from here that I can use ItsUtils suite to save that *.bin file on my computer. What i need to know:

1: Can I use a digital camera or my phone to connect the sd card to the computer?

2: What is the rom size for spv c600 (

8. To save the backup file, you will need to know the ROM size listed below. All in byte(s).
.) What does he mean by
9. Take out the MiniSD card from the phone and connect it to your computer via the adaptor
?

Guest kevmck1

Has anyone tried to sync their Cingular 2125 with ActiveSync using Bluetooth. If anyone has done this please let me know how you set it up. I'm not very good when it comes to Bluetooth.

Thanks

Guest pavankp
Has anyone tried to sync their Cingular 2125 with ActiveSync using Bluetooth. If anyone has done this please let me know how you set it up. I'm not very good when it comes to Bluetooth.

Thanks

In the Smartphone Help and Advice forum, there is a pinned topic right on top called Bullet-proof guide to ActiveSync and Bluetooth. That should give you enough help to get it working.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Neonsapphire

Hey there...

I recently purchased the Cingular 2125 after using a Sprint Treo 600 for a number of years..

I like the phone but have found a few issues on which I need your help and advice...

1. I would like to customize the information displayed on the home page... The phone comes with a few options but none that I like... In particular, I would like to have only five specifically selected application icons displayed at the top and not the scolling list of most recently used icons... Is there a way to do this?

2. I would like to change the start page to be a small list of application icons with corresponding numbers and not three pages of full icons... Is there any way to change the "start" display from "icon" to "list"?

3. Under the contacts application on the phone, there are only 4 categories listed (i.e., business, personal, etc.). On my Treo 600, I had about 10 customized categories... Is there any way to add more on the phone? I am not currently syncing with outlook and may not be... I would like to make the changes on the phone but can't find a way... Please help...

Thanks for your help...