2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack

Guest mr_nice!

Guest mr_nice!

I hate the headphones included with the C550 and would really like to find an adapter which I could plug my normal headphones in. I wondered if anybody knew anywhere where I could buy one.

Obviously what would be the coolest is if the adapter also contained the microphone and the talk button and all it required was for you to plug in your headphones and then you could still use it as handsfree.

If nobody has made thios type of adapter for the C550 and you would like to knick this idea then by all means please manufacture the product and I will happily buy one. Can you hurry up though as I would like to listen to the new New Scientist podcast on my phone ;)

Any ideas where I could buy this would be brilliant.

I am UK based although I don't think that is relevant anymore with post

Nice

Guest mattlyon62

I got the c550 music kit, i got the "hi-fi/tv" lead which is 2x phono - 3.5mm jack. But i didnt get a 2.5-3.5 adapter. I think one should of been there tho :?: :??:

Guest mini_man

hey check out maybe maplins, but the best suppliers that sell loads of great stuff are basic electronics we have a shop in guildford they sell all that kinda stuff

ebay have many and also have some with built in microphones

Edited by mini_man

Guest mr_nice!

I have just purchased one from ebay when I have the phones in when I receive a call I have to remove the headphones which is a bit annoying. What I wondered was anyone got any experience of the plantronics MX100 does it work with C550?

nice

Guest hey_tim
I got the c550 music kit, i got the "hi-fi/tv" lead which is 2x phono - 3.5mm jack. But i didnt get a 2.5-3.5 adapter. I think one should of been there tho :?:  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should definately have received the adapter.

My first 550 was delivered without - after 5 weeks of ringing them to chase I gave up, sent it back for a refund and bought another!

Guest mini_man

yeh they are, personally i think there better than the sticky out 1ns as the stick out!! but realy i dont like 2.5mm sockets as they fall out as they arent as strong as 3.5mm sockets.

These are the images i took with my phone of them

post-160616-1138442607_thumb.jpg

post-160616-1138442623_thumb.jpg

Terrible picture i took with my webcam

post-160616-1138442924_thumb.jpg

Edited by mini_man

Guest mr_nice!

I have one of those 2.5mm to 3.5mm connections now thanks!!

All i require now is a mono wired headphone for the car as I am using the bluetooth for tom tom sat nav (which is bloody brilliant by the way). I don't really want stereo as I am driving and really want to hear whats happening. Its a bit mad that all you used to be able to get is a mono wired headset and nowadays it is impossible.

Just wanted to add the following emails between me and those bunch of arses at Planctronics. I have bought one of the MX100 which obviously doesn't work because they use 3 pole 2.5mm instead of a 4pole (cheap gits), and wanted to share my little email tennis session with you

Discussion Thread

Customer (David Homfray) 01/26/2006 10:36 AM

I am looking for a mono wired headset from my orange SPV C550 (also called HTC Hurricane, iMate SP5m, Qtek 8200 and T-Mobile SDA Music 2). I wondered if the mx100 would work for this handset. I hope it does I have a bluetooth GPS for the car and therefore want a wired mono headset to recive calls

regards

dave

Response (Graham) 01/26/2006 04:10 PM

David,

We don't currently have any info on that phone. If it's blue tooth version 1.2 or 2.0, and has either a hands free or headst profile it should work.

Auto-Response (Graham) 01/26/2006 10:36 AM

Suggested Answers displayed

_____________________________________________________________________-

Customer (David Homfray) 01/31/2006 01:00 AM

I suppose I couldn't get the connections for your MX100. I have purchased one now and on the picture it shows a 4 pole 2.5mm jack plug and in reality it is a 3 pole jack plug, your products are really good but I hope you will be more careful with the pictures as I bought on based upon the picture. could you tell me what the poles are. so I can build a adapter as no one seems to make it.

| 1 2 3

|----|--|-\

|----|--|-/

|

Is it

1) Ground

2) Mic / Switch

3) Right or Left Audio (or is it left and right)

I have an Orange SPV C550 so I need a 2.5mm 3 pole jack socket (for your plug to go in) going to a 2.5mm 4 pole jack plug to go in to the phone the connections for the C550 is

| 1 2 3 4

|----|--|--|-\

|----|--|--|-/

|

Is

1) Ground

2) Mic / Switch

3) right

4) left

I do hope you can help me

regards

dave

Response (Graham) 01/31/2006 03:16 PM

David,

The information you are requesting is restricted by Plantronics and we are unable to provide that information for you.

Customer (David Homfray) 02/01/2006 12:50 AM

brilliant. You been a great help. Must be vitaly important for you to keep that information secret. I shouldn't even need to be looking into changing the connector if you just spent an extra $0.01 on a 4 pole connector instead of a 3. Its funny when ever I deal with a big company like you, it only ever disapoints

Edited by mr_nice!

yeh they are, personally i think there better than the sticky out 1ns as the stick out!! but realy i dont like 2.5mm sockets as they fall out as they arent as strong as 3.5mm sockets.

These are the images i took with my phone of them

post-160616-1138442607_thumb.jpg

post-160616-1138442623_thumb.jpg

Terrible picture i took with my webcam

post-160616-1138442924_thumb.jpg

Where did you get yours from and how much?

I brought a stereo 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter on e-bay for about £5 a few days ago.

I think it's unique due to the fact that it includes a microphone near the 3.5mm jack so you can use it as proper hands free unit with your own headphones.

I haven't recieved it yet but I'll tell you all how it goes.

Guest mr_nice!

mitman, old buddy can you give me the sale link so I can check this out, if not can you give me at least the name of the seller or even an approriate search term. That is what I have been looking for.

Nice

Guest mini_man

the headphones are from tescos aah secret exposed but they are incredible and the sound quality is really impressive,

but the adapter came with the phone

Guest Wombleuk

I hated the earphones that came with my C500. They just kept falling out of my ears.

Although the sound was OK, I had to have it wound right up.

Just got some Slicsound extensions and the difference is fantastic. They don't fall out of my ears and I get great sound with the volume now set below half way.

Might not suit everyone, but worth a look.

You also keep full functionality of your original cable.

HTH

Bought one of the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter with mic (ebay No: 5861408529), doesn't work    :evil: . Why does no one make any products for the C550.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm, that adapter should work. Do you get no sound at all, or the sound still comes from the handset as if there was no adapter plugged in?

Guest mr_nice!

At last I have found something that works (ebay item number: 5860975646 ) it allows me to plug in my headphones and has a microphone. Just amke sure on the picture the 2.5mm jack plug is 4 pole

nice

At last I have found something that works (ebay item number: 5860975646 ) it allows me to plug in my headphones and has a microphone. Just amke sure on the picture the 2.5mm jack plug is 4 pole

nice

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you got this yet and does it work??

I bought one for my C550 but didnt work - cut the cable and played around with different configuration and finally got it to work although the answer button does not work, just set my profile to auto answer after 3 seconds and all is good!!!!