Show us your today screen!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pondrew
Hey Pookie,

Is that a WM5 pocketPC and if so where did you get the Bluetooth icon at the bottom??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can answer that one. It's not WM5 but the WM2003SE build found on the SPV M2000 (HTC Blue Angel). Like all devices with the Broadcom bluetooth stack the bluetooth can be activated by clicking on that icon at the bottom (not sure if Pocket PCs with the regular Microsoft bluetooth stack worked the same?)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tubbie_GL
I can answer that one. It's not WM5 but the WM2003SE build found on the SPV M2000 (HTC Blue Angel). Like all devices with the Broadcom bluetooth stack the bluetooth can be activated by clicking on that icon at the bottom (not sure if Pocket PCs with the regular Microsoft bluetooth stack worked the same?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pondrew and rest, there is another little beuaty of a tweak that can solve it, try adding the following keys in registry:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\"wireless"]

DLL="netui.dll" (string)

Enabled=1 (deword, decimal)

Flags=0 (deword, decimal)

Options=0 (deword, decimal)

Order=1 (deword, decimal)

Type= 4 (deword, decimal)

I have heard that there are some issues if you are nok running AKU2, but anyway try it out...

Originally it were discovered for universal, but it has proven to work just fine on Wizard/Prophet as well:D

I have attached a screendumt to let you know how it looks...

post-174982-1143209211_thumb.jpg

Tubbie

Guest zarquon

So here is my today (well yesterday) screen on my M2000. Having disabled most of the orange software I have added WisBar Advanced 2 (2.5.0.1)

post-12558-1143313183_thumb.jpg

This gives you a menu system as shown in the second screen shot.

post-12558-1143313216_thumb.jpg

The *1 button is custom button whicj I have set to rotate to landscape mode (or back) on a single tap or "switch off and lock" on a tap and hold

These are screen captures are from ActiveSync Remote display and the menus always look a little dark, but a fine on the M2000

Edited by zarquon

Guest Webreaper
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\"wireless"]DLL="netui.dll" (string)

Enabled=1 (deword, decimal)

Flags=0 (deword, decimal)

Options=0 (deword, decimal)

Order=1 (deword, decimal)

Type= 4 (deword, decimal)

Tried this tonight on my XDA Mini S (Wizard) but it doesn't work. ;) Any ideas?

Guest Tubbie_GL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All I can say is that afterwards you have to go to Settings->Personal->Today->Items and activate it...

The tweaks seems OK... I have attached a screenshot of my reg settings below.

post-174982-1143350526_thumb.jpg

Tubbie...

Guest Webreaper

I've activated it On the Today screen settings but still no joy. I actually got the tip from xda Developers, and have checked the Settings twice, but still not getting anything appearing on the today screen.

Guest mrmond
Heres mine for today themedisplay12zk.png

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you be willing to post that image Ukresist.

That looks quite smart.

I'd like to have that as my background.

Thanks.

Guest Webreaper

I saw an inage similar to that on a page I found by googling for "ppc themes".

Does any one know of cheaper/Smaller App to do screenshots on WM5? I don'i really want to have to buy Soti tools just to post My today screen here!!

Guest Tubbie_GL
I saw an inage similar to that on a page I found by googling for "ppc themes".

Does any one know of cheaper/Smaller App to do screenshots on WM5? I don'i really want to have to buy Soti tools just to post My today screen here!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure... try this link to a small screen capture app called magic ss

http://www.louterrailloune.com/index...p?page=magicss

Tubbie

Guest Tubbie_GL
I've activated it On the Today screen settings but still no joy. I actually got the tip from xda Developers, and have checked the Settings twice, but still not getting anything appearing on the today screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try, running this cab on your device...

Wireless_Today_Plugin.cab

Tubbie

Guest Webreaper
Try, running this cab on your device...

Tried it, still no joy. I get the 'Wireless' entry in the list of items for the today screen but when I select it nothing extra appears on the Today screen itself.

BTW, UKResist - is the O2 thing on the top bar the infamous 'O2 Active' app? I can't understand why I've never seen it, despite having an O2 Active icon in my programs folder and having chosen 'Basic' config when I first got the machine?!?

Guest bluesxman
Tried it, still no joy. I get the 'Wireless' entry in the list of items for the today screen but when I select it nothing extra appears on the Today screen itself.
Tried a soft reset? The only other thing I can think of is that in your post above you have netui.dll in quotes - you don't have the quotes in the registry value, do you? I've an XDA Mini s too and can confirm it does work on this device. Edited by bluesxman

I'm wondering

why does hardly anyone have the device lock plugin on their homescreen?

I would like to remove it and make a button do the trick but I can't find a way to do it ;)

Does anyone know how to do this?

Pigo

Guest bluesxman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A light bulb moment! I think this only works on the new AKU2 roms - have you upgraded yours?

Guest Webreaper
A light bulb moment! I think this only works on the new AKU2 roms - have you upgraded yours?

No. I gather the official O2 ROM upgrade is out soon so I'll probably upgrade when that's released.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vijay555

Might as well throw my keys into the pot as well:

(old screenshots though)

October.jpg

or when I'm feeling saucy:

november3.jpg

V

PS re the device lock plugin, Matt on the xda forums (and some others) has posted an app to let you use the device lock plugin without having it enabled on the today screen, so you can free up some space.

Edited by vijay555

• 1 year later...
Guest MA11EY

I've got a question, simple as it may seem.

After you disable the orange today screen does it just reappear as every other theme that has been shown?

Also,

Can you change the hardware on the device, i want to install the HTC Prophet hardware onto mine but cant seem to find any hints as to being able to do this... Any thoughts?

Edited by MA11EY