Vonage VoIP Softphone for Smartphone

Guest dRPeppir

Guest dishe

So, is SJphone with the registry hacks the best way to go about this currently?

I was kind of excited to try and get my hands on Cicero's software, but if it doesn't work as well I won't bother.

I actually currently have a working SJphone installation on my iPaq pocket pc, but I'm looking to move to the smartphone platform with an Sp5m. I can't beleive no one else has made an official release of SIP compatible softphones yet!

Guest kam_

The latest cicero phone works very well.. I replied to your PM, and i'll just copy some of my reply here for others benefit:

The latest version is MUCH MUCH better:

- You can install to storage card or device memory now

- G711/GSM both work. It can therefore work over GPRS using the GSM codec.

- Sound comes out of the normal ear speaker like when you use the phone normally.

- It integrates with the dialer so you can make GSM and VoIP calls with the same app (you can disable this if you don't like it)

- Its suposed to have a routing table, where you can put prefixes u want dialed throuh GSM and not VoIP. I can't get this to work, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next version

All in all i would say the new version is definately worth trying and buying. With the GSM codec working, and some improved eficiency overall it now works over GPRS and very low signal strength wifi.

So, is SJphone with the registry hacks the best way to go about this currently?

I was kind of excited to try and get my hands on Cicero's software, but if it doesn't work as well I won't bother.

I actually currently have a working SJphone installation on my iPaq pocket pc, but I'm looking to move to the smartphone platform with an Sp5m. I can't beleive no one else has made an official release of SIP compatible softphones yet!

Hi,

Cicerophone seems to be apetizing but ... if only they could answer our requests for try/buy!!!

Do you have any name ?

Guest dishe
The latest cicero phone works very well.. I replied to your PM, and i'll just copy some of my reply here for others benefit:

Hmmm... never got the PM. Glad to see the info here. Strange, I think my Pm's are all screwy.

Guest niek_groot

does anyone know where to try/buy this software? I have (for a while now) tried to find it or even buy it from Cicero - they dont seem to answer emails tho - not sure why - if its good it could lead to a larger volume sale!

does anyone know where to try/buy this software? I have (for a while now) tried to find it or even buy it from Cicero - they dont seem to answer emails tho - not sure why - if its good it could lead to a larger volume sale!

Same here !!! they don't even reply to voice mails!!!!

Guest rhydewithdis
1) go to sjlabs.com and download the PC version

2) Edit the SIP PC to PC profile and put in your account details for your sip provider.

3) Make a test call - YES from your PC, to be 100% sure you settings are correct

4) Extract the files in the zip to your phone. You should have the exe, dll and skin file in any directory you want to put it in, and the profiles (.ini files) in sub directory Profiles. For example:

\Storage Card\SjPhone\Default.skn

\Storage Card\SjPhone\SJphone.exe

\Storage Card\SjPhone\SJphoneSetup.dll

\Storage Card\SjPhone\Profiles\H.323 direct.ini

\Storage Card\SjPhone\Profiles\SIP direct.ini

NOTE to mods: The cab file is freely available at http://www.sjlabs.com/preview/ce/ (a link from their download page). I've extracted the files from it using WinCE manager and put them here. If thats not ok, then just delete the atachment and everyone can just do that step themselves!

5) copy the .ini file from your PC (c:\program files\sjlabs\sjphone\profiles i think) to the profiles directory on your phone.

6) launch sjphone on your phone

7) Hit left soft key and scroll to services. Select PC to PC (sip).

You may have to hit the left soft key and shutdown, then restart sjphone

Once its started, you can scroll to the dial box, and dial the number (hold * to change to numbers first), then scroll down to dial. Unfortunately you can't delete a digit you enter so its tricky!

Here's an export of the reg keys from the cab file:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Afd]

"DgramBuffer"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\URLProtocols\callto]

@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto\DefaultIcon]

@=hex(7):25,49,6e,73,74,61,6c,6c,44,69,72,25,5c,53,4a,70,68,6f,6e,65,2e,65,78,\

65,2c,31,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto]

"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto\Shell\open\command]

@="%InstallDir%\\SJphone.exe /callto %1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone]

"App"="%InstallDir%\\SJphone.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone]

"key1"="GQVV0-3OUI3-APJB4-TKEJ1-A1EGG"

"key2"="GQVV0-3OUI3-APJB4-TKEJ1-A1EGG"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\General]

"AddressBook"="\\%CE5%\\SJphone.xml"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\Call Logs]

"CallLogFileName"="\\%CE5%\\SJphone.clm"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\Skin]

"SkinDllFileName"="%InstallDir%\\Default.skn"

"UseSkin"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\Profiles]

"ProfilesDir"="%InstallDir%\\Profiles"

"PersonalDataDir"="%InstallDir%\\Profiles"

"ActiveProfile"="C0DFB9E1-79A0-4749-844F-18EC3DE3629D"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\RTP]

"RTPService"=dword:00000032

You don't need ANY of them to get it to work, but you may want to try to get the skin working by adding this one:

Of course replace %InstallDir% with where you install sjphone

Oh and here's a list of the identifiers in case you're wondering what they mean:

CE1 \Program Files

CE2 \Windows

CE4 \Windows Startup

CE5 \My Documents

CE11 \Windows\Start Menu\Programs

CE12 \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

CE14 \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games

CE15 \Windows\Fonts

CE17 \Windows\Start Menu

Bump - has anyone else tried this with success? I'm new to this phone (based in the US using the t-mobile branded SDA). I have no clue if this will work or not. But I am VERY INTERESTED in trying to get this to work. Any feedback/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Guest kam_

It works fine. The only problem is that you can't delete a digit. So if you make a mistak dialing the number you'll have to restart sjphone. Not ideal, but better than nothing!

To answer the other posts... Cicerophone offer a server side solution which allows seamless roaming between WiFi and GSM. This is their money maker, and what they are trying to push.

The cicerophone client is completely brandable and they are pushing to get in with an operator who can supply it preloaded on their phones. This amounts to hundreds of thousands of client sales at the least, and posible sales of the server side solution too.

I agree they could make alot of money selling the client on its own, but i also think that would seriously jeaprodise any chances of a deal with an operator. I beleive this is the reason they are not all that interested in selling to individual users at this time.

Having said that, they may just miss that boat if SJphone or xten decide to make a smartphone version of their PPC clients. But then how big is the smartphone SIP client market? Most people are happy enough using things like Woize and SkyPE. There's not that much of a reason for most people to want to use another SIP providers - except people using Finarea services, or Vonage i guess.

Guest Venger
It works fine. The only problem is that you can't delete a digit. So if you make a mistak dialing the number you'll have to restart sjphone. Not ideal, but better than nothing!

To answer the other posts... Cicerophone offer a server side solution which allows seamless roaming between WiFi and GSM. This is their money maker, and what they are trying to push.

The cicerophone client is completely brandable and they are pushing to get in with an operator who can supply it preloaded on their phones. This amounts to hundreds of thousands of client sales at the least, and posible sales of the server side solution too.

I agree they could make alot of money selling the client on its own, but i also think that would seriously jeaprodise any chances of a deal with an operator. I beleive this is the reason they are not all that interested in selling to individual users at this time.

Having said that, they may just miss that boat if SJphone or xten decide to make a smartphone version of their PPC clients. But then how big is the smartphone SIP client market? Most people are happy enough using things like Woize and SkyPE. There's not that much of a reason for most people to want to use another SIP providers - except people using Finarea services, or Vonage i guess.

no Kam, it's ok for delete a digit! try with the joystich, you can reach the "C" button.

i followed your instruction, and the quality on my Qtek 8300 is exceptional (respect skype for example).

but i found 2 problems...

1)i've a service like skypeIn, with a real numer..

no way for hear the sound of an incoming call...

2) often i've a message "broken application" ,pratically sjphone crash...

now i want to try with x-pro..

ABV i'm not sure of understand well...for your instruction, i need to have a ppc device?

Guest kam_
no Kam, it's ok for delete a digit! try with the joystich, you can reach the "C" button.

i followed your instruction, and the quality on my Qtek 8300 is exceptional (respect skype for example).

but i found 2 problems...

1)i've a service like skypeIn, with a real numer..

no way for hear the sound of an incoming call...

2) often i've a message "broken application" ,pratically sjphone crash...

now i want to try with x-pro..

ABV i'm not sure of understand well...for your instruction, i need to have a ppc device?

Maybe you should add the registry keys and see if that helps? I don't see a key for the 'ringing' sound, but maybe you can find it on the PC version and set it in the config there. Then copy the config as before and also copy the wav ringing sound to the right place?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fabiradi

Any news about CiceroPhone? I've been trying to get the software, too, and they don't answer.

Cicero is supposed to work on the Qtek 8310 and use the internal speaker like when you do a regular phone call. It integrates with your phonebook and the dialer.

Is it a fake or are there any serious users??

• 1 month later...
Guest gravity1

I am based in Dublin with a i-mate sp5m so i was also very interested in seeing if i could aquire a copy of Cicerophone so i emailed them but no reply! Today i called them and they will not entertain end users, they are only interested in carriers who want to offer their phones with Cicerophone preconfiged.

I was told that they have no plans to develop / release a standalone version for consumers!

Al

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know where I could get X-pro from?

Xten does not sell it anymore.

I tried SJphone but it's very dificult to use.

I would like to try x-pro but I can only find the eval version wich as expired the moment I installed it.

Thanks

OK I tried all programs mentioned here on my Qtek 8100 (WM2003). Looks like none will work.

Cicero won't sell it's product.

X-Pro doesn't exist any more but reported working on WM2003.

Ineen is a branded X-Pro (?) and it does launch in WM2003(!) but doesn't support SIP :rolleyes:

Woize not avalible for WM2003.

SJPhone won't launch on WM2003

So my question is: is there any SIP client for WM2003?

Guest duke_stix
1) go to sjlabs.com and download the PC version

2) Edit the SIP PC to PC profile and put in your account details for your sip provider.

3) Make a test call - YES from your PC, to be 100% sure you settings are correct

4) Extract the files in the zip to your phone. You should have the exe, dll and skin file in any directory you want to put it in, and the profiles (.ini files) in sub directory Profiles. For example:

\Storage Card\SjPhone\Default.skn

\Storage Card\SjPhone\SJphone.exe

\Storage Card\SjPhone\SJphoneSetup.dll

\Storage Card\SjPhone\Profiles\H.323 direct.ini

\Storage Card\SjPhone\Profiles\SIP direct.ini

NOTE to mods: The cab file is freely available at http://www.sjlabs.com/preview/ce/ (a link from their download page). I've extracted the files from it using WinCE manager and put them here. If thats not ok, then just delete the atachment and everyone can just do that step themselves!

5) copy the .ini file from your PC (c:\program files\sjlabs\sjphone\profiles i think) to the profiles directory on your phone.

6) launch sjphone on your phone

7) Hit left soft key and scroll to services. Select PC to PC (sip).

You may have to hit the left soft key and shutdown, then restart sjphone

Once its started, you can scroll to the dial box, and dial the number (hold * to change to numbers first), then scroll down to dial. Unfortunately you can't delete a digit you enter so its tricky!

Here's an export of the reg keys from the cab file:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Afd]

"DgramBuffer"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\URLProtocols\callto]

@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto\DefaultIcon]

@=hex(7):25,49,6e,73,74,61,6c,6c,44,69,72,25,5c,53,4a,70,68,6f,6e,65,2e,65,78,\

65,2c,31,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto]

"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto\Shell\open\command]

@="%InstallDir%\\SJphone.exe /callto %1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone]

"App"="%InstallDir%\\SJphone.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone]

"key1"="GQVV0-3OUI3-APJB4-TKEJ1-A1EGG"

"key2"="GQVV0-3OUI3-APJB4-TKEJ1-A1EGG"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\General]

"AddressBook"="\\%CE5%\\SJphone.xml"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\Call Logs]

"CallLogFileName"="\\%CE5%\\SJphone.clm"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\Profiles]

"ProfilesDir"="%InstallDir%\\Profiles"

"PersonalDataDir"="%InstallDir%\\Profiles"

"ActiveProfile"="C0DFB9E1-79A0-4749-844F-18EC3DE3629D"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SJLabs\SJvoip Project\SJphone\Options\RTP]

"RTPService"=dword:00000032

You don't need ANY of them to get it to work, but you may want to try to get the skin working by adding this one:

Of course replace %InstallDir% with where you install sjphone

Oh and here's a list of the identifiers in case you're wondering what they mean:

CE1 \Program Files

CE2 \Windows

CE4 \Windows Startup

CE5 \My Documents

CE11 \Windows\Start Menu\Programs

CE12 \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

CE14 \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games

CE15 \Windows\Fonts

CE17 \Windows\Start Menu

Hey

I've installed SJPhone on my computer, but i cant figure out where to enter my voip settings!

its just the address sip.XXXXXXXX.com and my user name that i need isnt it?

any help with this would be appreciated!

thanx

Not that i know of... but you can try to get PPC2003 versions of sjphone to work:

http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html

PPC CE.net, 2002, 2003 and wm5 beta's may also be worth a try:

http://www.sjphone.org/preview/ce/

good luck!

kam thanx for the suggestion.

I've tried them all by extracting the files from the cab and copying them to the phone. The error msg is now "SJPhone or one of it's components cannot be found". Any ideas?

Or maybe there is another X-Pro clone that supports SIP?

Its looking for a DLL that isn't present on your OS. Sometimes the dll is just for some obscure feature you might never use. In that case you can fake it.

Download PE explorer: http://www.heaventools.com/PE_Explorer_disassembler.htm

and use the dependancy scanner to find all the dll's the program wants/needs. Most will be windows ROM dll's like core.dll, but you may see a couple of others. See if there are 'hacks' for these on your OS and copy them into the same directory, otherwise just make up a file with the same name and put it in the directory.

Sometimes this works if the dll isn't used by the main program.

Guest Smartfon
OK I tried all programs mentioned here on my Qtek 8100 (WM2003). Looks like none will work.

Cicero won't sell it's product.

X-Pro doesn't exist any more but reported working on WM2003.

Ineen is a branded X-Pro (?) and it does launch in WM2003(!) but doesn't support SIP :(

Woize not avalible for WM2003.

SJPhone won't launch on WM2003

So my question is: is there any SIP client for WM2003?

The Company Peer2Phone is about to release a beta of their convergent GSM/WiFi softphone "Go-SIP" for PDAs and smartphones running WM2003, 2003SE, WM5 & WM6

(see below) A non convergent version will also be released for PC, Mac Os X and Linux.

post-212656-1162517225_thumb.jpg

The release is free with a small ad on the main screen.

it's SIP V2 compliant and works with Vonage, VoIPBuster, SIPphone, ... any SIP account

The company is looking for beta testers who own PDAPhones & Smartphones... download site is coming soon : should be online in the coming days (around november 15).

If you're interested, send a request to 'sales at peer2phone dot com'

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
Guest dishe
The Company Peer2Phone is about to release a beta of their convergent GSM/WiFi softphone "Go-SIP" for PDAs and smartphones running WM2003, 2003SE, WM5 & WM6

(see below) A non convergent version will also be released for PC, Mac Os X and Linux.

post-212656-1162517225_thumb.jpg

The release is free with a small ad on the main screen.

it's SIP V2 compliant and works with Vonage, VoIPBuster, SIPphone, ... any SIP account

The company is looking for beta testers who own PDAPhones & Smartphones... download site is coming soon : should be online in the coming days (around november 15).

If you're interested, send a request to 'sales at peer2phone dot com'

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

I tried the free one, go-sip, and it felt like a hostile take over of my device.

One of the things I like about SJphone is that you can turn it on when you need it, and totally close it when you don't.

After practically freezing my SP5 upon booting up, I un-installed it.

Has anyone had any good experiences with go-sip? Does it really work?