The C550 Rom Petition

Guest greenturtle

Guest mini_man

A lot of people have been asking about a new offical rom for the c550,

orange keep releasing new roms onto the nelwly bought c550s and they seem to resolve some bugs.

This is a petition for orange to release an offical rom update.

when we have enough results this will be forwarded too orange.

Hopefully a moderator will make this a sticky.

please sign your post number, name and user name

1.) mini_man

Sam Rosen

Guest fluffcat1

Don't have any issues with a c550 but it would be useful. I note the c500 still receives rom updates ( at least from orange switzerland )

2) fluffcat1

Richard Anderson

Guest awarner [MVP]

Unfortunately I can not see a petition working as it never has in the past.

It's a shame but from past experience Orange tend to do their own thing and not to listen to what the customers actually want.

They are also known for releasing updates late, if at all.

Guest Dark Horse
A lot of people have been asking about a new offical rom for the c550,

orange keep releasing new roms onto the nelwly bought c550s and they seem to resolve some bugs.

This is a petition for orange to release an offical rom update.

when we have enough results this will be forwarded too orange.

Hopefully a moderator will make this a sticky.

please sign your post number, name and user name

1.) mini_man

Sam Rosen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see the point in this. What bugs are we talking about and where are the people clamouring for ROM updates? Often, it appears that people want a ROM upgrade just for the hell of it when it doesn't really offer anything useful in the way of bug fixes or functionaility. Indeed, one of the C500 ROM updates actually made the handset slower if I recall!

And as Mr Warner said, Orange don't entertain the idea of petitions forcing them to release ROM's for whatever reason. I've not had any probs with the C550 so am curious as to what bugs a ROM upgrade would fix.

Regards,

Dark Horse

I don't see the point in this. What bugs are we talking about and where are the people clamouring for ROM updates? Often, it appears that people want a ROM upgrade just for the hell of it when it doesn't really offer anything useful in the way of bug fixes or functionaility. Indeed, one of the C500 ROM updates actually made the handset slower if I recall!

And as Mr Warner said, Orange don't entertain the idea of petitions forcing them to release ROM's for whatever reason. I've not had any probs with the C550 so am curious as to what bugs a ROM upgrade would fix.

Regards,

Dark Horse

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, why don't you look at the volume problems section. After all, it is a phone we are talking about. What kind of phone will it be, if you can't put your ear on it?

Guest a.greig
Well, why don't you look at the volume problems section. After all, it is a phone we are talking about. What kind of phone will it be, if you can't put your ear on it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The volume control on my C550 barely works. If I press the volume control repeatedly sometimes the volume slider pops up. Then moves a tiny bit before vanishing. This is extremely annoying especially if the slider sticks on minimum volume.

As loads of people seems to be reporting this extremly major malfunction (after all it's a phone!!) what on earth are orange playing at in not releasing an upgrade? I just bought the C550 and it may go back because of this.

Guest mini_man

kl 3 signs! thanks everyone well i cant really say much cos everyone has answered my questions.

with the emails im sending i am pretty positive of a rom update.

Guest mini_man

Im really sorry if this sounds out of order, or mean or anything but i really think this petitition could work, so if you do agree with this please can you follow the petition instructions at the top,

just edit your posts.

sorry to be a pain

very greatfully,

Sam