"Request delivery notifications" for SMS

Guest scsi

After a send a SMS message, I get a system message saying "Message sent", but never anything else.

I thought that "Message sent" actually was the confirmation, but I get this message even if the "Request delivery notifications" option is off.

I guess that I should get a message saying something like "Message delivered" or something like that, but nothing.

How does the confirmation actually look like?

Guest rsearley
After a send a SMS message, I get a system message saying "Message sent", but never anything else.

I thought that "Message sent" actually was the confirmation, but I get this message even if the "Request delivery notifications" option is off.

I guess that I should get a message saying something like "Message delivered" or something like that, but nothing.

How does the confirmation actually look like?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Message sent is just a system message advising that the message has left your device and thats it.. it does not mean that the message had been or will be delivered

the delivery request is normally in the form of a txt message advising that you message has been delivered

So sonce I never get the notification, even though the option is turned on in my phone, the problem must be with my operator.

Thats why I am wondering if this works for anyone else (to exclude the possibility of this being a device related problem).

Guest rsearley
So sonce I never get the notification, even though the option is turned on in my phone, the problem must be with my operator.

Thats why I am wondering if this works for anyone else (to exclude the possibility of this being a device related problem).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have a sp5m on orange

when writing a message i goto menu/message option and tick the 'request message delivery' this has to be done for every message

within second of the message being delivered i get a text message from 'system administrator' that says 'the message you sent to 07971 xxxxx has been delivered'

Strange, when I start writing a new message, and go into "Menu -> Message options", the option is checked (on) by default.

This has probably to do with the "Request delivery notifications" option in general SMS settings.

However, with both option enabled, I still don't get the delivery report.

Nothing seems to be working right with O2 pay&go. :)

Edited by scsi