2003 upgrade

Guest ironsoulreaver

Guest ironsoulreaver

ok so my phone got here today and it is the 2002 version!!!!!

and i have v.who4 i have read alot about people frying their phones when doing this. ho much of a risk is it to upgradE?

i was also wondering if there was any place known to get the OS upgrade for free? i googled and googled to no avail! but if anything i will just go have it upgraded

Guest larsdennert
ok so my phone got here today and it is the 2002 version!!!!!

and i have v.who4 i have read alot about people frying their phones when doing this. ho much of a risk is it to upgradE?

i was also wondering if there was any place known to get the OS upgrade for free? i googled and googled to no avail! but if anything i will just go have it upgraded

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still have all the files on my server at http://www.larsdennert.com/misc and click on smartphone. THIS IS THE VERIZON UPGRADE. I did mine no problem but you have to follow the instructions exactly. any deviation in order and your fired. PDAphonehome.com has a bunch of stuff.

I hate verizon. They sneaked away my data plan and started charging me an arm and a leg.

Guest ironsoulreaver

yea they tried that with me too... i told them not to put my on date.. i didnt want internet at all... they said ok but put it on.. called em back up and they took it off... so now my internet is free!. it dosent come out of my minutes. nor does it charge data... just log in with your user name as q2n instead of your phone number no clue if ittle work on this phone though... haven tried yet

Thanks allot man

Edited by ironsoulreaver

Guest larsdennert

Since the phone is pretty slow anyway and I only use it as a modem when there's no wifi, I programmed it with the dial up service that comes with with SBC DSL. I think it's only 14400 and takes longer to connect but that's plenty. The phone usually chokes on large complex webpages and can't make use of the 1X service anyway. A laptop could easily though.

Now I'm back to minutes only usage and therefore free nights and weekend internet. Showed those bastards. :evil:

See Start, Settings, Data Connections, Menu, Edit Connections, Dialup, Menu, Add. Also set the time out under Options to 5min and the redial to 2. Then select your new connection as the default.