Remaping SDA II buttons

Guest glogloman

Guest glogloman

I have C550 with SDA II ROM (for new langauages in it..) and i want to set/remap the four music buttons back to WMP (and then to TCMP with tweak)..

I found this:

I don't have a c550 to test this on but...

In your \Windows folder there should be a bunch of shortcut files called SHORT_blah.lnk where blah is the name of each of the buttons. AP1 .. AP4

Could somone try pointing these shortcuts at different exe files and let me know the results?  If you don't have these files in your windows folder could you try making one?

As they're read-only files you may have to copy them with file manager to the storage card, make them writable before making changes and copying back

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but i can't overwrite this shortcuts in /Windows/ :D

Please can any user of C550 send me this four shortcuts from /Windows/ :

SHORT_AP1.lnk, SHORT_AP2.lnk, SHORT_AP3.lnk and SHORT_AP4.lnk?

And how i can overwrite anythink in /Windows/ directory? It seems that it is overwriten, but after Soft-Reset it is back in default.. :?:

Thanx in advance :)

Guest glogloman

I use CopyFiles utility by Mossywell.. but it doesn't help me:( Because after SR it is back to default.. I have full-unlocked phone.. Any other advice please.. :idea:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I do the remapping with the help of CopyFiles utlity and I haven't encountered any problem with it on m C550 (Orange ROM). It could be that CopyFiles is not loading on startup that is why no \Windows files are patched on your phone.

Have you used the SDA Unlocker before?

Guest glogloman

Now it is OK.. :) Maybe the problem was that as you said with no loading CopyFiles on startup.. But i still need THE ORIGINAL SHORTCUTS FROM ORANGE ROM FOR 4 MEDIA BUTTONS (SHORT_AP1 - 4.lnk).. Because when i set the shortcuts to wmplayer.exe i can't then in WMP assign the Previous, Play/Pause and Next buttons to their functions.. They are still as one same button in WMP :?:

Please can someone send me them..? Thanx very MUCH in advance.. :D

Edited by glogloman

Guest glogloman

No..!!! I don't need the SDA II LNKs files.. i need LNKs, which are on C550.. for music buttons..

So.. can some C550 user send me this 4 LNKs files or their texts, which is inside.. :??: :??: :??: PLEEEEEEEASE.. :)

Guest glogloman

Sorry.. but i didn't want to yelling, if that seem it.. :oops:

It is interessing.. you have only one *.lnk file in Windows directory on your C550 and inside it is shortcut to calendar :??: How it's possible? :shock: That in C550 must be the 4 *.lnk files for 4 multimedia buttons, mustn't? And inside can't be shortcut to calendar, can be? Which action does your "Prev." button when nothing run on your C550, please? Thanx.. :)

Guest glogloman

I know that we have different ROMs.. But how it is done on Orange ROM that the buttons their functions without *.lnk files :??: On T-Mobile ROM is *.lnk files with shortcuts to programs..

So.. can i have one more question please? :) Do you know other solution of my problem.. :roll: :idea:

I read your toppic about remapping buttons on C550 to TCPMP.. but i think when i haven't got Orange player and when i use WMP for playing MP3 that this doesn't help me now.. :D But when i'll have functionable media buttons on my Orange SPV C550 with T-Mobile SDA II ROM.. i'll use it too, because i use TCPMP for playing films.. :D

Thanx once more for your time for me :)