OmapClock

Guest NoNafs

Guest lescargot

I get I/O error when i try to run it. My C500 is application unlocked (by Orange and hav also tried the reg edit method with sim unlock). Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Iain

I get I/O error when i try to run it.  My C500 is application unlocked (by Orange and hav also tried the reg edit method with sim unlock).  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Iain

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, i hav an smt5600 with a sp3 rom, errthing unlocked. I can only run the program man, not troubleshoot, sorry.

Guest Mr.Clark
I get I/O error when i try to run it.  My C500 is application unlocked (by Orange and hav also tried the reg edit method with sim unlock).  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Iain

I get that too...

James - I'm not trying to overclock for the sake of it. I honestly believe that the C500 doesn't have enough processing power to do everything it should. I mainly use it for music, calls and texts, and quite often, the music will "chug" for a few seconds after changing tracks.

Guest Mr.Clark

I've fixed the I/O error thing.

I flashed to the i-mate ROM (because I wanted to get rid of the Orange bloat, not as a possible fix) and got the same error. Then I ran SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe (here) and it seems to be running. I have no way of benchmarking it though...

Edited by Mr.Clark

• 1 month later...
Guest maxbamus

I got C500 with OmapOMAP730 WM2005, at 180mhz with JBenchmark I got 6240 points, at 192mhz that is the official maximum I got 6849 points , at 204Mhz I got 7253 points.This is about 1000 points more ;)

At 216MHz - 7904 points. If you want to "fry" your phone as they say try more...

Edited by maxbamus

Guest jameshpg

hey guys,

i have omapclock running with my spv c600. it says that my current clock is 180 Mhz. What speed is the maximum should I overclock to?

I DO NOT WANT TO FRY ME PHONE!!! SAFE OVERCLOCK SPEEDS ???

thanks

jameshpg

Guest maxbamus
hey guys,

i have omapclock running with my spv c600. it says that my current clock is 180 Mhz. What speed is the maximum should I overclock to?

I DO NOT WANT TO FRY ME PHONE!!! SAFE OVERCLOCK SPEEDS ???

thanks

jameshpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

216Mhz is Ok

Guest jutley
216Mhz is Ok

Hi guys i have a spv c600 and flashed it to imate sp5 rom i use omap overclock at 252mhz works fine also running tomtom 5.20 with no problems

Guest Wombleuk
Hi guys i have a spv c600 and flashed it to imate sp5 rom i use omap overclock at 252mhz works fine also running tomtom 5.20 with no problems

Hi,

new to this. As this appears to be command line only, where do you put the command?

thx

Graham

Guest Wombleuk
Hi,

new to this. As this appears to be command line only, where do you put the command?

thx

Graham

So, no-one can tell me how to get this to run automatically at startup (and pass it parameters)?

Guest Wombleuk
You'd have to run it every time you use the phone. Check out TornadoPowerControl as an automated way to do this.

Going round in circles here - that has command line arguments as well, which is what prompted my question!

Luckily there was a keyword there that moved me in the right direction and I have now solved the problem.

Guest Wombleuk
Going round in circles here - that has command line arguments as well, which is what prompted my question!

Luckily there was a keyword there that moved me in the right direction and I have now solved the problem.

OK, I've now got it to start up when I switch on my phone.

How do I keep the clock set to 216mhz?

It keeps going back to the default setting (180).

Is this intentional or is it maybe something to with the Autokeylock program I'm running?

thx

Guest Islanti
OK, I've now got it to start up when I switch on my phone.

How do I keep the clock set to 216mhz?

It keeps going back to the default setting (180).

You'd have to run it every time you use the phone. Check out TornadoPowerControl as an automated way to do this.

Umm... didn't this answer your question already?

• 2 months later...
Guest (CFH)

Does exist any similar application for the typhoon? I have an i-mate SP3 and I can't keep the clock to a higher speed, as it goes back to the default setting when the screen turns off.

Guest genaldar

I've read either on here or on howard how you can get it to run and set the speed everytime you start up (or come back from powersave mode or whatever). But to be honest it's probably not the best idea. If your phone locks up because you overclocked too far and then you reboot and it returns to the same speed it will just loop. Turn on, overclock, overheat, shutdown, turn on, overclock, overheat, shutdown, etc. And even if you think you've found a stable speed you can't really be sure how it affects your phone if it runs at that speed for hours on end. Personally I just got in the habit of bumping up the clock right after I startup.

Guest (CFH)

Ok, thanks for the reply. I know how to set the phone to overclock at startup, but not when it comes back from powersave mode. Could you tell me how to? I've searched on several forums before posting and i didn't find anything about this. My idea is setting it to 192 MHz, wich is the official maximum, so i don't think this will affect the phone.

Edited by (CFH)

Guest genaldar

Sorry I don't know how. I just remember the discussion over at howards (it may've even been here). Since my phone doesn't go into powersave I never really paid close attention.

Guest Senapone
Can I ask what speed is the phone at if untouched? I.e. when brand new, without overclocking.

I'm almost sure the normal clock is 180mhz

• 3 weeks later...