Save SMS (text messages) on a PC from my C550

Guest silvercheater

Guest silvercheater

hiya....i installed a homescreen the other day on my spv c550 and which dint fully work so i had to uninstall it...howevr my fone dint alow me to do so...therefore i just changed my homescreen anyway leavin dat one still installed...however i realised that homescreen also changed the dialer images and main volume images (as in the images appear when the volume button the side of the phone is pressed or a number is dailed using the keypad) and now after i hav changed the homescreen it wont change the volume and the dailer appears all white as the bg image is missin...

sowy i guess its a confusin situation howeva thats not the main problem...

i know this may b resolved if i try hard reset BUT!!!!

i have some very important text messages that i need to save either on my computer or somewhere before i can reset the phone as i believe the reset would also empty my messages folder..

can someone please help me out and tell me if there is a possible way to save text messages on to the computer and than back on the fone again after ive done the reset...even iv they dont go bak on to the fone its fine as long as i hav them saved on an alternate location...is this possible?? ill b highly obliged for da assistance....thanx

hiya....i installed a homescreen the other day on my spv c550 and which dint fully work so i had to uninstall it...howevr my fone dint alow me to do so...therefore i just changed my homescreen anyway leavin dat one still installed...however i realised that homescreen also changed the dialer images and main volume images (as in the images appear when the volume button the side of the phone is pressed or a number is dailed using the keypad) and now after i hav changed the homescreen it wont change the volume and the dailer appears all white as the bg image is missin...

sowy i guess its a confusin situation howeva thats not the main problem...

i know this may b resolved if i try hard reset BUT!!!!

i have some very important text messages that i need to save either on my computer or somewhere before i can reset the phone as i believe the reset would also empty my messages folder..

can someone please help me out and tell me if there is a possible way to save text messages on to the computer and than back on the fone again after ive done the reset...even iv they dont go bak on to the fone its fine as long as i hav them saved on an alternate location...is this possible?? ill b highly obliged for da assistance....thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you may use any third party application that has copy and paste commands. open your sms message and copy the content then open notepad (or any text editor app) and paste the sms contets there.

another method is by using InfoSharp. It can export sms to text file automatically.

Guest nevawlkalone

i use sp studio.....no offence abhayseth but i find it way better to use...coz u can import them all ore one or two as a sps file or a text file then restore them all back to your phone at a later date!

Plus it free

@silvercheater...have you tried UNINSTALLING the homescreen? Start>settings>add remove progs>(look for the homescreen name)

Hope this helps!

Guest abhayseth

:)

Agreed "Nevawlkalone" - its free. But u can use the same function in Jeyo too..! the advantage there is that its sycned with Outlook - & gets stored in Inbox plus you can create ur subfolders if required. :idea: :idea:

i use sp studio.....no offence abhayseth but i find it way better to use...coz u can import them all ore one or two as a sps file or a text file then restore them all back to your phone at a later date!

Plus it free

@silvercheater...have you tried UNINSTALLING the homescreen?  Start>settings>add remove progs>(look for the homescreen name)

Hope this helps!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest nevawlkalone

yeah true...but...the sub folders arnt stored on the phone......

if all you want to do is back 'em up on ur pc use spstudio....if u want 'em as text files use spstudio

if u want them all in outlook synced everytime you connect use jeyo...its all personal prefernce....

i used both n like i said, found sp much better for what i needed!

Guest hey_tim
yeah true...but...the sub folders arnt stored on the phone......

if all you want to do is back 'em up on ur pc use spstudio....if u want 'em as text files use spstudio

if u want them all in outlook synced everytime you connect use jeyo...its all personal prefernce....

i used both n like i said, found sp much better for what i needed!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have a link for sp studio?

Thanks,

Tim.

Guest silvercheater

hahaha...nice to c some intrest in my problem but thanx anyways guys i had to giv up da msgs as the fone was becomin too anoyin n i had to do a reset without being able to save messages and bythe time i chked this place and saw some possible solutions i had already reset the phone but its all good...thanks once again folks