Orange GPRS settings for XDA Mini S

Guest SkUk21

• 1 month later...
Guest Schooleydoo
Hi, I just posted here with similar probs...

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=ST&f=164&t=234315&st=0

Hope somebody can help as I tried everything going! ;)

Cheers,

FuzzyDweeb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Fuzzy,

Well looks like youve got further than me! I also had to tell them i had an mpv :roll:

Anyway, what gprs settings did you put in to get it working? Dont really use mms but i badly need mobile web!

Cheers mate ;)

Guest FuzzyDweeb
Hey Fuzzy,

Well looks like youve got further than me! I also had to tell them i had an mpv  :roll:

Anyway, what gprs settings did you put in to get it working? Dont really use mms but i badly need mobile web!

Cheers mate  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi yes it gets worse when you get to mms ;)

Ok to get Orange Internet at least use these just like this below on O2 XDA Mini S...

Name: Orange GPRS

Modem: Celluar Line (GPRS)

Access point name: orangeinternet

Username: (blank)

Password: (blank)

Domian: (blank)

Leave 'Advance' tab alone as nothing should be in there.

Hit Finish

On Connections->Advanced->Select Networks I have...

First drop down box.. Orange GPRS selected.

Then tick 'This network connects to the internet' and

then also tick 'This network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet'

Then on the 'Advanced' tab enter for WAP 192.168.071.035 Port 9201

That will allow your browser and email and msn to work with Orange GPRS Internet at least but MMS is a different set of settings (in the other post link above)

that will not work for me - but get Internet working first at least like me ;)

Hope that helps ok.

Edited by FuzzyDweeb

Guest FuzzyDweeb

Not sure how I managed that ;)

Anyway...

Ok cool your now in the same boat as me then and no probs!!!.

I've not given up yet on the o2xdamini v Orange mms battle yet as I reckon I'm getting closer by the day to the real answer.

The guy here that posted somewhere that his O2 Xda Exec works with Orange MMS is the only hope left. If he got his working (not unsimilar to the mini s in terms of connection at least) then there is hope that Orange were wrong to tell me that O2 devices like this accessing their mms ports are blocked - I'm beginning to think this is true actually heh as when you send an mms the device must send some sort of ID with it about the device itself - hence the problem perhaps I don't know.

Anyway yes if you get it working tell me, as i'm goin mms mad here. Not that I will really use it much I just want it to work god damn it!!! ;)

Furthermore I wish Orange data team would read these posts for more training (live in hope) and that somebody really clever could write a decent 3rd party mms client for Windows 5 Pocket PC's that worked - you know what... I for one would buy it right now!.

Edited by FuzzyDweeb

Guest Pete2

Heres a couple of cab files with the orange pay&go settings and the orange contract settings for gprs.

To install - download then copy and paste into active sync folder for pda, the when synced use file explorer on pda and find them (should be in my documents) and tap on them - they should install settings automatically.

Hope its what you're after.

Orange_UK_Contract_PPC_V2.0.CAB

Orange_UK_PAYG_PPC_V2.0.CAB

Guest FuzzyDweeb
Heres a couple of cab files with the orange pay&go settings and the orange contract settings for gprs.

To install - download then copy and paste into active sync folder for pda, the when synced use file explorer on pda and find them (should be in my documents) and tap on them - they should install settings automatically.

Hope its what you're after.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many thanks! I will give them a go (well PAYG one at least as thats what I'm on here) and report back here either way ;)

Cheers,

FuzzyDweeb

Guest FuzzyDweeb
Many thanks! I will give them a go (well PAYG one at least as thats what I'm on here) and report back here either way ;)

Cheers,

FuzzyDweeb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK here is what I did ;)

I downloaded the PAYG cab... installed on the device...

Then I rebooted the device from the power button after a 10 second wait...

Oddly enough then I noticed that it had changed by background wallpaper to default windows one heh - so I chanegd it back to my normal one :(

Then before sending an mms I examined the settings and they looked the same except that MMS server name was now marked as not Orange MMS but Orange PAYG MMSC.

Then I sent a basic mms to my wife - it did'nt work :/

Then I reexamined the settings an noticed that the cab I installed had changed the mms settings but not my actual MMS GPRS settings in connections - ok I thought...

so then I went back to the MMS config settings in messaging and noticed that it was trying to now dial out using Orange GPRS for internet so I pointed it to dial using my Orange MMS settings instead, then sent an mms to my wife and bugger me it worked! :)

Conclusion the only difference here is that the server name on Orange PAYG is now set to Orange PAYG MMSC and not Orange MMS other than all the methods I have tried before - so that must be it as it works now.

The fact that the cab tried to reroute the dialup settings via my already setup Orange GPRS Internet settings and not my already setup Orange MMS settings was odd tho?. But after chaging that small detail back to normal and the fact that the server name is now set at Orange PAYG MMSC - that must be what was stopping my sending the mms int he first place even tho I could connect to Orange MMS in the first place but not actually send or recieve anything!.

Thank you muchly Pete2! for the cab and thank the lord and thank all! - may this help anybody else who has come to the same point I did in future.

Just for the record my settings to get Orange MMS on Orange PAYG Sim on O2 XDA Mini S are:

Connections->Advanced->Select Networks 'Second Drop down box' (first box if for GRPS Internet)

Orange MMS (this is the name of the settings!)

Orange MMS (yes same again for actual connection name!)

Modem: Cellular (GPRS)

APN: orangemms

User/Pass/Domain: all blank

Nothing else set here so finish.

Tip: Quit and try to actually connect to Orange MMS over GPRS with this new connection first by holding stylus on connection and select connect, if it connects and stays connected that means the first bit is right!.

Then goto Messaging->Menu->MMS Configuration

Tick on Retrieve messages immediately

Tick on Save sent messages

Leave everything else off regards ticks for now

Attempts before giving up = 1 (use this to save fannying about for testing purposes

)

Photo resolution: QQVGA (160x120) remember mms must be <=100K on Orange network only.

Then hit Servers Tab (this is the interesting part for me at least)

You should have...

Server Name: Orange PAYG MMSC <- this is important bit if you are on Orange PAYG and not contract!!!

Gateway: 192.168.224.10

Port Number: 9201

Server Address: http://mms.orange.co.uk/

Connect Via: Orange MMS (as it should be NOT via GPRS Orange Internet of course)

Size limit: 100K (you can change it anyway)

Wap Version: 1.2

Done! try sending an mms now to yourself or somebody you know to check - it works and all because it seems of the server name which I thougth was just the name assigned to the connection on the phone - obviously not it must be sent along with the connection sequence to Orange, so all that poo about being barred

from Orange MMS server by Orange data team for alien device ID, was as initially suspected - total arse! :)

Why they could'nt tell me this on the phone knowing I was on PAYG is beyond me and that a user on here called Pete2 is the real king of the day - cheers! may good fortune smile upon you mate for sure as without your input I would never of tracked it down to this one simple thing I don't think.

Over and out.

FuzzyDweeb.

Edited by FuzzyDweeb

• 1 year later...
Guest Peaterg
OK here is what I did ;)

I downloaded the PAYG cab... installed on the device...

Then I rebooted the device from the power button after a 10 second wait...

Oddly enough then I noticed that it had changed by background wallpaper to default windows one heh - so I chanegd it back to my normal one :(

Then before sending an mms I examined the settings and they looked the same except that MMS server name was now marked as not Orange MMS but Orange PAYG MMSC.

Then I sent a basic mms to my wife - it did'nt work :/

Then I reexamined the settings an noticed that the cab I installed had changed the mms settings but not my actual MMS GPRS settings in connections - ok I thought...

so then I went back to the MMS config settings in messaging and noticed that it was trying to now dial out using Orange GPRS for internet so I pointed it to dial using my Orange MMS settings instead, then sent an mms to my wife and bugger me it worked! :D

Conclusion the only difference here is that the server name on Orange PAYG is now set to Orange PAYG MMSC and not Orange MMS other than all the methods I have tried before - so that must be it as it works now.

The fact that the cab tried to reroute the dialup settings via my already setup Orange GPRS Internet settings and not my already setup Orange MMS settings was odd tho?. But after chaging that small detail back to normal and the fact that the server name is now set at Orange PAYG MMSC - that must be what was stopping my sending the mms int he first place even tho I could connect to Orange MMS in the first place but not actually send or recieve anything!.

Thank you muchly Pete2! for the cab and thank the lord and thank all! - may this help anybody else who has come to the same point I did in future.

Just for the record my settings to get Orange MMS on Orange PAYG Sim on O2 XDA Mini S are:

Connections->Advanced->Select Networks 'Second Drop down box' (first box if for GRPS Internet)

Orange MMS (this is the name of the settings!)

Orange MMS (yes same again for actual connection name!)

Modem: Cellular (GPRS)

APN: orangemms

User/Pass/Domain: all blank

Nothing else set here so finish.

Tip: Quit and try to actually connect to Orange MMS over GPRS with this new connection first by holding stylus on connection and select connect, if it connects and stays connected that means the first bit is right!.

Then goto Messaging->Menu->MMS Configuration

Tick on Retrieve messages immediately

Tick on Save sent messages

Leave everything else off regards ticks for now

Attempts before giving up = 1 (use this to save fannying about for testing purposes

)

Photo resolution: QQVGA (160x120) remember mms must be <=100K on Orange network only.

Then hit Servers Tab (this is the interesting part for me at least)

You should have...

Server Name: Orange PAYG MMSC <- this is important bit if you are on Orange PAYG and not contract!!!

Gateway: 192.168.224.10

Port Number: 9201

Server Address: http://mms.orange.co.uk/

Connect Via: Orange MMS (as it should be NOT via GPRS Orange Internet of course)

Size limit: 100K (you can change it anyway)

Wap Version: 1.2

Done! try sending an mms now to yourself or somebody you know to check - it works and all because it seems of the server name which I thougth was just the name assigned to the connection on the phone - obviously not it must be sent along with the connection sequence to Orange, so all that poo about being barred

from Orange MMS server by Orange data team for alien device ID, was as initially suspected - total arse! :)

Why they could'nt tell me this on the phone knowing I was on PAYG is beyond me and that a user on here called Pete2 is the real king of the day - cheers! may good fortune smile upon you mate for sure as without your input I would never of tracked it down to this one simple thing I don't think.

Over and out.

FuzzyDweeb.

WOOO!!!!!!!!!

FuzzyDweeb ur a star man - cheers for putting all this in a nice easy to follow post, thanks also to Pete2 for helping make work for me too¬!!!

• 2 years later...
Guest micksay
Hi yes it gets worse when you get to mms :D

Ok to get Orange Internet at least use these just like this below on O2 XDA Mini S...

Name: Orange GPRS

Modem: Celluar Line (GPRS)

Access point name: orangeinternet

Username: (blank)

Password: (blank)

Domian: (blank)

Leave 'Advance' tab alone as nothing should be in there.

Hit Finish

You are a star thanks m8 :(

On Connections->Advanced->Select Networks I have...

First drop down box.. Orange GPRS selected.

Then tick 'This network connects to the internet' and

then also tick 'This network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet'

Then on the 'Advanced' tab enter for WAP 192.168.071.035 Port 9201

That will allow your browser and email and msn to work with Orange GPRS Internet at least but MMS is a different set of settings (in the other post link above)

that will not work for me - but get Internet working first at least like me ;)

Hope that helps ok.