Zone-MR

Beta Software - Windows Mobile PTT

NOTE: The trial is currently paused while we are preparing an updated version of the software. Thanks go to everyone who took part

Edited by Zone-MR

o nice, will try it now......... :)

hold '0' is a bit of a pain!

i will try to be logged in all day if anyone wants to test it... not found anyone to test it on yet!?

Pocket PC or Smartphone?

where do you hold down '0' on Pocket PC?

...I'd be happy to give it a go...exactly what is it though?

Cheers

Nick

Pust To Talk...

you log into a 'channel' with your mate/s then you are able to use your phones like multi way radios! across GPRS or the interned via active sync... its really neat, me and a friend have been trying it today but i cant press '0' because i dont have one.. but he can on his C500 and it comes through to me about 1 second later..

In the next build, the '0' key will be remapped to the action key. In the mean time you can use the on-screen keyboard, but it's a little uncomfortable.

Update: The new file build is now uploaded - the link remains the same.

Edited by Zone-MR

I get the message" The trust level for this phone is too low. It appears that your phone is Application Locked".

But I have unlocked at the Orange developers site.

What can I do to get it working?

I want to play too.

Thanks.

WOW, that is soooooooo handy! Thanks!

The only thing is... why does it repeat what I say? Surely you'd only want to hear what other people are saying!?

How do I change my name/ID? I notice you're Zone-MR but I'm stuck with a code! ;)

dolphinsmile, try running SDA_ApplicationUnlock.

How do I change my name/ID? I notice you're Zone-MR but I'm stuck with a code!
Madeye, the account registration system isn't yet implemented. This means I have to do it manually. For the time being, simply PM me your ID code, and I'll change the username for you.

The only thing is... why does it repeat what I say? Surely you'd only want to hear what other people are saying!?

That'll be a user configurable option in the future. I can imagine some people will find the echo of sent messages helpful. For example, due to GPRS latency message order can be swapped if someone starts talking before an incoming message starts playing - the echo lets you know when your message was played back in a conversation with others. It also lets you know if your message was understandable or if there were any problems with the quality of recording, etc.

Edited by Zone-MR

As you know Zone-MR SDA ApplicationUnlock worked well thanks.

"That'll be a user configurable option in the future. I can imagine some people will find the echo of sent messages helpful. For example, due to GPRS latency message order can be swapped if someone starts talking before an incoming message starts playing - the echo lets you know when your message was played back in a conversation with others. It also lets you know if your message was understandable or if there were any problems with the quality of recording, etc."

When I spoke to you initially using passthrough the echo was there but as soon as I pulled the USB cable, GPRS took over but the echo had gone and personal I missed it. User Options on Echo would be of use to me.

Great work and fun, Thanks.

Good thinking with the echo thing, makes sense now.

I read the "must register" bit when I installed it and spent ages looking for a way to do it, even searching for a website you may have had... it was way too late. :oops:

I'll get u a pm over... thanks again! This is really nice software!

Some ideas for your beta (I'm in no way telling you it's shortfalls, just putting in some suggestions.

- load at startup option

- favourite rooms list

- voice alteration

- skinnable background / 'caller' ID photos

- save converstaion option

- multiple rooms (switchable on demand)

- whats the difference between exit & forced exit?

This is the first time I've been truely interested in beta software for my phone... strange but true.

Some nice suggestions Madeye ;) Many of them are already planned for the next release. Multiple rooms are already implemented - you can join any channel, not just 'mco'.

Forced exit is just for debugging and isn't normally used - normal exit logs off the server and cleanly exits the software. Forced exit kills the proccess in case normal exit didn't work.

Time for a more public beta test - Mods: please move this thread outside of the Plus-only area.

Edited by Zone-MR

I get the secrity trust warning thingy but my phone IS app unlocked!

You'll need to run SDA_ApplicationUnlock to completely disable certificate security.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

okie dokie..ill try that now

okie dokie..ill try that now

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Groovey, that worked..all i need now are the correct settings to run GPRS on my SPV with a PAYG sim card....

Is it possible to talk between two phones that are directly connected via Wifi (ad-hoc connection) or does this solution need internet access?

Is it possible to talk between two phones that are directly connected via Wifi (ad-hoc connection) or does this solution need internet access?

The current version needs internet access (all messages are relayed via a server).

The current version needs internet access (all messages are relayed via a server).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, okay. You say "the current version". Does that mean that you have informations that future versions will work without internet access?

I imagine how great such a Wifi Voice chat would be. ;)

I say "current version" because I'm not ruling out the possibility of adding such a feature in a future build, however this functionallity is not currently planned.

Even when I pick to install to the Storage Card, it would not install there. It puts it to the Program Files of the device (ex: \Program Files). Is this a bug?

Thanks,

rperalta

Holy FRAK!

This thing is awsome.

A couple of issues on my ETEN M600 (WM5 PPC Phone Edition)

1. Hide and the "OK" button doesn't work

2. The volume is very low

Is there anyway to run the program in the background, and assign the talk key to the "Record" key, or even make it user defineable?

Also, the device ID, will there be a way to customize it so it's more identifiable to friends.

Thanks, great job on the app, I've always thought this would be a killer app for windows mobile, I hope it becomes very popular!

Tariq.

Its a great app

I guess in the future the following will be made avaliable?

Option to activate a sound / vibrate on the other mobiles to attract attention

Option to message individual devices

Ability to save channels