hard reset for c600

Guest laiththearab

Guest Jamma14

Laith, you could try "clear storage" under the accessories menu which does the same thing - remember to back up everything you want first though.

Also have you tried editing the profiles settings (from vibrate and ring, no vibrate, vibrate then ring etc to see if it makes any difference).

Also try setting vibrate as your ringtone, see if that helps at all.

James

Guest laiththearab
Laith, you could try "clear storage" under the accessories menu which does the same thing - remember to back up everything you want first though.

Also have you tried editing the profiles settings (from vibrate and ring, no vibrate, vibrate then ring etc to see if it makes any difference).

Also try setting vibrate as your ringtone, see if that helps at all.

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks james , I have no idea how .... but it works kept faffing about with all the settings and eventually mustve done something right

thanks again for all ur help tho

Guest djleekee

I have just got Orange Care to talk me through how to hard reset my C600 as the texting and phone-call side of things werent working!

These are the instructions given:-

1) Turn phone off

2) Remove your memory card

3) Leave phone switched off and hold down both soft buttons

4) Whilst holding down both soft buttons now press the power button in for one second - release the power button but keep holding soft buttons

5) The screen should go black. Now press the 'zero' button whilst still keeping both soft buttons pressed to reset the phone.

6) You are now free to stop holding those damn soft buttons!

Hopefully you got enough fingers to complete these operations - I had to get a friend to assist me!

Luckily by following these instructions reloaded the operating system but didn't make me lose ANY settings, text messages or pictures!

Because it restored the phone but didn't lose any information I wonder if I was lucky or whether this is only deemed a soft restore rather than a full one!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Leek

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djleekee
Thanks! Saved me a phone call ;)

I found that you can let go of the soft keys once the phone promts you to press '0'

Cheers ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did your phone really do a hard reset or a softer reset?

As mine reset the operating system but didnt seem to touch any of my photos, contacts or applications and other stuff saved on the phone and memory card. The woman on the phone said I would lose everything but I didn't lose a thing!

Leekee

• 1 month later...
Guest Rhinestone
Did your phone really do a hard reset or a softer reset?

As mine reset the operating system but didnt seem to touch any of my photos, contacts or applications and other stuff saved on the phone and memory card. The woman on the phone said I would lose everything but I didn't lose a thing!

Leekee

Looks like its a full reset.

I did this and lost the lot!!!! Bummer ! :P

Now wheres the registry editor installation file ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest justinhalsall
I have had to reset this damn C600 AGAIN and this time it has wiped everything!

Ho-hum, live and learn!

Leekee

how long does it take to reset? (my screen is white, so I can't see if its doing it)