WMP cant play mp3 files from File Manager

Guest gijsdvm

Guest gijsdvm

After i installed the Pocket Player Demo today, to test it, mp3 files were automatically played by this player, and not by WMP anymore. I noticed that, and, after i uninstalled Pocket Player, I associated/connected (dont know the right English term) .mp3 files with WMP again (this can be done with File Manager). Now the mp3 files have the WMP icons back in File Manager, but when i want to launch an mp3 file from File Manager, it cant play it. When i'm in my WMP music library it CAN play the file. And when i use the 'Open URL' function in WMP it CAN open the file too. So why cant it when i want to open an mp3 file in File Manager?

Hope someone takes time to read this and knows a solution.

Guest gijsdvm

yes, i get an error message:

"Cannot play the file. The file is either corrupted or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."

But i CAN play the files by looking them up in my music library and the files play perfectly well on WMP on my pc too.

I noticed that when i'm in File Manager, and i let it show the mp3 files properties, it says: Type: Pocket Player File. But with File manager i did associate mp3 files with WMP. Weird..