MDA Crashing!

Guest mikestern2

Guest mikestern2

Hey Everyone,

I just got my TMO MDA a few days ago...

There are several times where i'm launching an application, or have an application open and just make a phone call, and everything locks on the screen and the device gets extremely slow.

since i purchased it, i've had to remove the battery to reboot it daily...

is there something i can check to see what's going on? is this happening with all MDA's?

do i have a faulty device? should i go swap it before my 14 days expire?

-mike

Guest chalkie14
Hey Everyone,

There are several times where i'm launching an application, or have an application open and just make a phone call, and everything locks on the screen and the device gets extremely slow.

is there something i can check to see what's going on? is this happening with all MDA's?

-mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've found it performs better if you shut down all open applications properly from the memory/running applications tab. You'll be surprised whats running in the background slowing you down. If doing this regularly doesn't help then you might want to think about swapping it.

Guest Pondrew

As the device only includes 64meg ram this means it'd run out of resources quicker then most Pocket PCs with the full 128meg of ram...

As chalkie14 says, ensure you close programs after using them (I believe the task manager is in Start / Settings / System / Memory)

Guest Driekus

Did you know that you don't have to remove the battery in order to reboot the machine? Just put the stylus tip in the hole next to the headphone slot on the bottom of your mda in order to do a soft reset. But maybe you already tried that and didn't work (which I would think could be a sign of a bigger problem than just memory overload). Just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know...

Guest nevawlkalone
Hey Everyone,

-mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you let all the T-Mobile Extended ROM crap install?