PicoDrive 0.52 an updated version for PocketPC/SmartPhone

Guest masterall

Guest mikeeey
no problem on a eten m700 with wm6

i found the problem. it has to do with the Ram being cached. strange enough though, if i tell it to cache 4096mb of ram, i will have about 28,000mb of Ram left. it wont work. i then use oxios hibernate to free up some ram, and i have about 29,000mb of Ram. it now works. i need to have 29,000mb of ram for it to work. i havnt found the right number to set the cache to yet without needing to use oxios hibernate.

Guest mwdelta

Same problem I think. I've got a Blackjack with the prerelease AT&T WM6 ROM. Open PicoDrive 0.52, select ROM, boom! "Fatal Exception error."

I'm not sure I follow the "memory caching" thing. But good luck looking into this, I hope a workaround can be found!

Guest Gentmab

ive never had any real problems with it, just my slower processor, have a tmobile wing overclocked to 273 with at least 20mb of ram and can play shining force, shadow dancer and sonic with sound just fine :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Rabbistone

Works fine on XDA Orbit, although only wanting to play "Micro Machines".

Had trouble with Orbit controls, it uses a kind of roller ball pointer and the circular scroll wheel doesn't work quite right.

Had better luck with Genesis Plus as the default control setting worked straight away, now using scroll wheel as mini steering wheel, great !

Not really sure on screen control the way to go, some of the latest Pocket Pc designs seem to have smaller and smaller screens with no room for pad. Still have original "Wallaby" (O2 XDA 1) with a screen that not only dwarfs new screen sizes, its actually bigger than most phones...! (Pitty a little too slow for current apps)

It does not work on my Toshiba e310 PocketPC 2002.

I have installed tget dll also but clicking picodrive exe gives error and says file not found or a link library missing.

Please help.

Guest RhodeHummel

any recent updates regarding the project. Also would you like any help? I'm a programmer by trade. You think we could get away with making this an open source project on sourceforge?

Guest CharlyV
any recent updates regarding the project. Also would you like any help? I'm a programmer by trade. You think we could get away with making this an open source project on sourceforge?

Based on this emulator. Good luck !

Guest trisnain

doesnt work with touch dual... games extremelly glitchy and unplayable - key mapping doesnt work either. shame, would have thought it would work at least as well as the s60 port which is pretty good!

Guest repuken2
Ok guys, I want to start off by saying that im a noob when it comes to emulators on PDA so please forgive my dumbness. My brother recently gave me a pda since my old one didnt have a PDF reader for a school book im reading (MCP 70-290 book). So I find out I have an ARMS processor Cassiopeia E-200 PDA and im got the NES one working but im having a hard time with the PICODRIVE. I got version 0.30 working but it seems im stuck on just that one with no sound. I have it installed in my SD card and im trying the latest versions but nothing. Can anyone tell me where im screwing up. I really dont know where to start with this and the tgetfile.dll file. Sorry if i manage to piss anyone off. :(

Donwload this

http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7x.../j7xx/main.html

it's called "Executabilty Check". Put it in your ppc, run it and locate "picodrive.exe". A screen will popup. Push button that say "change OS version" and set it to 3.0 .

Close the application and You're done.

The problem resides in that casio E-200 is a Pocket pc 2002 O.S. machine, windows CE 3.0 machine.

Picodrive is designed for windows mobile 2003, meaning an 4.2 windows ce version device.

You can try final burn, it will work too.

Cheerz.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest postaldude411

thank you so much dude. your my idol <3 i've been looking for a working picodrive for about a week!!! now i have the genesis, nes, and gbc emulators running on my blackjack 2.

Guest snakegass03

all i have to say is nice work man works great on my blackjack so far shinning force is running like a champ!!! Iam so excited. Hopefully we can get the SNES workign right for the Blackjack now so i can play FF2 and FF3.

Guest Cheetatron
Strange question - hopefully somebody can help!

I'm trying to import a save state from a PC-based emulator into PicoDrive, in particular a 'completed' Sonic 3 & Knuckles save state.

I see PicoDrive 'save states' are saved as *.mds files and 'battery backups' as *.srm.

I've only been able to find *.gs0 states which are not accepted by PicoDrive. I have tried opened the *.gs0 file in Kega to produce a *.srm battery backup file. But when I put this into the PicoDrive folder and load it up, it overwrites it with a new *.srm file. I presume it is incompatible rather than a bug.

I've already completed this game many of times in the past, and would like to be able to select what level I would like to play instead of having to spend hours completing it again.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Cheers!

LOL I am in the same predicament with the same game (Sonic 3 and Knuckles) I have played S&K on genesis and beaten it with both at least once. I bought Sonic Jam for the sega Saturn and combind S3 and S&K and played through it all with Sonic/Tails, Knuckles and Tails by himself with all emearalds for everyone. Finally I played in the pc completed it with all characters at 100% but I lost the save started over and have all chaos emeralds for sonic and again for knuckles while my tails save has all chaos emeralds and all super emeralds I don't think I could bare to start from scratch again lol

Guest Scott R

This worked great on my Samsung Blackjack II but the rendering is giving some problems on my new Motorola Q Global. It has two horizontal black lines that go across at about 1/3 and 2/3 of the way down the screen (not constant, they kind of shimmy across a little bit like on an old TV).

Can you post or send me the source code for this port? I'm curious to see how hard it would be to incorporate a newer build of Cyclone and see if I can fix the rendering for my device.

Edited by Scott R

Guest mikeeey

Scott R here is the source for n0p's port:

http://n0p.tonych.info/download.php?GenPP.v1.04.src.7z

unfortunatly he hasnt uploaded the source to his PocketSNES port, however, you can easily get a hold of him, he will respond.

here is his page:

http://n0p.tonych.info/?Welcome

and contact him with this email, ask for his pocketSNES source code:

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 88Saleen351

Apologies for impropr text formatting (PIE)....... Now,I have a few comments to leave for Picodrive.Havve the latest version 0.52.This megadrive emulator works great on my Motorolla Q9M with WM6..In my list of about 28 games which I had for years,many of them run extremely well.Sonic 3 ...Landstalker and Y's III are among those that are flawlwess.But there are a select ammount that all exhibit severe sound choppiness.And it seems to be related to the video frames.Regardless of what frame rate is set,these games play excessively fast and have chopped up sound.Among those...Phantasy Star 2 and 3...Sonic 1 and 2.Shining in the Darkness..etc.Now on games that run well with perfect sound and no choppiness...adjusting the frame rate to any other number except 60 will result in choppiness.Maybe this is an audio buffer or latency problem.Perhaps adding a control for such an item may help.Also..for the games that have chopped up sound,these also tend to be somewhat unstable.On these select games,using a sample rate of 44khz in picodrive 0.51 would cause pico to freeze or quit to wm6.On one other bug I noticed.In Rings of Power ,the text boxes and all menus in game are totally not visible.The boxes will open but nothing is in them..... Anyways.This is a great emulator.I am by no means complaining.Masterall has done a hell of a good job coding this up.

crappy sound + low framerate compared to smart gear <_<

Where can i find this version of smart gear with good sound and framerate?

Didnt find it available to buy, since the one i can buy runs not as good as picodrive on my device... ;-)

Guest mikeeey
crappy sound + low framerate compared to smart gear <_<

actually it just depends what device you have. masterall's emulators are very fast on Omap CPU's. on my kaiser, it's slower.