Tornado PowerControl

Guest merwin

Guest eole73
You are correct. v1.3 did not behave like that. The reason I chose to remove that behavior is because windows mobile is not designed to run multiple copies of the same application. I had implemented a hack to provide this. It actually takes more time to load the app than to just switch to the app and let you press the '1' key to toggle the brightness :-)

Hello every body, I have tried the 2.0 version and my phone is reseting when the light goes completly off, I am guessing that the 116 Mhz is not enough to run the phone.

Is possible to put the different CPU values as users parameters.

Thanks for the good work.

Guest Wombleuk

Hi,

I can't install CF2.

First time, it wouldn't let me choose the storage card for installation, but I'd already clicked action after pushing the joystick over without realising it - and I got an error - not enough free space.

I've tried deleting everything I can off the device, but it doesn't free up enough space (Windows has 59Mb ! Any idea how to free up all the language files and bloat I don't need?).

I've tried installing it to my storage card, which has 250Mb free, but I get the same error as installing it to the device.

I've copied it onto my SD card and clicked on it from within explorer and I still get the same error.

Help !

Guest Anton Oprya
You are correct. v1.3 did not behave like that. The reason I chose to remove that behavior is because windows mobile is not designed to run multiple copies of the same application. I had implemented a hack to provide this. It actually takes more time to load the app than to just switch to the app and let you press the '1' key to toggle the brightness :-)

It's a pity. In TPC 1.3 this option is more suitable

Guest merwin
Hello every body, I have tried the 2.0 version and my phone is reseting when the light goes completly off, I am guessing that the 116 Mhz is not enough to run the phone.

Is possible to put the different CPU values as users parameters.

Thanks for the good work.

The latest version (2.0 Beat 2) allows for configurable auto-cpu speeds. I have also fixed the bug where the frontmost app would minimize when the screen went dim. And finally, I added an optional icon in the notification bar of the CPU speed.

I still haven't added 240mhz support. I might add it in the next version by having users who wish to have the support for it add a registry value. That would prove that they know what they are doing, and that they have probably already tested 240mhz on their phone. For some phones, it causes your phone to reboot. And since Automatic mode goes to the highest value almost immediately, it could cause an endless reboot cycle if TPC is set to AutoRun.

Guest eole73
The latest version (2.0 Beat 2) allows for configurable auto-cpu speeds. I have also fixed the bug where the frontmost app would minimize when the screen went dim. And finally, I added an optional icon in the notification bar of the CPU speed.

I still haven't added 240mhz support. I might add it in the next version by having users who wish to have the support for it add a registry value. That would prove that they know what they are doing, and that they have probably already tested 240mhz on their phone. For some phones, it causes your phone to reboot. And since Automatic mode goes to the highest value almost immediately, it could cause an endless reboot cycle if TPC is set to AutoRun.

Hi, I have installed the beta 2 and the CF2 SP1 twice on my SD card. The beta 2 won't start, I have always the same message : CF2 not found.

Thanks

Guest eole73

Hi, I have installed the beta 2 and the CF2 SP1 twice on my SD card. The beta 2 won't start, I have always the same message : CF2 not found.

Thanks

Guest merwin

Thanks

Did you try installing CF2 on using the CAB file I linked to? Also, what device do you have. And finally, do any other CF2 apps work for you.

Guest eole73
Did you try installing CF2 on using the CAB file I linked to? Also, what device do you have. And finally, do any other CF2 apps work for you.

Yes I used your CF2 Cab File. I have a qtek 8300 phone with qtek aku 2.0 rom. Woize 1.1 is working on my phone.

Guest ega2OO2

Thanks

Same as eole73. BTW, beta 1 worked OK.

Guest merwin
TPC 2 beta 2 doesn't work (beta1 works) CF2 SP1 installed on Storage Card

I uploaded Beta 3, which should fix that problem.

Edited by merwin

Guest Anton Oprya

Thanks

Settings-Brightness-display settings Doesn't work

Show CPU Indicator doesn't work after restart TPC (I press button Save)

Also I think numeric Indicator is more informative

Guest merwin
Thanks

I just noticed the CPU Indicator being reset as well.

The problem with showing numbers is that I would either have to make a number for each speed, or generate the icon to show in the notification bar on the fly.

"Display settings" doesn't work because that menu does not exist yet :-) I decided to release this beta early because it has a couple of bugfixes that needed to be added.

Also take note that the Auto CPU feature does not work very well when playing video, because there is currently a small 'stutter' when the speed changes... it can mess up the playback of some video.

That should be fixed when I implement CPU changing directly into the application

Guest merwin
Thanks

I fixed the CPU Indicator. Provided no more bugs are found in this version, I will release this version (minus the 'Display Settings' menu since it does not exist) as the final 2.0 version.

Guest Anton Oprya
Also take note that the Auto CPU feature does not work very well when playing video, because there is currently a small 'stutter' when the speed changes... it can mess up the playback of some video.

That should be fixed when I implement CPU changing directly into the application

It should be fixed in 2.0 final?

Guest merwin
It should be fixed in 2.0 final?

Not 2.0 final. The final version of 2.0 will include the current feature set.

The only way I can change this behavior is to implement the features in OmapClock into my application. I have all of the information that I need to build this feature into the application, but I will just need the time to do it. That will most likely make the program unstable for a while, which is why I want to release a quality version first.

Guest eole73
Not 2.0 final. The final version of 2.0 will include the current feature set.

The only way I can change this behavior is to implement the features in OmapClock into my application. I have all of the information that I need to build this feature into the application, but I will just need the time to do it. That will most likely make the program unstable for a while, which is why I want to release a quality version first.

I am actually testing the 2beta4, it's working quite well. Thanks a lot.

Edited by eole73

Guest jcostantino
When i start tornado powerup or omapclock i get just errors "error initialization failed. Reason:can't map I/O"

My phone is Qtek 3810

You need to add a registry key to disable even more security locks. I forget which one it is but if you read the description of WM5Storage it will tell you which key to add.

Speaking of keys, the manual input of custom settings works great - only thing is that the preset values are hard-coded into the app so a non-standard value will show up blank. No big deal though since the app isn't visible.

Guest Unic0der
When i start tornado powerup or omapclock i get just errors "error initialization failed. Reason:can't map I/O"

My phone is Qtek 3810

try app unlock guide in my signature :)

Guest Spiderman1975

Hello merwin, I've set TPC to run on startup in bright hide mode on my Qtek 8310. It works OK.

Now, I would want to set the dim hide mode automatically at 20.00 o'clock.

Actually I start Tornado low light from autoflight at 20.00, but I have always to minimize it. Is there a way to turn TPC from bright to dim automatically? :) :D

Thank you for this wonderful work ;)

P.S. Fantastic is the way to set the cpu speed... what about to add a speed of 148?

Sorry if the English is not perfect... :(

Edited by Spiderman1975

Guest merwin
Hello merwin, I've set TPC to run on startup in bright hide mode on my Qtek 8310. It works OK.

Now, I would want to set the dim hide mode automatically at 20.00 o'clock.

Actually I start Tornado low light from autoflight at 20.00, but I have always to minimize it. Is there a way to turn TPC from bright to dim automatically? :) :D

Thank you for this wonderful work ;)

P.S. Fantastic is the way to set the cpu speed... what about to add a speed of 148?

Sorry if the English is not perfect... :(

There is no way for that yet. It is already on the list of upcoming features, however.

Guest Spiderman1975
There is no way for that yet. It is already on the list of upcoming features, however.

Thank you very much... I'm waiting for this feature :)

I have seen that the little green icon, which shows the cpu speed up and down, sometimes disappears.

Now, for example, I don't find it, but the program is active and the icon too....

Edited by Spiderman1975

Guest merwin
Thank you very much... I'm waiting for this feature :)

I have seen that the little green icon, which shows the cpu speed up and down, sometimes disappears.

Now, for example, I don't find it, but the program is active and the icon too....

The notification icons only show up when you are not in the homescreen... that might be why you are not seeing it all the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.