Tornado PowerControl

Guest merwin

Guest rperalta

Nice software! I have it on my Cingular 2125.

Questions:

1. Can you please clarify the difference between Tornado PowerControl versus the other app in this forum called Tornado Low Light?

2. I also have OmapClock 2, can you explain how you run it on your phone.

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks,

Robert

Edited by rperalta

Guest merwin
Nice software! I have it on my Cingular 2125.

Questions:

1. Can you please clarify the difference between Tornado PowerControl versus the other app in this forum called Tornado Low Light?

2. I also have OmapClock 2, can you explain how you run it on your phone.

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks,

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. The difference between Tornado PowerControl and Tornado Low Light is that mine can toggle back and forth between bright and dim. Also, it can run applications when the display mode changes. Both of our applications work the same way in regards to making the light dim.

2. Read the text file. You need to place the shortcuts in the same folder as Tornado PowerControl, named Power_On.lnk, Power_BacklightOff.lnk, and Power_UserIdle.lnk.

On - Display is at full brightness.

BacklightOff - Display has dimmed after being idle for a period of time.

UserIdle - Display has completely turned off.

Basically, have the overclocking turn on at the 'On' event, and turn off at the 'BacklightOff' event. If you don't know how to make the shortcuts to do that, find help in one of the OmapClock threads.

Guest rperalta
1. The difference between Tornado PowerControl and Tornado Low Light is that mine can toggle back and forth between bright and dim. Also, it can run applications when the display mode changes. Both of our applications work the same way in regards to making the light dim.

2. Read the text file. You need to place the shortcuts in the same folder as Tornado PowerControl, named Power_On.lnk, Power_BacklightOff.lnk, and Power_UserIdle.lnk.

On - Display is at full brightness.

BacklightOff - Display has dimmed after being idle for a period of time.

UserIdle - Display has completely turned off.

Basically, have the overclocking turn on at the 'On' event, and turn off at the 'BacklightOff' event. If you don't know how to make the shortcuts to do that, find help in one of the OmapClock threads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks mervin,

I noticed there is a new update. Is this the new version?

rperalta

Guest merwin
Thanks mervin,

I noticed there is a new update. Is this the new version?

rperalta

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, as per the release notes, version 1.2 adds the 'toggle' command line option that will toggle the display between 'bright' and 'dim'. So if you have an application key set to run TornadoPowerControl toggle, you can press it to switch between dim and bright.

Guest zdawg1234

Can someone explain the steps to get this app working? I've read the readme.txt, but I'm not sure what goes in

Power_On.lnk,Power_BacklightOff.lnk,Power_UserIdle.lnk

I tried putting in 60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright show

for Power_On.lnk but I don't think that's the right way to do it.

What do I link these to?

Guest merwin
Can someone explain the steps to get this app working? I've read the readme.txt, but I'm not sure what goes in

Power_On.lnk,Power_BacklightOff.lnk,Power_UserIdle.lnk

I tried putting in 60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright show

for Power_On.lnk but I don't think that's the right way to do it.

What do I link these to?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The lnk files are for events to run when the backlight changes, like running OmapClock when the backlight turns on. Do not put a link to TornadoPowerControl in the events, or very strange things might happen (for example, your lnk that you made will show Tornado PowerControl every time that the backlight turns on).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Quenotte

Hi, Thank you for your soft merwin. It's great but I think it lacks an important feature...

Would it be possible to add a shortcut to Hide Tornado Power Control in the app menu (near Exit) ?

Thanks in advance ;)

Guest kpyto

Hi!

Sorry, but i'm very bad know English....

Can you help me?

Is this program works on Motorola MPx200 (with Widows Mobile 2003)?

Thanks.

Guest Eminos

First of all, great app!

Second of all, as far as I know OMAPClock is made to reverse back overclock to default when screen is turned off (or if the processor does it it self I don't know) .. so how can you prove that you can actually underclock (with your software) when the screen is turned off ?

/E

Guest merwin
First of all, great app!

Second of all, as far as I know OMAPClock is made to reverse back overclock to default when screen is turned off (or if the processor does it it self I don't know) .. so how can you prove that you can actually underclock (with your software) when the screen is turned off ?

/E

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can you prove the light in your refrigerator actually turns off when the door is closed? :-)

I can prove that it executes an application when the screen turns off. As for the result of that application, I cannot say. I do not personally run any application for that event, as I prefer to let windows mobile handle that part of the power saving.

Guest Eminos

Ok, cool, would be cool if we could actually find out if it UNDERclocks when whe screen is off .. I'm sure there would be some battery savings that way .. maybe not .. I've set it to underclock to 152 MHz when the screen goes off, and it seems to work, I just hope it actually underclocks as well ;)

/E

Guest merwin

I'm sure it gets underclocked. However, I'm not sure how long it stays underclocked, or if the smartphone has a different underclocking technique that it already does.

Obviously, it messes with the clock already when the screen goes off, since the changes made with OmapClock disappear... I just haven't looked into what the phone does to powersave.

Guest sweetswede

Nothing happens when i press Display>dim, bright, toggle

Info in the window:

System Power State (Flag):

POWER_STATE_ON

System Power State (String):

on

Device Power State (Flag):

D0

Failed to start process Power_On.lnk

Power_On.lnk, Power_BacklightOff.lnk, Power_UserIdle.lnk should be in \Storage Card\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl12\

Guest merwin

I assume this is for using with XBar, so it won't exit when you use 'Close all apps'. I have modified the program to not exit unless you specifically choose 'Exit' in the application.

v1.3 also fixes the bug where the backlight stayed on forever after the application exited.

Hi, Thank you for your soft merwin. It's great but I think it lacks an important feature...

Would it be possible to add a shortcut to Hide Tornado Power Control in the app menu (near Exit) ?

Thanks in advance ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Anton Oprya
I assume this is for using with XBar, so it won't exit when you use 'Close all apps'. I have modified the program to not exit unless you specifically choose 'Exit' in the application.

v1.3 also fixes the bug where the backlight stayed on forever after the application exited.

Great ... but not all

For example Oxios CloseApps closes TPC without any problem ...

I think it'll be better to make TPC as service or as system application

Guest merwin
Great ... but not all

For example Oxios CloseApps closes TPC without any problem ...

I think it'll be better to make TPC as service or as system application

Oxios CloseApps must be using some alternate method of closing applications if WM_CLOSE doesn't work, because I intercept the close event and only let it close if the exit button in the app was pressed.

Guest Wombleuk

OK, just got this installed, but the program still displays even though my link in the startup folder is as below.

60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

Also, what do the numbers at the start of a link mean ?

thx

Guest swivel
OK, just got this installed, but the program still displays even though my link in the startup folder is as below.

60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

Also, what do the numbers at the start of a link mean ?

thx

Can someone please show an example of what the shortcut/.lnk file would look like to run omapclock.exe when the backlight turns on? Thanks.

Guest swivel

Nevermind, I got it. But how can I get this program to always run in the background? I don't want to accidentally close it out. I'd like it to always be running, but hidden. Any way to do this?

Guest Wombleuk
Nevermind, I got it. But how can I get this program to always run in the background? I don't want to accidentally close it out. I'd like it to always be running, but hidden. Any way to do this?

Well, I didn't change anything and suddenly after a soft reset, it runs in hidden mode.

For some reason it starts up dim, which was a setting I tried before - weird, but not a problem.

I don't want to touch it again in case it stops working correctly. ;)

Edited by Wombleuk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.