Tornado PowerControl

Guest merwin

Hmmm. Nothing from the author in nearly two months now.

I'm hoping that various users will provide some support for the product themselves :) All of these questions have been answered before.

In any case, I lost the source to the recent versions of the software, so I'm going to have to start from the beginning for lots of the features. This isn't going to happen for a month or so probably, as my paying job has priority, and it's keeping me very busy.

• 2 weeks later...
... I lost the source to the recent versions of the software, so I'm going to have to start from the beginning for lots of the features....

That's funny. I don't understand how you can lost it. Did you hear about backups ?

Oh, nevermind. Second time it is much faster and sometimes better. Good luck.

Any solutions for ActiveSync disconnecting when TPC is running? My qtek8310 does it either. I've tried auto as well as manual settings (even P_On, Idle, Backlight_off all clocked to factory 180) and the problem is still present. The only thing that helps if I quit the program. Thats sucks... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest hankejh
I have some problems with TPC:

- on first launch with keys trim hide TPC works correctly, but next launch makes TPC not hide and display mode doesn’t change (dim/bright)

- on running TPC other programs minimize more quickly than specified in device settings

P.S. Enabled automatic mode

I love this program, Merwin. Brilliant - my phone is so fast. I'm using 2.0 Beta 4.

The placement of the EXIT button "in" the left soft key leads me to inadvertently exit the program when I think I'm unlocking the phone -- Cingular 2125 unlocked using left-soft-key and then *.

Does the hide flag work in this release? The program keeps popping up everytime I use the phone (after it has gone into dim). The shortcut in my Start folder reads:

73#"\Storage Card\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

Thanks!

Edited by hankejh

Guest Cybertronic

hankejh, you could try the Load to background program which makes Tornado PowerControl a background process and it will not appear in task manager.

However it doesn't always work 100% for me because sometimes if I press the back button on my homescreen, Tornada PowerControl will appear but most of the time, this doesn't happen. It's well worth trying this program out :)

Guest hankejh
hankejh, you could try the Load to background program which makes Tornado PowerControl a background process and it will not appear in task manager.

However it doesn't always work 100% for me because sometimes if I press the back button on my homescreen, Tornada PowerControl will appear but most of the time, this doesn't happen. It's well worth trying this program out :)

Thanks for the tip, Cybertronic! :D

I installed Load v. 1.01 - and while it may be early to report, it appears to be working as expected. AND it eliminated the problem I was having with Exiting Tornado PowerControl when I thought I was unlocking the keypad!

• 3 weeks later...

I actually created a shortcut with the command line options I want in my startup menu -- I used the "load" program listed elsewhere in this thread. Yet, when I went into task manager, I still see it there despite using all the hide tags. I'm concerned I might be running two copies of this. Is there another place it loads the powercontrol software on startup automatically. In other words, by putting it in my startup group, did I double the loading? I wouldn't expect to see it in task manager at all. Here's my shortcut as it appears in my startup group (I didn't mod the Power On, etc shortcuts in the Program folder, they are all blank).

73#"\Storage Card\Program Files\load.exe" -hide "\Storage Card\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

I'm using this on a Samsung Blackjack by the way -- The dim function crashes the phone (black screen and no functionality) but using the overclocking stuff seems to work just fine on auto.

B.

Guest tony_to

A great program~

hope we can key in the speed in the next release(224Mhz is definitely not enough) , though I can have it done from registry.

Also may author add the ability if it can be set as a process rather then a task (like autokeylock)?

• 2 months later...
Guest merwin
Any new full versions on the shelf? which works with win mobile 6?

The wm6 dash doesn't really support the dim/bright stuff. I can get it to work, but when you unlock the phone, the software automatically makes the screen bright again, and not in the normal way either... it doesn't trigger a notification that the power setting was changed, so my app never sees it and it stays bright until you let it go idle and come back from idle.

You can use the old version of TPC on WM6 just fine... just don't set it to dim and you'll be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest anitanium

is the problem with power_on not minimizing the program still there?

on my Vox, everytime it comes back from a blank screen the program is first to launch

doesn't happen when i lock the phone though

Guest SvenO

Mervin,

great app! Thanks :rolleyes:

On my WM6 Vox i am running TPC 2b4 as a standard non hidden task, always in the tasklist, and the speed setting is working fine. Now if i watch a video, the screen goes DIM after a few seconds - which it shouldn't and also doesn't do if i exit TPC. Any ideas on that issue?

And is there a way to set the fastest clock setting to 252 or 264 somehow?

Thanks & good luck in finding the souce, i can feel with you...

Sven

Edited by SvenO

Guest ABP_typeS

hi i install the program however it keep saying intialization failed reason: cant map I/O can you help me out thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest hoice

So i have created the 3 new folders in the Tornado dir and created a shortcut from OmapClock and edited them to thier folders. this is what i have.

1) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_UserIdle.lnk

50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 140

2) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_on.lnk

50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240

3) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_BacklightOff.lnk

50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 180

and the one short cut in the Startup Folder

4) Windows/Startup/TornadoPowerControl.exe.lnk

60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

but nothing is working, only when i open the program manually it will set the clock speed to 220? i am not sure what is going wrong? plus when the phone goes to sleep mode it resets back to default speed! Plz help!

Edited by hoice

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RajunCajun
hi i install the program however it keep saying intialization failed reason: cant map I/O can you help me out thanks

You will need to app unlock your phone. I had the same issue today, and I could swear that I had already unlocked my phone. I did it again and now the app works great. You can get the app unlock http://www.gpcarreon.com/SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip

Run the program and then reboot. After that it should work fine.

Guest dam2140

How do i "Create" and "place" the files Power_On.lnk, Power_backlihtOff.lnk, and Power_UserIdle.lnk

Edited by dam2140

Guest rylenf
Yes, you need to fully app unlock your phone.

Use a registry editor and go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies and add a new DWORD Value of:

0000101b

With the value data of:

That should fully unlock your phone to allow you to use it (after a reboot of course)

And if i get

ERROR

--------------------------------------------

Unable to perform this operation

When tampering with the registries(Locked Rogers Wireless phone)

What should I do next?

Cheers

Guest rylenf
How do i "Create" and "place" the files Power_On.lnk, Power_backlihtOff.lnk, and Power_UserIdle.lnk

You can just rename the ones that are already in the "tornadopowercontrol" folder directly from the device.

Guest coolandfast
So i have created the 3 new folders in the Tornado dir and created a shortcut from OmapClock and edited them to thier folders. this is what i have.

1) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_UserIdle.lnk

50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 140

2) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_on.lnk

50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240

but nothing is working, only when i open the program manually it will set the clock speed to 220? i am not sure what is going wrong? plus when the phone goes to sleep mode it resets back to default speed! Plz help!

i have created a power_on.lnk and a power_useridle.lnk in the tornadopower folder but for some reason it's not executed when the system comes back from sleep. i'm using wm6...

thanks for any hint.

btw: what are the numbers (e.g. 50#) in front of the link?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nobody_here

i just updated to the latest ROM from HTC today which so far went poorly, i decided it had been a while and sure enough there was an update, yesterday i tried to use the camera and it locked up on me and ever since i cannot get the camera or video recorder to initialize, when i select them i just get the windows working logo for a second and nothing.....so i figured updating the ROM should straighten that out right? nope, now i dont have a camera or video recorder icon/option at all!!! its like my phone doesnt have a camera at all!!! that pisses me off!!..........anyways

i attempted to app unlock the phone through the registry as i have always done using these values:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1001 = 2 -->Change the value data from 2 to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1005 = 16 --> Change the value data from 16 to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1017 = 128 --> Change the value data from 128 to 144

however 0000 1001 is already set to 2, no need to change that

0000 1005 is set to 16 but when i try to change to 40 it says

Error, unable to perform this action
0000 1017 is set to 16 not 128, and again, i try to change to 144 and it says again
also tried this
Use a registry editor and go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies and add a new DWORD Value of: 0000101b With the value data of: 1
but i get the same thing
so i go ahead, downloaded the CF2.0 installed, also installed latest TPC 2.0b4 or whatever it is here, the latest version and installed (btw, they both installed without having successfully app unlocking the phone, maybe this ROM is already app unlocked?) however now every time i access the TPC application i get error messages over and over:
Error

Initialization Failed

Reason: Can't map I/O

its been a long time since i did this and i seem to remember having the same problem last time and finding a fix, but for the life of me i can't remember what i did or where i found the info

help guys, thanks

Edited by nobody_here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.