Tornado PowerControl

Guest merwin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JDRoss

Can anyone confirm/deny if Tornado PowerControl 1.4 works with the HTC S710 "Vox"?

I have it installed, but I get the "Failed to start process Power_On.lnk" error, which changed to whatever state the phone is in. Every process fails to start.

I've read that some have it working, but it's really hard to tell - many messages on the boards are not very specific.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Guest Paltkungen

All the links in the folder are "dead" and must be replaced by real, edited links.

Info on how to earlier in this thread.

I run the app on a HTC s710 without any probs besides it´s always shown int the app. manager. I´ve tried with the "Load" app but it doesn´t solve the problem.

EDIT: It´s strange, but TPC wouldn´t hide in the app. manager after softreset. I´ve done a lnk in Win\startup folder to "Load" and when i activate the lnk directly in the startup folder it hides...

Edited by Paltkungen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zipredictive

hi!!!I've htc s710 alias Vox and this software is awesome I used the ink files with v.1.4 now with 2.0b4 I use the automatic Cpu and it works great. But I have a problem with low light (not in 1.4 version) when I set the light to low it works but when I locke the keys with the red button and then I unlock it the light returns bright. Is it possible to solve this problem? thanx

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest shashaho
File Name: Tornado PowerControl

File Submitter: merwin

File Submitted: 1 Mar 2006

File Updated: 4 Aug 2006

File Category: Utilities - Phone Management

Tornado PowerControl 2.0 Beta 4

�2006 Jurasa LLC

According to the manual, CPU speed is changed twice when you select a speed. First, it is changed to 180MHz, then it is changed to whatever is selected. And more the CPU is switched between 116 MHz, 180 MHz, and 228 MHz based on an algorithm. Actually, are these fixed core hard builded values or are they copied from "CPUSpeed", "CPUAuto1", "CPUAuto2" and "CPUAuto3" values in the registry? For example, if I change the values to 132, 120, 132, 145 and the "CPUAutomatic" registry key to "True" before running the program the first time after installation, do these will be the values ?

Edited by shashaho

• 2 weeks later...

I have a htc typhoon (sp3) running wm6...will this program work ok with type of phone? What are safe speeds people running at? Thanks

According to the manual, CPU speed is changed twice when you select a speed. First, it is changed to 180MHz, then it is changed to whatever is selected. And more the CPU is switched between 116 MHz, 180 MHz, and 228 MHz based on an algorithm. Actually, are these fixed core hard builded values or are they copied from "CPUSpeed", "CPUAuto1", "CPUAuto2" and "CPUAuto3" values in the registry? For example, if I change the values to 132, 120, 132, 145 and the "CPUAutomatic" registry key to "True" before running the program the first time after installation, do these will be the values ?
Edited by humpda

• 1 year later...
Guest uansari1
I actually created a shortcut with the command line options I want in my startup menu -- I used the "load" program listed elsewhere in this thread. Yet, when I went into task manager, I still see it there despite using all the hide tags. I'm concerned I might be running two copies of this. Is there another place it loads the powercontrol software on startup automatically. In other words, by putting it in my startup group, did I double the loading? I wouldn't expect to see it in task manager at all. Here's my shortcut as it appears in my startup group (I didn't mod the Power On, etc shortcuts in the Program folder, they are all blank).

73#"\Storage Card\Program Files\load.exe" -hide "\Storage Card\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

I'm using this on a Samsung Blackjack by the way -- The dim function crashes the phone (black screen and no functionality) but using the overclocking stuff seems to work just fine on auto.

B.

Back from the dead... new member here. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I can't get Tornado PowerControl to load in the background with load.exe on startup either, unless I run the .lnk manually.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.