GPRS Question

Guest ryanred5

Guest ryanred5

I have had a few MMS's sent me over the last few days, and I havent heard my phone tell me theres a message, so its been a while later before I notice it, and all this time the G is on my phone showing that GPRS is on.

Am I being charged for all that time, or cos its actually not doing anything (ie its idle), I wont be charged for anything other than the download of the MMS?

Thanks in advance.

Catherine

Guest ryanred5

Phew thank god for that then.

Is there anyway to set the phone to hang up after MMS's have downloaded.

Thanks Webreaper.

Catherine

Guest chalkie14
I have had a few MMS's sent me over the last few days, and I havent heard my phone tell me theres a message, so its been a while later before I notice it, and all this time the G is on my phone showing that GPRS is on.

Am I being charged for all that time, or cos its actually not doing anything (ie its idle), I wont be charged for anything other than the download of the MMS?

Thanks in advance.

Catherine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The "G" in a box merely means GPRS is available. If you're connected to GPRS you get a smaller G in a smaller box with arrows pointing left and right on either side of the box. If the arrows are animating then youre sending/receiving data and therefore being charged. The other 2 states incur no charging, as someone has said already ;)) Hope this helps

Graham

Guest Br1an_g

im with o2 and i get free GPRS up to a certain level, i browse web daily, and a bit of messenger and i have yet to see it come up on my bill.

and i havent got a gprs package.

talk100, with 100 msgs, £25 a month

Guest clive_j

The O2 business tariff bundles text, MMS and data into one package (1 text = 50k data!!!) however it is not clear in the documenation (well not to me) whether the personal tarrifs operate on the same basis.

Having pored over the sales guff of all the operators for the last two weeks - I have come to the conclusion they are all pathetic apart from Orange. Almost made me want to sign up with them however went for the t-mobile web n walk - though I am just wondering whether that was the right thing.

Clive

im with o2 and i get free GPRS up to a certain level, i browse web daily, and a bit of messenger and i have yet to see it come up on my bill.

and i havent got a gprs package.

talk100, with 100 msgs, £25 a month

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Br1an_g

i agree about the documentation for o2.

i found a part on their website that said you get free GPRS, but it wasnt clear how much.

i think t-mobile are currently offering best packages if you use a lot of GPRS

Guest smith2001
i think t-mobile are currently offering best packages if you use a lot of GPRS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that makes a bloody change lol they used to charge £7.50 for 1mb of data over GPRS, now they are indeed the best deals around lol what a turn around.

Guest Webreaper

O2 offer 1Mb of data per month on their 'online' tariffs, but only if you buy online. If you buy the same tariff in an O2 shop, you don't get the data but you get more minutes. And yes, their website is totally misleading and unclear on this, it was only when I talked to an O2 rep that the differences became apparent.

If you go to www.o2.co.uk and click on 'Tariffs', the differences are clarified a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ryanred5

Sorry Ive not been on here for a while but thought Id tell you something that happened to me about using the GPRS.

I got a bill last year from Orange for £188 (£10 per meg, 12 meg I had used) I duly paid it, they waited for it cos I paid it in dribs and drabs. They were really good about it.

Then in February (I think it was February) I was chatting to a lady at Orange Customer Services and she was looking at my account for something else and just happened to mention about the large bill last year so she said hold on Im just going to look into something for you.

She came back a few mins later and said that the bill in October was wrong and I shouldnt have been charged that much. Her manager was working it out, but she said I would be due a refund of about £90.

Well I was overjoyed upon here this.

Apparently when I stopped having the GPRS bundle last year they should have put me on their paying as you go GPRS, which is cheaper than paying per meg, I know that doesnt really make sense, but speak to them about it. This is what the refund was, they worked my useage out with the new price and I got the difference back.

Shows Orange arent all bad.

;)