PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest dajajamerson
Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

2. support both zip and gzip rom

3. some speed hacks to get it faster

4. support all 176x220, 240x240, 240x320, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

1. add support for 240x240, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

2. change the action for lost focus from exit emulator to pause emulation

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

umm i have a motorola q music phone and when i try to load games it wont let me

Guest Khargulec

Great Emu, thx a lot. (v 1.53)

I'm playing Chrono Triger (on my HTC Artemis) and its work good (no sound) but i find a bug with transparency effects. While is "off" not everything in game is displayed and when i its "on' progam shows only thing which were not shown in previus mode

Have anybody noticed that problem?

to put some things CLEAR(for PPC users, not smartphones):

-for xscale/arm processors use n0p's port of pocketsnes - it is FAR faster on xscale cpus than masteralls.

-for omap sad processors best choice is masterall's 1.53 - n0p's arm/xscale versions are FAR slower on omap).

although - some effects emulated by n0ps port aren't emulated in masterall's.

-for samsung cpu's try both(omap version problalby may be better....).

and yes, chronotrigger is working, always.

Edited by nothin

Guest NeoChux
Great Emu, thx a lot. (v 1.53)

I'm playing Chrono Triger (on my HTC Artemis) and its work good (no sound) but i find a bug with transparency effects. While is "off" not everything in game is displayed and when i its "on' progam shows only thing which were not shown in previus mode

Have anybody noticed that problem?

yep.. ive noticed that kind of Bug.. bue at least the game is playable... the only thing i want to get improved is the sound.. hehe

... anyone know if GBACE works on SmartphoneS??? cause ive tryed and nothing happend .. (sorry if not proper post)...

Guest suckasaurus2

feedback for the author

it's strange but the the 1.53 doesn't work on my 176x220 wm6 ipaq(roms don't load it just quits after selecting them)

but the 1.52 works fine

Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

4. support all 176x220, 240x240, 240x320, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

I have just bought my very first cellphone, the HTC S710 Smartphone (I just wanted a phone with a ful keyboard since I cannot text regularly).

I have tried to get PocketSNES to work on it but it freezes upon loading the ROM's (all of the ROM's have been made legally by me from my SNES cartridges and tested on my PC with 2 different SNES emu's and they work fine).

I have read all 18 pages of posts and have found out that the problem must be with the tgetfile.dll as that is what causes the emu to freeze for others, and on the tillanosoft page it says "For locked Smartphone devices, use tGetFile.dll which is delivered with a compatible program, and has digital signature.", but I have no idea where to get a "compatible program" for my S710.

If you need additional info; I live in denmark and my subscription is the TDC MaxSMS+ (bought alongside the phone)

Guest mahzinwah

Got it working on samsung blackjack 1, playing ff3 with no sound , but there are errors with the map screen, otherwise it runs at 60fps with transparencies turned on.

Guest Scott R
Highlight:

Can you post or send me the source code for this version of PocketSNES? I'm actually the guy that worked on it a long time ago (PocketSNES: Bleeding Edge) and I've been messing around during what precious spare time I have with a fresh port from the Snes9x 1.51 core code and from-scratch ATL-based UI and DirectDraw-based graphics layers. I'm curious what speed hacks you were able to devise and wondering if I could incorporate them into my port based on the newer core code.

Just FYI as well, I tried running this version on my new Motorola Q Global and the graphics rendering was all garbled. Looks like it's not rendering with the right pixel strides or something.

Guest mikeeey
Can you post or send me the source code for this version of PocketSNES? I'm actually the guy that worked on it a long time ago (PocketSNES: Bleeding Edge) and I've been messing around during what precious spare time I have with a fresh port from the Snes9x 1.51 core code and from-scratch ATL-based UI and DirectDraw-based graphics layers. I'm curious what speed hacks you were able to devise and wondering if I could incorporate them into my port based on the newer core code.

Just FYI as well, I tried running this version on my new Motorola Q Global and the graphics rendering was all garbled. Looks like it's not rendering with the right pixel strides or something.

!!

wow!

no masterall hasnt been on in a while, im sure hel give you the source whenever he returns. ill try and get a hold of him any way i can.

Guest 88Saleen351

-Edit- Duh...I'm obviously a dumba**! I failed to read back a few pages.I got it working.A bit slow but still good.You cant complain.It works. :)Now...one other thing.How did you get Super Metroid to load past the (Nintendo) screen? I tried changing all sorts of settings to no avail.I hope that isnt another one of those things thats hiddeen in this post in page 10 or 13 ...thanks

Edited by 88Saleen351

Guest 88Saleen351

My comments so far of Pocket Snes 1.53 .This is on a Motorola Q9M - - It's not bad for being a work in progress.If you want sound,I highly suggest you check the box in sound options labeled (Alt Sound Decode).The music sounds much better without the tinniness.I always have sound turned on.It's just me.Games arent games without the sound and music that accompany them.Those who grew up with these systems know what I mean. .Some games I tested.Zelda 3 - Works good.little slow down with this one.Super Mario World and Mario Allstars - Both work with decent speed.But both have some glitches.The map on mario world is missing bacground landscape.Title screen on Allstars has blank image (just press start to go to menu). Super Metroid - Dont know.Couldn't get it past the Nintendo logo.SimCity - Runs Very slow ( 2 - 4 fps) .Again this is with sound turned on.So dont yell because I should turn it off to speed it up :) .BOB - Runs very well with little glitches.Good speed.Paladins Quest - This one didn't show up in the file folder obviously because it's in .SFC. format.Super Famicom format I assume.Final Fantasy 2 (USA ver.) - Works but at moderately slow speed with music that breaks up.Graphics looked good.Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana. - Both run extremely slow (2 - 3 fps).Lost Vikings 2 - Runs very slow.May be slightly playable......Drakkhen and Lagoon - Both very playable with good speed and sound...and... Earthworm Jim - Very slow at 2 - 3 fps. Now this is with the sample rate slider in the very middle.Increase it and you will lose more speed.Anyway ..I just thought I would put results from my phone for others to view.And perhaps this helps the author..Apologies if this text is not formatted properly.Would be my phone browsers pie fault.

Guest canes_fan

im having a problem running the snes emulator. i open up the emulator and try and load a rom then something pop ups sayin there is an error report and quits out of it

excellent man, working on IPAQ 510, thx :)

like i said earlier - for xscale cpus better choice may be n0p's port(better transparencies handling, and it is xscale optimised).

for omap's, masterall's emu is just ONLY good choice, tho.

Edited by nothin

Guest KyleWard38
Scott R, n0p is another porter of pocketSNES, you would swear his build is identical to masteralls, just a different look to it. some even say it works better on their devices. here is his website.

http://n0p.tonych.info/?Welcome

you can contact him with this email, ask for his pocketSNES source code:

[email protected]

Hey mike,

Thanks for this, I couldn't get 1.53 to load roms at all. It would go to the splash screen when I loaded the emulator, I would hit file, then hit load rom and absolutely nothing would happen. I downloaded this version and it works great, there is just one problem, I can't get to the menu after I load a rom. I can play all the roms I have, but if I want to exit I have to do a soft reset. And the worst part about it is if I want to save a game I CAN'T. I tried tapping the screen, hitting every single button on my PPC 6800, and nothing seems to work. Please help me out here if you have an answer! Thanks in advance.

Guest dmsaelee

This emulator works very well on my Blackjack II. The only thing that keeps me from playing hours on end are the glitchy buttons. Left and up on the D-pad only work if I was previously moving right. So as you could imagine. I'm continuously moving in a circle in certain games.

I can launch this and it locks up, I have to enter the Task Manager and kill it.

I have an unlocked BlackJack II.

This emulator works very well on my Blackjack II. The only thing that keeps me from playing hours on end are the glitchy buttons. Left and up on the D-pad only work if I was previously moving right. So as you could imagine. I'm continuously moving in a circle in certain games.

Guest 88Saleen351

Ok,it was working ok that first and second time I ran it.Now when I run PocketSNES,there are issues with the sfx and music pitch.It doesn't matter what setting I use...sample rate....alt. sound decode.Nothing changes.It seems to play 1 octave higher than normal.So yeah'it sounds like a high pitched wind up music box.And as for the graphic glitches I got in All Stars and mario world,they seem to be caused by turning transparencies on.Looks fine with them off.Still can't figure out what they did to get Super Metroid past the Nintendo logo.

Guest fiddysheqel

Got a T-Mobile Dash (HTC S620), having problems. Installed tgetfile.dll, and ran PocketSNES. Tried opening Madden NFL 05.smc and it goes to a black screen and immediately goes to the desktop/folder I was in before opening pocketSNES. Any ideas?

n0p is another porter of pocketSNES, you would swear his build is identical to masteralls, just a different look to it. some even say it works better on their devices.

you must be kidding! lol!

n0p made his highly xscale optimised version before masterall,,,

and i must say AGAIN: it is FAR BETTER than masteralls on xscale cpus.

period.