PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest vpavel

I can't exit from game to main menu, and i can't save state. How i can do that? Also i can exit from pocketsnes only switching on camera. In ver 1.47 game saves automatically when i exit, but in 1.52 it not work.

Guest masterall
I can't exit from game to main menu, and i can't save state. How i can do that? Also i can exit from pocketsnes only switching on camera. In ver 1.47 game saves automatically when i exit, but in 1.52 it not work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can set the key for pause game in the key setting dialog, I call that key "Menu Key". You can define it as any key, and you can return to main menu whenever pressing the key. The save state is available in the main menu when you pause the game.

Guest vpavel

Thanks, masterall, for answer. I have another problem. A keys don't work together, for example if i press up and left, i don't go in this direction. I can go only left, or only right. Only soft keys can work together. Anyone have same problem? Or it's problem of my device?

Guest masterall
Thanks, masterall, for answer. I have another problem. A keys don't work together, for example if i press up and left, i don't go in this direction. I can go only left, or only right. Only soft keys can work together. Anyone have same problem? Or it's problem of my device?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is always a problem of keyboard driver. Try using number keys as direction keys. I used number keys on my C500, combined direction is worked even with another keypressed.

Guest MTroni

Dear all,

This version is still not working on my SPV c500...... crashes back to home screen as soon as rom is selected for loading.....

Any ideas?

Guest Niki_Virus

Dead Mr Creator Man .

This Emulator Works Great , I tried to Run Final Fantasy 4 and it works perfrct ..

we almost perfect , i can barely see the text in FF4 , but the games run smooth with good framerate .

by the way , i got MPX200

Good Work Lad.

Guest masterall

Emad:

Yes, it's hard to play some special act in SF2, somehow MD version may have a better play experience. And much more like CPS1 version than snes version.

Autofire may add afterwards.

MTroni:

Your situation is strange. Your rom is zipped or gzipped? And free as much memory as possible before running the emulator.

Niki_Virus:

Did you enable the smooth stretch option? That will help text reading.

Guest 171235_1437909563

+1 for the gsgetfile support ;)

burk, a message at the beginning of the application, burk burk

I would like to add some questions too...

1) can anybody begin to do a working roms list ??

I didnt find any rpg running under snes emulator :(

the fact is I dont like action games on my spv c600, because it's not easy enough t manipulate...

2) what about file association ? ;)

see ya and thx for your work !!!

Guest Niki_Virus
Niki_Virus:

Did you enable the smooth stretch option? That will help text reading.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes , Smooth Stretch is enabled (tried without , totaly unreadable).

The emulation works great , its just the text in the game itself is to small .

éron :

Final Fantasy 4 works great with this emulator , and its a great RPG game , you should try it .

Edited by Niki_Virus

Guest 171235_1437909563

niki : that's exactly what I'm regretting in those topics !!!

nobody speeks of its own experience of the games...

I'd like people (like you !!!) to say what game they are playing, and why they like it !!

thx, i'm gonna play at it

ps : chrono trigger, some final fantasy, secret of mana 1 and 2 do NOT work on the c600 snes emulators ;) :(

see ya ;)

Guest Niki_Virus

First of ALL ! Forget about what i said about small text in FF4 , the ROM was corrupted , it was a Japanese version of FF4 with crappy english text .

Well , All Final Fantasy Games For SNES seem to work very good .

Final Fantasy II - Works Great , No Crashes , No Freeze . Played of for 2 and a half hours .

BUT !: make sure you have "Transparency Effects " Enabled , some levels require it . The Text is big and readable .

Final Fantasy III - Works , I finished watching the opening sequnce (LONGGG ! VERY LONGG !) , Nice Graphics by the way .

Final Fantasy IV - The Japanese Version of FF2 , also worked .

Final Fantasy V - Works , Japanese , Nice Graphics .

by The Wasy , Posting RoMs is Not Allowed Right ?

Guest 171235_1437909563

BUT !: make sure you have "Transparency Effects " Enabled , some levels require it . The Text is big and readable .

DAMNED !

why isnt it enabled by default ??

this explains certainly why the games I tried didn't work....

I have to retry with this option enabled (didn't actually know it existed...)

Guest 171235_1437909563

caution ! this topic is being updated regularly by myself (I write all my ideas when i have them... otherwies i would forget them...)

I tested PocketSnes 1.52 emulator...

1)

info message for gsgetfile :L

2)

when I'm doing load rom

it goes at the beginning of the phone :

the first time (for luck only the first time), i have to go to storage card -> program files -> snes -> roms directory

problem : the roms dir is the only one dir in my snes dir, so that my explorer can't open it (strange behavior of my c600 explorer)

(it's the same problem if I only have one rom... but this is not the case :))

image004.jpg

solution : i have to create a second dir in my snes dir... and it works

image006.jpg

a) why not create a "default directory" called "\PocketSNes directory\roms" ?

B) make file association (unzipped files only ;) )

3) my working roms : (the sound works !!! but really slows down the game, even with overclocking...)

- puzzle bobble jap version only ;) but really slow at 180 MHz, almost playable at 288 MHz (thx to OMapClock and auto frameskip :(

- seiken desetsu 3

- arkanoid ! great game, easy to manipulate

4) my non working roms :

- super mario kart : great speed ! but all my players (all sprites in fact) are in one : mine in the middle of the screen... not good...

image003.jpg

- final fantasy 6 : the ground isn't beautiful :(

image007.jpg

5) by default my c600 can't exit the game : the keys isn't configured for this phone!

I had to make a hard reset of the c600...

solution : automatically load at the first load the (very well done :) ! ) page of key configuration

6) display settings : enable by default the transparency effects and the backlight always on

7) for a game like arkanoid, it would be great that each game has its own key config...

would it be possible to create a key config per game ? if no key config, the config by default, and when a key config is made and a game is loaded, something which says : would you like to save this key config only for this game

arkanoid is a wonderful game but needs its own key config (and with file association, it would be perfect :) )

see ya :)

Edited by 171235_1437909563

Guest MTroni

Wjhy are people asking if I zipped or gzipped the roms?

My roms are unzipped and not working on c500 with this emu....

Are you proposing that I should zip them?

Guest masterall

@CharlyV

It hasn't finish yet, I am working on the GBA emulator yestoday. And a new plan for GBA emulator is drawed.

@éron

I guess peoples may like to use zipped roms, so I havn't plan to add file association option. Well, do you think it is quite necessary? Or maybe I will add it later.

@Niki_Virus

And Final Fantasy VI is worked great, that's my favorate game! With sound on and autoframeskip 5, it reach 30-40 fps.

Street Fighter II and many ACT game works fine with sound off.

@MTroni

Try using file name only with English letter, and free as much as possible memory before running the emulator.

@Sly123

What's the problem exactly? No select rom dialog appear or exit as soon as you select a rom?

Guest 171235_1437909563

well i don't care to compress my files with a mini sd card of 1 gigabyte

but i prefer to load the roms from my start menu --> that's why i prefer file association...

something is possible : file association with zip files renamed... i rename the zip file .sns for example, i open it with the emulator and it could work, and it would stay zipped ;)

what about the rest of my tests masterall ?

Guest doudz

I totally agree eron a renaming/associating would be perfect !!!!

I test chrono trigger, illusion of time, and secret of mana on my c600 and everything run smoooth... but in mario kart I had the same exp than you eron....

cheers

Guest kevinsephiroth

good job guy!

my tested roms and results:

Dragon Warrior VI: black screen at loading.

Final Fantasy III (USA= Final Fantasy VI in Europe): EXCELLENT! quite full speed at 240MghZ AND SOUND is good! BTW one of my favorite rpg!

Chrono Trigger: excellent speed, NO SOUND! damn

Mario Kart: same trouble with sprites of characters! NO SOUND!

and that's all i have tested though! ;)

EDIT: Dragon Quest VI is well working WITH SOUND! (thanks Terminal Traduction for the french hack!)

Edited by kevinsephiroth