PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest kevinsephiroth
i have the sound on mario kart but really slows down too much the game...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

edit: yes, just don't forget to unplug the usb cable, instead the sound is mute!

well NOW I CAN PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER WITH SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks a lot!!!!!!!! ;) ;) :(

Guest masterall

@éron

Transparence is useful for some games, but decrease speed in some cases. So it is not enabled by default.

I havn't encounter the problem that cannot enter a single directory in somewhere or cannot open a single rom in the directory on my C500. Using up and down keys to select it and press ok will open it.

Renamed file association might be a good idea, since the emulator identify a zipped file by file header instead of file extension now.

Guest 171235_1437909563
@éron

Transparence is useful for some games, but decrease speed in some cases. So it is not enabled by default.

disagree with you ;)

the most important is the rom compatibility, not the speed...

but you're the boss ;)

Guest doudz

MASterall, I was asking me why the sound wasn't working ... but I hadn't read good the first post....

now I made it work... BUT (cause there is always a BUT... lol) when I load a saved game (a state I save when the sound was off) it seems the sound not works....

Guest Niki_Virus

I agree with éron , I also think that Transparency Effects should be enabled by default , and thats because sometimes you dont know if the game needs it .

When I was playing FF2 , I entered the Mist Cave , and what ? the whole screen was white , first i tought its supposed to be like this ( "Mist Cave" , go figure ) , after like 10 minutes of blind walking i remembered about Transparency Effects thingy .

:\

Guest Sly123

in every game the screen freezes(black) and only camera helps + everything runs extremely slow till i shutdown snes.

old version worked but much too slow(useless).

Edited by Sly123

Guest kevinsephiroth
MASterall, I was asking me why the sound wasn't working ... but I hadn't read good the first post....

now I made it work...  BUT (cause there is always a BUT... lol) when I load a saved game (a state I save when the sound was off) it seems the sound not works....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes that's true. when you load a savestate where you were playing without soubd i believe there is no way to have sound!

worse: sometimes i try save then load but it doesn't load nor save anything! the screen of play still the same!

Guest masterall

OK, I will enable transparent as default setting. And compatibility is need to be improve, and the speed still my most important work. The object is to run smoothly with sound on.

The sound enable problem is in version below 1.52, try the newest version. It disable autoloading save state, so sound should be able to enable after you manully load the save state.

Guest CoDaMo

Dear master all.

i still dont understand your 1st post regarding on how to enable the sound, can you descript more specific??coz i am onfuse of turn it on and off but still dont get it, any way i am using the spv c550, i dont use the tgetfile.dll from your link instead i use it from the guy who send the pocketsnes 1.47 version, it's still the same right?

thanks alot for your help, all games work, but still no sound...

Guest Sly123

pleas help me !! :cry:

i activated framerate an the framerate changes if the game is running(mystic quest legend) but the screen is black! how must i configure my mpx220?? maybe its the rom??? i have 1.47. i would really appreciate your help <>

i f i read that ppl can play FF III and CT and more, i cant wait ;)

Guest Poolkv

What's a better compatible version 1.52 or 1.47 ??

Because many games won't work on my pocket pc.

Can someone tell me where i can get version 1.47 ?

Guest Too-Sexy
anyone here, who can run roms with a mpx220 ?? 

please tell!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Sly123, i am a mpx220 user and i am currently using 1.52 version of Pocket Snes.

Most of my roms work,including FF3 and Chrono Trigger.And ofcourse Mario World!

What problem do you have?

Guest Sly123
Hey Sly123, i am a mpx220 user and i am currently using 1.52 version of Pocket Snes.

Most of my roms work,including FF3 and Chrono Trigger.And ofcourse Mario World!

What problem do you have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

man thats really good. at least i know that its another problem than the phone hardware ;).

have you updatet your phone rom? (to 1.47 or 1.49 or another version?? )

what get file you use? and do you have a storage card?

my problem is:

when i open pocketsnes everything is ok. but the i choose File>open>any rom and then the rom opens but only a black screen... if i enable "show framerate" i can see that it changes a bit. but thats all i see...

i hope you can help me a bit.

Guest Too-Sexy
man thats really good. at least i know that its another problem than the phone hardware ;).

have you updatet your phone rom? (to 1.47 or 1.49 or another version?? )

what get file you use? and do you have a storage card?

my problem is:

when i open pocketsnes everything is ok. but the i choose File>open>any rom and then the rom opens but only a black screen... if i enable "show framerate" i can see that it changes a bit. but thats all i see...

i hope you can help me a bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am using the Asian Rom 3.50.I have a 1 GB card ,but the roms are stored in the phone memory.maybe thats why you get a black screen..Try moving the roms to the phone memory and leave Pocket Snes in your SD card.

Guest Sly123
I am using the Asian Rom 3.50.I have a 1 GB card ,but the roms are stored in the phone memory.maybe thats why you get a black screen..Try moving the roms to the phone memory and leave Pocket Snes in your SD card.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok. i tried the mpx220 of my girlfriend. it runs... she has 1.35(O2) , but it was a bit slow. if i would overclock it i would be killed ;)... so can i get it smooth with an orverclocked mpx220 ? cause ill only change rom version if its worth it.

EDIT: ^^

i did a hard reset and the emulator works. ;)

what is the best sound setting for mpx220?

and is it right that only the only right processor speed is in tcpmp? how much have you overclocked? (enough questions :( )

Edited by Sly123

Guest MTroni

OK people I've treid asking a few times but so far nobody's been able to help me....

I'm trying to run PocketSNES 1.52 on my SPV c500 and when I try to load a rom (either from phone or storage card) and select load the emu comes back to it's main screen (pocketsnes letters + white background etc.) and does not seem to have loaded / run the rom?

Of course I've tried selecting resume but it's simply not running.

The roms worked in parallax's (older) pocketSNES port.....

Please does anyone have an idea what I should do?

And is any1 already running successfully on SPV c500?

cheers

Guest Too-Sexy
ok. i tried the mpx220 of my girlfriend. it runs... she has 1.35(O2) , but it was a bit slow.  if i would overclock it i would be killed ;)... so can i get it smooth with an orverclocked  mpx220 ? cause ill only change rom version if its worth it.

EDIT: ^^

i did a hard reset and the emulator works. ;)

what is the best sound setting for mpx220?

and is it right that only the only right processor speed is in tcpmp? how much have you overclocked? (enough questions :( )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well,personally i dont have the sound enable. this keeps the emulation smooth and fast.. As for overclocking, i thing that 252 mhz is a decent speed.

Guest Sly123

@MTroni i had a problem that the emu came back to normal screen. but it was cause there was not enough ram availible. I think that the program should run on a SPV c500. I f you really want to play snes roms at cool speed without sound, try hardreset(with sound a bit too slow..). it helped for me, still i dont know what the reason was...

second is that different rom version(phone) run different. but all should run it(bad or good).

Guest masterall
Dear master all.

i still dont understand your 1st post regarding on how to enable the sound, can you descript more specific??coz i am onfuse of turn it on and off but still dont get it, any way i am using the spv c550, i dont use the tgetfile.dll from your link instead i use it from the guy who send the pocketsnes 1.47 version, it's still the same right?

thanks alot for your help, all games work, but still no sound...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For version 1.52:

To turn off the sound, first pause the game and open sound setting, set it to off, exit emulator. Run the emulator again, the sound should be disabled.

Notice:

The sound option may be restore to last state when you play the game if you load a save state.

Guest derek_k

Speed is good on my SP5 with frameskip set to 1 and no sound. I've tried Super Mario World and Final Fight 2 so far... I did notice that the background doesn't show up in Super Mario World though - not on the world map or in the levels... is that a known problem?

Edited by derek_k

Guest derek_k
have you enabled transparency ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah ok, thanks. I disabled transparency effects and that fixed the problem. Must have missed that in a previous post.

Really great port, masterall. Thanks!