PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest Niki_Virus
sounds like a cool app, but using tfileget.dll wouldn't be my preferred option!

i am running mac os x and the installer for tfileget.dll requires windows.... can anyone attach a copy of the dll file so i can pop it onto my smartphone?

thanks.

You dont need the installer .

The zip comes with a setup file and the Actual CAB , you just need to copy the CAB to ypur device and run it using File explorer .

I always keep the CAB inside my PocketSNES folder , so if i do a hard reset , i dont need the PC to install it .

Hope it helps ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zfunk007

Any progress reports Masterall? Or are you working on this emulator anymore? I will have to say though, I have been trying out and even playing quite a few games. I have been playing through Super Metroid with very few problems (slight slowdown from time to time but it is very very playable). And quite a few other games. It's just amazing that I can play SNES games on my smartphone! Man I wish I could program!

Guest kevinsephiroth

for those who wanna a custom english tgetfile.dll without prompt every 5 save/load state or rom:

i don't know how much time it will last on rapidshare so grab it now (if you are like me and hate having a window popping up every five load rom or state)

this file is to put in your windows directory, and replace the older one. it will work for pocketnester, pocketsnes, and picodrive (all ports of masterall).

(credit goes to mavipolo who made it)TgetFille.DLL.zip

Guest masterall

@zfunk007

Yes, I'm still work on it, and will release a new version not long. The most important change will be the spc700 core.

@kevinsephiroth

Thanks for you and mavipolo's greate work!

Guest kevinsephiroth
@zfunk007

Yes, I'm still work on it, and will release a new version not long. The most important change will be the spc700 core.

@kevinsephiroth

Thanks for you and mavipolo's greate work!

what is spc700 core? did you mean SPV C700????

Guest kevinsephiroth

i tried star ocean a 6 MO rom and either zipped to 5MO it gives "rom load fails" or unzipped (in smc format) it returns to homescreen.

with tzles of phantasia if it is zipped i got the same error but in smc format it loads normally for exemple.

Guest masterall

@kevinsephiroth

spc700 is the apu for snes, it is really slow now.

How many free memory did you have when you laod star ocean? The "rom load fails" error is always caused by insufficient free memory.

Guest jutley

ok i have pocketsnes running fairly stable on my spv c600 overclocked at 252mhz.okay try thease setting for spv c600 display potrait large,smoothe strech on,keep back light on,set frame skip on 2,and thats it make sure all the others are unticked.for sound settings i leave all of to gain the best possible speed.i have had alot ov games running at playable speeds try mario card on time trial and watch the speed.

Guest kevinsephiroth

well the size of Star Ocean in smc is 6MO. in zip it is 5MO. i have 26MO free before starting your emu . well if i can play Pokemon emerald in morphgear which is 16MO ...

in fact it is not "Rom load failed" (This happens for some roms and when i extract them from zip into smc format they usually work. eg: tales of symphonia ) no with Star Ocean it is the emu that bug. it exit them go to home screen...

Guest kevinsephiroth
in fact it is not "Rom load failed" (This happens for some roms and when i extract them from zip into smc format they usually work. eg: tales of symphonia ) no with Star Ocean it is the emu that bug. it exit them go to home screen...

well i meant Tales Of Phantasia.

something weird. often i got a windows error with gwes.exe . what that?

Guest jutley

Masterall please can we have a update on the supernes emulater i cant get enough of it cant stop playing games on it gime me more speed need more power when i feel the need the need for speed.Sorry got abit carried away there masterall you doing a great job hope to see landscape suport in next vershion and like i mentioned above more speed i know you can sqeaze abit more out of this emulator lets get it running perfect with sound like the megadrive emulator and your be up there the best of the best no one can touch you game on.

Guest masterall

@zfunk007

Yes, it still has some room for optimizing for speed, but not too much. The new version 1.53 should have some speed improvment.

@kevinsephiroth

Your problem is weird, I havn't encountered before. I will test it later.

@jutley

Landscape is supported for both 220x176 and QVGA as far as I remember.

Guest james_h_winters

@masterall, i would just like to thank you for your efforts. your emulators are great ports. it's understandable that emulated games run slower because that's what they are - emulated. even PC based emulators have heaploads of bugs ;)

nevertheless, there is still room for some improvement. when a stable version comes out (maybe it will be v 2.0 by then :P), i would be glad to pay for it ;)

Guest jutley

masterall on my spv c600 no games play in landscape mode aony in potrait large maybe this is a bug can you look into this i have tried many times landscape mode nothing seems to load only on potrait large anyone else with a spv c600 can confirm this for me so i know its not anything else thanks.

Guest jutley

kevinsephiroth you have a spv c600 does your supernes emu run in landscape mode mine doesnt maybe you can help me out if your is working maybe irm doing something wrong will wait for your reply thanks.

Guest jutley

masterall i found the problem with my landscape mode now it works in landscape left mode but when i try landscape right mode it forces me to do hard reset the screen goes black and i can press any other butons on spv c600 again anyone with a spv c600 please test this to confirm set your display to landscape right and see what you get thatks hope this isue can be resolved soon.

Guest kevinsephiroth
masterall i found the problem with my landscape mode now it works in landscape left mode but when i try landscape right mode it forces me to do hard reset the screen goes black and i can press any other butons on spv c600 again anyone with a spv c600 please test this to confirm set your display to landscape right and see what you get thatks hope this isue can be resolved soon.

well it is true on C600 you cannot use RIGHT landscape. only left works.

Guest zfunk007

jutley, your right, I have the same problem. I have a Cingular Smartphone 2125 (which is a C600) so there is a bug. Screen turns black, I can still hear sound, but can't break out of the program so I have to reboot the phone.

Also jutley, I can get really good speed out of a lot of games even with sound on my C600 (overclocked to 264 Mhz). Try Super Metroid with frameskip at 3, regular portrait and all sound settings turned off except "sound emulation" and "Sync Sound". Mine runs very well (not perfect and there is slow down in certain areas where a lot of enemies come on the screen, but very playable). You should be able to get very playable speed with those settings.

Edited by zfunk007

Guest jutley

thanks for those tips i will try that i normaly use framse skip 2 clocked at 252mhz cause sometimes the spv crashes at 264mhz cant handle that much so 252mhz is a safe option,

Guest jutley

figured it out it wont load unless you enable sound strange maybe alot ov the other games i couldnt get to load might work just simply enable sound and they might just work will try that next time oh yea you need tranperency affects on for the above game.

Guest zfunk007

Yeah I have transperecy effects turned on when I play it. I didn't realize you needed sound turned on for it to run... Interesting.

My phone crashes sometimes when I clock it at 252 Mhz also. So I figured I'd just use 264Mhz. Works great at that speed for me.

Guest jutley

do you mean your fone crashes at 264mhz so you use 252mhz this is what i use but you have said it the other way round and we both sota use the same fone spv c600.