Activesync 4.1 won't connect

Guest artyom

Guest artyom

just got a spv c500 and installed activesync 4.1 i try to connect the phone to my pc but it wont connect, i just get the activesync window that constantly says "connecting" any help??

thanks

Guest Pondrew

Sounds like a firewall problem. Are you using ZoneAlarm or similar?

Unfortunately the change from version 3 to version 4 of Activesync introduced many compatibility problems as many firewalls would block Activesync by default.

There are ways to resolve it but it depends on which firewall you are using...

Guest kissman
just got a spv c500 and installed activesync 4.1 i try to connect the phone to my pc but it wont connect, i just get the activesync window that constantly says "connecting" any help??

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first, try update firewall settings, if not help, try restart your device and computer, try reinstall device driver and async... This bug I have only with latest cingular roms... if you have it, try reflash to other rom... ;)

Edited by kissman

Guest artyom

thought it might be a firewall problem, was running zonealarm, but i had it shutdown, so didnt think that it would have an effect, i uninstalled it however, (i think that true vector was still running) and phone connected straight away

thanks for your help

Guest callaghanpj

Remote sync over GPRS on 4.1 is most advisable on mobile 5. If you are using windows 2003 pocket PC device you should stick with 3.8. It seems that it is backwards compatible apart from the remote services.