PocketNesterPlus 0.9

Guest masterall

Guest masterall

Based on PocketNester 0.7a, also learned many from NNNesterj, InfoNes, VirtuaNes, VirtuaNes(TPU), Nestopia. It support various dispaly mode for both PocketPC and SmartPhone(176x220, QVGA, VGA and other non standard resolution).

All mappers supports now:

It use backspace key to pause game on SmartPhone.

1. add SmartPhone support for 176x220 and QVGA

2. add smooth stretch

1. add various display mode

2. add mapper74 (not perfect now)

3. fix mapper91, street fighter (9 people) runs well now

4. add mapper 6, 62, 96, 114, 115, 140, 184, 222, 241, 244, 249, 250, 251, 252, 254, NSF

1. add mapper 12,20, 61, 107, 108, 109, 110, 116, 133, 134, 135, 164, 165, 167, 191, 193, 194, 201

2. support Finial Fantasy V Chinese version, support Dragon Quest 3 Chinese version, Dragon Quest 4 still has some problem.

3. fix the display setting dialog bug when select "set default"

1. add mapper 53,56,102,137,138,139, 141, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 152, 154, 217

2. fix Final Fantasy III Chinese version halt in start

3. improve mapper 115

4. add Menu Key(used to pause game) setting

5. partialy fix mapper 27, World Hero Chinese version almost playable

1. add mapper 163, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 211, 213, 215, 216 PAL Chinese version is playable

1. partially fix the display problem when exit.

2. fix mapper 74, You Chevalier and some other Chinese games displayed correctly.

1. rewrite windows handler, better titlebar refreshing

2. rewrite blitter, add vga support

3. restore screenpad for pocketpc

4. fix mapper170

5. fix mapper74, Dai-2-Ji - Super Robot Taisen (ch), Dragon Ball Z 2 - Gekishin Freeza! (ch),

Dragon Ball Z Gaiden - Saiya Jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku (ch), Sangokushi (ch) works well now

6. fix mapper83, world heros2 display well

7. fix mapper245, Ying Lie Qun Xia Zhuan (ch) works

8. fix mapper249...

1. add support for rar compress format

2. fix mapper74

3. fix mapper163

1. fix mapper74, chaos world(ch) works

2. fix the rom can not be opened on pocketpc when tgetfile.dll is not present, it use system getfiledlg instead

3. add support for landscape qvga, add support for non standard resolution

tgetfile.dll is needed which is available at http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

PocketNesterPlus.zip

Edited by masterall

Guest 171235_1437909563

thx masterall !!

gonna try this as soon as possible

is it posssible to make a list of the working roms please ??

(and the non working roms ;) )

it would be much better for those who want to try the emulator...

Guest doudz

hey masterall, why don't you manage with parallax20 to use the other file explorer ? cause the only bad thingin your emu is this trial message when loading roms ....

cheers and thanks for your powerfull work !!!!

Guest masterall

éron:

The games working may be long~~

NNNesterj has good compatibility, so does it.

It can play all games NNNesterj could theoretically.

doudz:

I am working on the file explorer now actually. The new file explorer might be available soon.

Guest doudz

great news!!!

I test pocketnesterplus and i had some few problems with rc pro am cause some bottom lines don't appear... and there's problem of "persistant" (sorry i'm french) in game screen when pausing end leaving the games....

one last thing make something to bind the backspace key please !!!! just like in you're pocketsnes you do !

i've few others comments about both emus, but i don't know if it will bother you.... the work you made is alreaady so amazing.... but if you want some help to make them perfect, you can compte on me! (I'm not programmer but great beta tester I think...)

cheers

Edited by doudz

Guest masterall
great news!!!

I test pocketnesterplus and i had some few problems with rc pro am cause some bottom lines don't appear... and there's problem of "persistant" (sorry i'm french) in game screen when pausing end leaving the games....

one last thing make something to bind the backspace key please !!!! just like in you're pocketsnes you do !

i've few others comments about both emus, but i don't know if it will bother you.... the work you made is alreaady so amazing.... but if you want some help to make them perfect, you can compte on me! (I'm not programmer but great beta tester I think...)

cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess I knew what you mean for "persistant", but I havn't found the reason for the problem yet. And what you mean of "rc pro"?

Sorry, I know little Francais...

It is great if you would like to help with emulator test!

Guest mabury10

I'm guessing it would be a bit [offtopic]to be asking where I could find NES-roms?[/offtopic]. Only asking because an emulator will be great fun, but surely not without games to be playing on it.

thanks

Guest masterall

doudz:

OK, I will add pause key setting in the next version.

catman3:

Sorry, I havn't test Parallax's updated version yet. I guess the differences is more mapper is supported in my version.

Guest Sly123

HI,

i just need to say something. Your emulator is awesome. the auto frameskip works really good! almost all games run perfectly.

There are only a few slowdowns but the rest is well done. big thanks for this ;)

Guest masterall
HI,

i just need to say something. Your emulator is awesome. the auto frameskip works really good! almost all games run perfectly.

There are only a few slowdowns but the rest is well done. big thanks for this ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! And what you mean slowdown? In some games?

Guest doudz

hey !

everything is getting better and better, and it's sounds good!!! playing nes snes and genesis is awesome.

I always get the same probleme while playinr RC pro am (I can't tell if in the other game it's the same) : a few bottom line aren't displayed... so I just can't see my stock of ammo ....

and as I told you last time when you pause the game, or leave the emu the game screen stay on background until you use home key or something like that....

cheers.

PS masterall, if you have msn, give me your adress for some debriefing !

Guest Sly123
Thanks! And what you mean slowdown? In some games?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if there are too much moving objects its slows down on my mpx220. maybe just not enough cpu power. it would need optimizing ore overclocking i think ;)

Guest masterall

@doudz

You can try to enable display all 240 scanlines in graphics setting of PocketNesterPlus. And the second problem you mentioned, has been fixed, and will released in the next version.

@Sly123

Do you remember the mappers which used in the game that slowed down?

Guest Sly123
@doudz

You can try to enable display all 240 scanlines in graphics setting of PocketNesterPlus. And the second problem you mentioned, has been fixed, and will released in the next version.

@Sly123

Do you remember the mappers which used in the game that slowed down?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how can i see what mappers are used?

its in the game megaman 3 (maybe other games too) i there are too much visual effects the game become slow.

Guest doudz

hey hey hey !!!

masterall great god !!!

i've tried the 240 scanlines modes in version 0.5 of pocketnesterplus and it works perfect... except cause you know there always a problem for french people ;) when I finish a race in RC pro AM the screen display the right image and the mirror image alternating fastly (top is bottom and bottom is top( i cant tell if left and right alternate too) )... jard to describe with my bad english...

and there is always this kind of remaining screen when you pause or load a game...

except this few detail you ve done an amaizind work dude !!!! and i hope you re managing releasing a GBA emulator....!!!

good work, hame's god!!!

cheers

Guest obiwanblee

I seem to have the same problem on all your ports masterall - the games will load, run very fast for a few seconds, then lock up for 30 seconds, then smooth again, etc. I have an SMT5600, and I am at my wits end as to why this is happening.

If anyone has ANY idea, please let me know.

Guest Halcyon

Hello to all,

I am a new owner of the T-Mobile MDA (running Windows Mobile 5) which I purchased 2 days ago. I have been struggling since then to find a NES emulator that will work properly in landscape mode! I am at my wits end here...sigh... I can successfully load the emu as well as the roms, but regardless of what my controller settings are, they are always completely backwards! Example:

With the keyboard extended, the EMU switches to landscape mode and all is well.

The ROMs load, run, look and sound amazing!!!

My controls are as follows (this has a full QWERTY keyboard BTW):

Left - A

Right - D

Up - W

Down - Z

A button - L

B button - K

Start - Y

Select - T

It seems that regardless of what I setup the keys to be, its as if the EMU thinks it is still in portrait mode and adjusts the keys as such... does anyone know how to force the keys to remain the same *and* work as desired in landscape? I would be immensely appreciative of any help anyone can provide!!

Guest Sly123
Hello to all,

I am a new owner of the T-Mobile MDA (running Windows Mobile 5) which I purchased 2 days ago. I have been struggling since then to find a NES emulator that will work properly in landscape mode! I am at my wits end here...sigh... I can successfully load the emu as well as the roms, but regardless of what my controller settings are, they are always completely backwards! Example:

With the keyboard extended, the EMU switches to landscape mode and all is well.

The ROMs load, run, look and sound amazing!!!

My controls are as follows (this has a full QWERTY keyboard BTW):

Left - A

Right - D

Up - W

Down - Z

A button - L

B button - K

Start - Y

Select - T

It seems that regardless of what I setup the keys to be, its as if the EMU thinks it is still in portrait mode and adjusts the keys as such... does anyone know how to force the keys to remain the same *and* work as desired in landscape? I would be immensely appreciative of any help anyone can provide!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i had the same problem but after changing it right everything works fine. and i have a mpx220

Edited by Sly123

Guest Halcyon
i had the same problem but after changing it right everything works fine. and i have a mpx220

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you mean "after I changed it right"???

Guest masterall

@doudz

Actually, I have worked with the new dynarec thumb core for GBA for almost 2 weeks. Most instructions worked well, I will build a new version as soon as I finish it.

@obiwanblee

It is really weird! Do you have the similar problem with other emulators port by someone else? And try uncheck autoskip frame in PocketSNES.

@Halcyon

It havn't been tested with a qwerty keyboard. The key setting will rotate corresponding to the display setting. For example, when you set A for up, then it will use A for up in portrait mode, and A for right in Left Landscape mode, for left in Right Landscape mode.

• 1 month later...
Guest kevinsephiroth

for those who wanna a custom english tgetfile.dll without prompt every 5 save/load state or rom:

i don't know how much time it will last on rapidshare so grab it now (if you are like me and hate having a window popping up every five load rom or state)

this file is to put in your windows directory, and replace the older one. it will work for pocketnester, pocketsnes, and picodrive (all ports of masterall).

(credit goes to mavipolo who made it)TgetFille.DLL.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zfunk007

I've been playing with this emulator for about a month now and I must say it works great! Great compatibility and sound! Now for a few bugs, portrait mode doesn't work quite right for some reason. There are weird lines running horizontally across the screen when I try it. Also I think there is a problem with the vertical scroll. When I was playing through Dragon Warrior I noticed a lot of flickering when I walked vertically, not so much horizontally. It's no big deal though, the games still work great!

I also couldn't get Dragon Warrior 2 to work. It just freezes my phone and I have to pull the battery out to get it to turn off. Can someone else test this for me to see if it has the same efffect? Could be the ROM. I will try some other ones.

Any plans to update this emulator anymore Masterall? It works great as it is, but I'm curious..