PocketNesterPlus 0.9

Guest masterall

Guest synthesis77

First off, this thing ROCKS! Three quick things:

1 - how do you turn the volume down a little? It's really loud.

2 - up/down/left/right needed to be remapped in landscape mode on the Q

3 - Ninja Gaiden wouldn't let me press any buttons or exit: had to pull the battery

Biggest thing is the volume though! Thanks!

Guest synthesis77

Okay, after playing with this for a while, I've found a way to turn down all volume on the Q, but it would be nice to specify a volume for just nester, since it makes the call volume really low. Second, it's not just Ninja Gaiden that hangs, it's a lot of them. I seem to have better luck if I hit start repeatedly as their starting up. Seems that once they're going, they're fine. Any tips?

Guest zfunk007

Haven't had any problems like that synthesis77. Most games I have work great on startup. And I got Dragon Warrior 2 working, just needed a different ROM. I also noticed that the graphics for level 2 in Ninja Gaiden 2 are garbled. You can still play through the level, just hard to see.

What kind of phone do you have synthesis77?

Edited by zfunk007

Guest synthesis77
What kind of phone do you have synthesis77?
I've got the Motorola Q. The games themselves don't crash or hang, it seems that the keyboard simply stops responding. Even the power button is locked out, thus necessitating the battery pull. I haven't tried calling myself when it's locked, maybe that would get me out. I have noticed that when it's not responding, I can hold the thumbwheel and get the volume to change. I also installed PocketSNES and it seems to do the same thing, albeit less often. I'm willing to help debug if I can be of assistance. I don't know ARM ASM, but I'm sure I can still be useful.

Guest smores
I've got the Motorola Q. The games themselves don't crash or hang, it seems that the keyboard simply stops responding. Even the power button is locked out, thus necessitating the battery pull. I haven't tried calling myself when it's locked, maybe that would get me out. I have noticed that when it's not responding, I can hold the thumbwheel and get the volume to change. I also installed PocketSNES and it seems to do the same thing, albeit less often. I'm willing to help debug if I can be of assistance. I don't know ARM ASM, but I'm sure I can still be useful.

I haven't had that problem, but a couple times, after going into the game menu, and hitting File, I tried to press the x key for Exit, and it beeped at me, not doing anything. So I scroll down and exit. Then I try to create a new task/email/type in wmIRC, and all I can type are the symbols! The input mode says "abc" at the top right of the screen, but I get something like this "$!@!9138" whenever I type, no matter what combo of shift/symbol keys I press. Only powering the device on/off will allow normal text to be input.

I also cannot figure out a way to regulate volume on the Q. It's either super-maximum-Motorola speakerphone-deafening-130db loud, or completely silent after disabling sound. If anyone knows a way to decrease the volume, it would be greatly appreciated... I haven't tried using my bt headset for audio. Since it works in mono with the pocket WMP, I'm assuming it will work, and I'm hoping the volume buttons on the headset (Moto HS500) will work. I'll let you guys know if that works...

Edited by smores

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bugfixer02

Hi, I can't get the following menu items to work:

1. Open ROM

2. Load State

3. Save State

Nothing happens when I click those items. I can play games by directly opening the rom files thru explorer. Are there any files or settings I am missing? I am using MPX220. Any help is highly appreciated.

Guest doudz

did you think to read the topic from the first message to the the last? cause this questions has already been asked a tousand times....

VIVE LA FRANCE !!! WORLD CHAMPION !!!

Guest doudz

we aren't yet the world champions for 2006, but for 1998.... just like a president is president for his entire life, the world champions are champions for their entire life....

viva sagnol !!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest atlanta1980

im sorry masterall but im completely new to the q and i can not get any emulator to work for my q.every nes emu i try to use use is either not a windows ce app or it is not signed with a trusted certificate.i know you have probably explained this a million times but i need it broken down in simple terms pleeeeeeeeeeeeze.your help wouldl be greatly appreciated.

and another thing is my usb cable supposed to wiggle a little when it is plugged in?

Guest KTamas

I've tried it on my MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) and I like it but there are two issues:

- slide-out keyboard's cursor keys are messed up (as some people previously mentioned, but no biggie, I can redefine it in a way that it works)

- can not disable smooth strech: please, please add an option to turn streching off in landscape because it is really annoying and makes the games just ugly.

Edited by KTamas

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thiagod
I've tried it on my MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) and I like it but there are two issues:

- slide-out keyboard's cursor keys are messed up (as some people previously mentioned, but no biggie, I can redefine it in a way that it works)

- can not disable smooth strech: please, please add an option to turn streching off in landscape because it is really annoying and makes the games just ugly.

hi

i have a Motorola MPx 220 and i need change 3 images stored in ROM, all in /windows

- default.jpg

- unknown.jpg

- ms_mobile.gif

how i copy this files to ROM, or what registry key i change this files to another files?

any idea?

thanks

Guest masterall

atlanta1980:

First, "not signed with a trusted certificate" is a common notification for many free softwares, so just choose yes to continue to run. Second, I guess the default landscape mode may cause some software unable to run, you may rotate the screen to portrait mode and try again.

KTamas:

If i'm not remember wrong, the stretch is disabled in landscape mode for QVGA screen. well, I will check it later.

Guest HagbardCeline

I ahve been trying and trying to get PocketSNES to run on my Samsung SGH-i320, but the best I can do is that the program shuts down after a ROM is loaded. I tried the version on the official website, the Plus version from this thread, even some shady version (smaller than both the website and thread versions) I found on DC++, all at no avail. Has anyone else got these problems with the MotoQ, or Si320?

I badly want PuzzleBobble on my SmartPhone, and since MAMEce also doesn't work, this seems like my best chance...

Guest dijital

hi, does anyone know if the samsung i320 has an 9 way d pad? you know for 90 degree angels? there are pleant of places on the net that state a 5 way pad but im not sure if it is true or not.

this seems like my dream device for entertainment, but if it has a 5 way pad its useless to me as a games machine (emulators, etc)

TIA!

Guest masterall

HagbardCeline:

you may rotate the screen to portrait mode and try again. the default landscape mode may prevent emulators to run, I have encountered the similar problem on a 2003se pocketpc.

atlanta1980:

First, "not signed with a trusted certificate" is a common notification for many free softwares, so just choose yes to continue to run. Second, I guess the default landscape mode may cause some software unable to run, you may rotate the screen to portrait mode and try again.

KTamas:

If i'm not remember wrong, the stretch is disabled in landscape mode for QVGA screen. well, I will check it later.

It is streching in qvga landscape mode for sure...

Guest mthomas456
I ahve been trying and trying to get PocketSNES to run on my Samsung SGH-i320, but the best I can do is that the program shuts down after a ROM is loaded. I tried the version on the official website, the Plus version from this thread, even some shady version (smaller than both the website and thread versions) I found on DC++, all at no avail. Has anyone else got these problems with the MotoQ, or Si320?

I badly want PuzzleBobble on my SmartPhone, and since MAMEce also doesn't work, this seems like my best chance...

Yes I am having the same problem on my samsung i320n I have tried changing the display modes but it always crashes right as the rom is loaded. Anyone have a clue how to fix it? Same thing happens with the SNES emu.

Hello all.

The app seemed to work flawlessly for the first few days. Then one of the buttons quit working in the games. I currently have a PPC-6700 and am playing in landscape mode. It has a joystick of sorts on the 6700 and it worked fine previously. Now, the up (landscape mode) / right (portrait mode) key no longer functions during game play. It works fine in the menu and everywhere else.

Anybody having similar issues?

Thanks,

risc999

Guest masterall
Hello all.

The app seemed to work flawlessly for the first few days. Then one of the buttons quit working in the games. I currently have a PPC-6700 and am playing in landscape mode. It has a joystick of sorts on the 6700 and it worked fine previously. Now, the up (landscape mode) / right (portrait mode) key no longer functions during game play. It works fine in the menu and everywhere else.

Anybody having similar issues?

Thanks,

risc999

Have you set the keys again in controll setting dialog? Delete key setting in registry may help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ditrone

does not work for me on moto mpx200.

where should i install the executable?

do i just unrar it and copy it to my storgae card. i've tried placing the exe in a different location(on the phone) as well.

it says file not found when i try and goto it via file explorer. it shows up but when i try to click it i get an error.

i installed the dll.

the snes emulator doesn't work either.

can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks

Guest ditrone
does not work for me on moto mpx200.

where should i install the executable?

do i just unrar it and copy it to my storgae card. i've tried placing the exe in a different location(on the phone) as well.

it says file not found when i try and goto it via file explorer. it shows up but when i try to click it i get an error.

i installed the dll.

the snes emulator doesn't work either.

can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks

it says

Can't find "pocketnesterPlus" (or one or more of its componets). make sure the path and filename are correct and that all libraraies are available.

i'm using Smartphone 2002 (V1)

do i need to upgrade the firmware to 2003?

i can't find the roms for this anywhere.

Guest ditrone

ok i just installed mame and i'm getting the same thing. i think i'm doing something wrong. i try to access these exe's by browsing to them with the file explorere built inot the os. it says can't be found. any help will be greatly appreciated.